Frankies "new EU servers" statement, idea poll

Comments

• Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As nice as it sounds, I don't think it would work. People would get bored and frustrated with how hard things are to obtain again and the few who pulled it off wouldn't be enough to keep it up.
    And why would I play a server with just the original six classes? Might as well go on a private then.

And meh. I'm German but wouldn't start over. My mains a 101 veno with herc and nix and I got lots of great friends here :p Only thing that I'd like to do are the events and TW. But I know I wouldn't put that much time/money in to be a force to reckon with b:chuckle
    Sanctuary <3
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Your new signature is creeping me out.

he stole it from me >:(
  • Spherefish - Harshlands
    Spherefish - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Which one?xD
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I will not change server, except if I could transfer my characters and equip to it. As I know this will never happen, I will stick to Sanc <3.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Mishisan - Heavens Tear
    Mishisan - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I went to visit the website in hopes of finding something nice but... all i found was the same website in a new language. So does that mean the new "Perfect Wolrd" Servers will be in a different language other than English? Meaning that although you get the same stuff 2 years ago but you wont be able to understand anything ingame? XD

http://pwi.de.perfectworld.eu/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Dorset for the Awesome Sig!
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I srsly hope that they will make an english version of EU servers if not the rest of europe will still need to play in US servers
  • Azzan - Harshlands
    Azzan - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Er, didn't they say all servers would be accessible with all clients? So just a new server, and 2 translated clients compitable with all servers?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Er, didn't they say all servers would be accessible with all clients? So just a new server, and 2 translated clients compitable with all servers?

U prob right dunno the details yet
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The french post is only about how PK and TW works...

And jeez people, you should learn to read... mods said that you can play with the english client in the EU server, the new thing is only that you can just download the translated clients for french and german when they're available.

The game will be still English if you have the English client -.- They don't need to make a new version of it.

I find it awesome that they have their own forums moderated by their own language speaking GMs, is a great progress for people that can't, don't want or simply don't know english.
  • izje
    izje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sounds exactly like pw.ms as it was run by GamesMasters.com. One for the old schoolers where lvl 90 meant something ( not just u spend all your time in FF ) You didnt have socket stones or the new FF or Cube or new bhs. Having said that theres some elements of pwi id like to see included. The new Divine Orders for example - so nice to be able to make a nice wep at lower lvls and i like that theyre linked to bh1 after lvl 50.

All my hard work is on Heaven tho - 2 lvl 100s that I made on first day of open beta - I wouldnt move again.

The multilanguage service pw was pretty cool, I dont really like the idea of 1 nationality factions - I understand why people would want that but as the song says

If looks could kill, they probably will
    In games without frontiers - war without tears
    If looks could kill, they probably will
    In games without frontiers - war without tears
    Games without frontiers - war without tears

Jeux sans frontieres - Peter Gabriel
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25956

However how is that related to the OP?

Oh, I should have mentioned it, it was on the French pwi site in the news category...so ummm the link given here took me there lol...i kinda derailed a bit, but it was so shinny lol. TY for the link ;)b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ok the problem is..when they make a new server ....the european servers....how are they not going to be like Archosaur (server)...lets make it simple how is these server not going to e dead...plus..lets think about the QQ the servers are dead..QQ I don't like this that or this..QQ..QQ.QQ no one listening to me QQ!!!..In conclusion, the EU servers will be "coming soon" (just like the pwi house system).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Well Raging Tide was also dead not a long time ago and there you are lol
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    a mod on the german forum said:

-new servers will have the same content and patches like all other pwi servers
    -there will be 1 server for every language (english, german, french)
    -so far i understood the mod, you can play with, for example, the german client on every other server (not sure about that)

if that is the way they do it, then i think the german and french server will be a little empty.
    i, as german, would rather play on the english one because you would have not only british but all other nationalities there, like norway, spain, italy and what not.
    + all other countries closer to europe for ping and time zone reasons
    + all germans and french who rather play in english with many other people instead of an empty server with people speaking their language.

but towards making different servers for each language. might be better than having a general eu server where people use 3 different languages AND 3 different sets of item/mob/location naming. i can imagine that could be hell of confusing.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yes
    No, I like the game as it is now, stupidly easy with packs and OP gear/insane leveling speed

Loving the biased polls =x I voted yes because i think it's a brilliant idea but still you could have been more subtle xP
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    zizoun wrote: »
    This post made me laugh so hard...

