Theater of blood

Lulznotwar - Lost City
Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Taken directly from patch notes:
Theater of Blood
The Theater of Blood is now open! Players level 50+ can slaughter each other for fun and prizes. To participate, talk to the Herald of Blood in each major city between 18:30 and 19:15. They can be found near the Adventure Assistants and Khatru Pups. More details to follow soon!

Anyone got any further info on this event? or Any of the rewards etc?

Chur
RIP spoons
RIP PWI
The game is dead
Post edited by Lulznotwar - Lost City on

Comments

• _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    <.< I doubt anyone has much info on this new event, since GM's apparently don't have the details either. Looking forward to finding out.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I am intrigued :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's official name was "The Arena" basically and instance for PK fest.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This idea is not bad but it should be at least twice a day... I won't wake up in the middle of the night for it and there is no way I will go european server.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Oh, so its just the arena working finally?

Damn, thought it was gonna be something new D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's the arena :3 My guess is the devs made em open it to participate in that tournament. Instead of letting them just choose not to open it -_- I'm also guessing that this where the tournament's first round are gonna be held.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ""Theater of Blood
    The Theater of Blood is now open! Players level 50+ can slaughter each other for fun and prizes. To participate, talk to the Herald of Blood in each major city between 18:30 and 19:15. They can be found near the Adventure Assistants and Khatru Pups. More details to follow soon! ""

That mean the event is already implemented but not yet tested , player have to test it and report bug b:chuckle
    Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
    **** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    bout time they fixed the arena.

Shame they made it only a 45minute timespan though. Flooded by R9's? You better count on it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yay another event at 3am .-.

Would be cool if it was open all day but meh.
    Guess I'll stick to pking otherwise then...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Sadly =_____=
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Are us Europeans and British people are minority. Every single event other then the tree event and snake race are all during midnight.

Oh yeah its America, its not international, only the name and accessing.
    Yet they can easily put at afternoon in America/ UK and europe evening times. You know when they mention this it looked cool but i knew that it will be at midnight and they proved me right again. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Stop qqing and just re-roll to the damn EU server's when they come out.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    PWE you slack x.x
    ^FFFFFFA unified and mentally sharp army is not enough to survive the imminent invasion; our coalition force also needs individuals that can stand out from the crowd. Throughout the history of conflict, wars have been won and lost by the decisions of a few. To ensure that the leaders of our coalition are the best of the best, the Elders have commissioned me to test the warriors of Perfect World. If you wish to be the few tested, I will provide you with a token that can be used to enter the arena. Take this token to the Khatru Pup before 19:15 to enter.

^FF0000 Maximum player limit: 150.
    The Theater of Blood is an open battlefield that will test your abilities to survive against other warriors like yourself.

Atrium Cachehoarders in the Atrium drop two items when killed: the Horn of Blood and the Heart of Blood. These two items can be exchanged for rewards.
    ^FF0000The Horn of Blood is a quest item and is automatically added to your bag for killing monsters. These can be used to exchange for rewards. The more Horns of Blood you collect, the greater the rewards you will get.
    The point of this exercise is to determine which warriors are strong enough to lead our coalition armies. If you can defeat other players in combat, you can take all of the Hearts of Blood they have collected and exchange them for rewards. Be warned! The more Hearts of Blood you have, the more intensely the emblem above your head will burn. This may incite the other players to attack you to steal your Hearts of Blood.
    The light aura comes from an emblem that appears on players carrying the Hearts of Blood. The more Hearts of Bloods a player acquires, the brighter the light shines, and the more of a target that player will become to others.
    Some monsters in the Atrium of Blood will drop an item called the Blood Totem. This item applies a random status effect when picked up. Sometimes it can help you by increasing your damage and maximum health. Other times it can weaken your attacks and slow your movement speed. Those who are bold enough to pick up a Blood Totem can get an edge in battle !