So you're telling to the PWE company to remove their biggest source of income?? (aps, packs, high refines, ranks) Where's the sense on that? lol...

Put the game from 2008 and then 1 week later you can complain in forums again:

"OMG QQ can't level fast enough, this is boring"
    "OMG QQ there's no new content/endgame gear, I'm bored"
    "OMG QQ all TWs last the same time cause everyone has got the same cheapass gear and nobody has any problems to acquire every powerful gear, so boring"

Really, stop living in a pink world, this is not dreamy land... Get smart, find your way and adapt to changes

+1 to this post and I want to add the best way to adapt to this game is quittingb:thanks
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    wow they are making a new server?
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Yes they are
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    wow they are making a new server?

Yup .. So us Euro's can stop moaning about TW and event times .. Ok it might make the current server's less populated .. but small price to pay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • True_magic - Heavens Tear
    True_magic - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yes!

finily! Events and decent hours!!

:D
    edited June 2011
    i have stopped playing this game for some time, but might play a bit over summer. when are they releasing the eu version?
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    The exact day is unkown but i would guess 1 july
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    GhostDuck - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I am from the US and would actually rather play the EU servers. I played a private server based in England for a long time and i find those TW/Event times on weekends much more suitable to my life. I rather go out and have fun with friends at night, and play my TW's hungover, but that's just me. I hope we can log on there too
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hmm starting again would be tough. Well at least it can give me a different challenge. I think i will pick magic and arcane for once, never picked them before in any game.

What to chose:chuckle. Well i like aoe, i guess wizard or Psychic. Not cleric(Cause too much responsibility ; / ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    you can access EU servers from US? :O arent the servers dead enough right now?
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    a mod on the german forum said:

-new servers will have the same content and patches like all other pwi servers
    -there will be 1 server for every language (english, german, french)
    -so far i understood the mod, you can play with, for example, the german client on every other server (not sure about that)

if that is the way they do it, then i think the german and french server will be a little empty.
    i, as german, would rather play on the english one because you would have not only british but all other nationalities there, like norway, spain, italy and what not.
    + all other countries closer to europe for ping and time zone reasons
    + all germans and french who rather play in english with many other people instead of an empty server with people speaking their language.

but towards making different servers for each language. might be better than having a general eu server where people use 3 different languages AND 3 different sets of item/mob/location naming. i can imagine that could be hell of confusing.

Completely agree with this, they would be better off running one big english server cause german and french servers might be dead if they run one of those... And it would help the English one to have more activity and be more attractive.

I disagree about the "hell of confusing" in the items part... You don't need any kind of knowledge for knowing the name of an item, just someone between your friends from the same country that knows a little of english to tell you which item is that one. To trade you just have to know how to write "c/o 30 mil" lol

In squads you have already people that know english but they don't wanna talk anyway, so is the same as not knowing the language.

I've played plenty of EU servers with people mixed from many many countries and it worked out good (i.e. Diablo2 is doing this for almost 20 years, and many other mmo's). You'll be able to join EU servers from US also yes and tbh I'll be very happy to not wake up at 5am to do TW...

I might even use the cashop to thank pwi for giving us this chance b:laugh
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    mh have those games really used different language sets for items/mobs/cities?
    i mean the different laguages won't be the problem. but they rename for every language client everything. like eehr on the german page under the teleport coordinations there is a city called "Rovalia" o.O at (325, 415). is that plume?

i mean imagine 3 people. one using the english client, one the german and one the french.

player 1: hey guys lets meet in plume
    player 2: huh? plume? never heard of, i think i am too low to go there i guess *while he sits at the plume ah
    player 1: darn...ehr ok where are you now?
    player 2: in rovalia
    player 1: huh?
    player 3: oui oui i can come to plume (which for the french client is the same) but i am now in bruma tho and will fly from there.
    player 1: huh? i play pwi now since 2 years but you guys with places i never heard before drive me nuts

and they renamed items, mobs, classes and so on
    you get now what i mean with possible confusion when 3 different language clients are used on the same server?

on a side note, there is no word in german like rovalia o.O
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Heh. It's probably the word for 'fluffy' :)

Yes, renaming all the towns would be stupid. Renaming the items would be no worse than here though, as long as it's not one-name-per-client. (NWN did that. Langshwertz everywhere!)

And... well, it's far too late for me. No WAY am I abandoning this avatar for a new server, not after this much time put into it.

I'm more likely to jump ship to another mmo than to do that.