This is what you can read at the npc tonight when it spawns. Happy slaughtering guys b:victory
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2011

it should be open all day b:surrender or at least in 1-2hour time intervals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, right. Knowing PWI's servers, it's gonna be something more along the lines of "Theatre of Lag".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Nepenthe - Lost City
    Nepenthe - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So the arena is back? took em long enough. now to deal watch everyone 1shot eachother w/ R9

how about an arena with no rank stuff b:dirty then well see skill in action instead of facerollong
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Man, some people are never happy...

QQ I want the arena...

QQ they opened the arena and it is out of my timezone

QQ they opened the Arena and it's on my timezone, but it will be soooo laggy...

Positive input anyone?
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yay, they finally opened the damned thing!
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Nepenthe - Lost City
    Nepenthe - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Man, some people are never happy...

QQ I want the arena...

QQ they opened the arena and it is out of my timezone

QQ they opened the Arena and it's on my timezone, but it will be soooo laggy...

Positive input anyone?

My positivity died when packs were introduced
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This event actually seems kinda fun but if the rewards are not atleast semi good then there is no point in doing it lol. If anything though it seems like it'd be a fun place to just mess around and pk.
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This event actually seems kinda fun but if the rewards are not atleast semi good then there is no point in doing it lol. If anything though it seems like it'd be a fun place to just mess around and pk.

500 hearts reward >> http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/24519 and according to this >> http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/31451 you can exchange 1, 30, 50, 100, 500, 800, 1000 and 15000 hearts for rewards...

Will be digging a bit for the rest, brb.

1500 > Ring of blood > http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/31539
    1000 > COF Directorate Secret Letter > http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/23943
    800 > 120 rep (direct reward)
    500 > Immortal Gift Pack > http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/31540 | http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/24519
    100 > no rewards, empty quest
    50 > no rewards, empty quest
    30 > no rewards, empty quest
    1 > Purified horn of blood

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I guess the Pot-belly Bloodkin Baby Pet Egg in the Immortal Gift Pack is the ultimate prize.
    That or the time-limited Soaring Token flyers from 5 Rings of Blood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Taken directly from patch notes:

Anyone got any further info on this event? or Any of the rewards etc?

Chur

More info to come in the afternoon :)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    More info to come in the afternoon :)

Coolness, can we also expect a response to another urgent thread in the afternoon?

Also, question for all your PVPers out there. Are you planning to go to this despite 2x? Also, I wonder if besides the hearts there is a chance for anything else to drop. hmm....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sounds interesting but can you guys divide the event in two, one for arcane classes and another for melees?

I think Arcane mobs should drop more stuff to make it fair for non aps classes. In my case I'm bringing my assassin to the event because there is no point of comparison, not even my R9 toon can match the damage that my R8 sin do.
  • TigerBloodd - Raging Tide
    TigerBloodd - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Eh, So basicly it's going to be a PK fest. Sounds fun, But I'd hate to be the only lower level...
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    sound good but i think i keep my full r9 but out of it and pass on it Thank you GM anywaysb:shutup
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Official info can be found here:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=270541

Frankie, I have a question for you (and for anyone else who is willing to answer):

Do you think there should be lvl brackets so it can be fair for everyone since you and everyone else knows that anyone that's not lvl 100+ with R8/9 gear will most likely be 1 shotted and have no chance of getting anything good... especially if you are at lvl 50.

But I'm am looking forward to testing this event tomorrow. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Frankie, I have a question for you (and for anyone else who is willing to answer):

Do you think there should be lvl brackets so it can be fair for everyone since you and everyone else knows that anyone that's not lvl 100+ with R8/9 gear will most likely be 1 shotted and have no chance of getting anything good... especially if you are at lvl 50.

But I'm am looking forward to testing this event tomorrow. b:pleased

Completely agree. 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100-105 should be the brackets I think. That way it's completely fair and you'll be on par with the other players in there. I know if I go in there on a level 50 character I won't have a chance at anything with all the 90+ players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.