A new way to beat down coin inflation?

Olivassin - Heavens Tear
Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
First of all, before posting any reply, please, read all the whole post and think for 1-2 minutes. I don't want trolls here. I'm sorry if i can't explain it properly, since i'm from Spain. Also, note that this is part of Economic policy, so it's very hard to predict if it will work or not.
Also, save your keyboard life by not posting replies such "That's not going to happen", etc. I know that this is mostly not going to happen, since maybe PWE can't make profit from it, but i don't care. I just want to discuss with players what they think about it.

I think that we all agree we got coin inflation [i.e. gold prices going up like bubbles, etc]. That's because more and more coins are put into the system and they're hard to be taken out .

note: i'm not saying there are no sinks, but they're not enough. Some examples of coin sinks we get:
-> Repair bills
-> Skills
-> Some instances, like lunar
-> Faction base's gear, although its not a coin sink atm, because no one buys them, since it's not worth.
-> Etc.

First i thought [it's not the suggestion, i saw this would fail!] that there could be a NPC that gives fixed prices for Cash-Shop stuff in coins. That should prevent gold rasing up, and people by buying there would make their coins disapear from the system. Then i saw this wouldn't work, since you would set a price for something that, by now, has variable price.

Then what i will suggest will touch the gold trading system. Every time some player puts an offer of "Sell Gold" on the auctioneer, the 'System' also puts an offer of "Sell Gold" for the same ammount and the same price.

The 'System' is the machine, has infinite gold and infinite coins.

Example:
You want to sell 25 of your gold for 1 milion each. You put that into the auctioneer.
Then the system also puts an offer of 25 gold for 1 milion each to sell.

Then goes the other player, that has 50 milion he wants to spend to buy 50 gold for 1 milion each. He checks the auctioneer, and he sees that there's a 50 gold sale for 1 milion each. Perfect :3.

Then:
-> The player who sold the gold will get 25 milion for his 25 gold
-> The player who bought the gold will get 50 gold for 50 milion

Result: 25 milion has disapeared from the game system, in exchange to 25 gold put into game system, which it isn't a problem at all, because 'everyone' can put gold into the system by paying $.

Then thinking about it with my brother, we got a conclusion. It can make some rich people make profit of it. It's really hard to happen, mainly because there're allways people buying / selling gold, but here goes it:

Imagine that someone finds a timespan when people is offline. Then:
1 -> He buys gold with $ [looots of gold]
2 -> Sells all that gold for cheap until there are no offers of "Buy Gold"
3 -> Then he puts an offer of "Sell 50 Gold for 1 coin each"
4 -> The System, as i said puts another offer of "Sell 50 Gold for 1 coin each"
5 -> He buys 100 gold for 1 coin each
6 -> Repeat to step 3

Result: Player with infinite gold :3

As i said, this is really hard to happen, because people are allways online, since PWI has people from all arround the gold (And you might not want to sell 1.000 gold for 1 coin each to someone :P), and because that player should spend lots of dollars, and he wouldn't know how much he has to spend.

But then there's 2 fixes i thought, that i want to know what do you think about it:
-> Cap the System Gold to lower. I mean, the system won't sell gold for lower than.... say 100k?, but players can go lower than that if they want.
-> Make the price that sets the system when it sells gold to a mean (daily or weekly mean) instead of the current price, but never cheaper than the player who's selling it [so it doesn't disturb players who want to sell]

Again, no trolls please, thank you :3
- Olivassin -
Post edited by Olivassin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    PWE putting $ into the AH for free? Lol.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    How to stop inflation you ask? simply tell PWE to stop being greedy and remove packs or remove the ability to get the 10mill bank notes, thats a bulk of the problem sorted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Boogie is right. PWI would be pumping gold into the system, gold that wasn't even paid for. They'd lose money.

Its an interesting idea, but not sound from a business perspective.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    PWE putting $ into the AH for free? Lol.
    [...] Also, save your keyboard life by not posting replies such "That's not going to happen", etc. I know that this is mostly not going to happen, since maybe PWE can't make profit from it, but i don't care. I just want to discuss with players what they think about it.

[...]

Again, no trolls please, thank you :3
    - Olivassin -

really? o.o
    edited June 2011
    Effective and proven ways of countering inflation? Jolly Jone's packs.

Or, we can make Jones' available for 100k each instead of Facebook spam, but PWE looses advertising...

edit - I stopped reading after what you suggested because it's beyond reality. We might as well be asking for a GM to come online and magically remove 100b from every server.
    edited June 2011
    How to stop inflation you ask? simply tell PWE to stop being greedy and remove packs or remove the ability to get the 10mill bank notes, thats a bulk of the problem sorted.

Yes, that has been proposed and its a nice idea.

That was: stop inflation by eliminating coin injections to the system
    My suggestion is: stop inflation by puting a really effective coin sink
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Want to end inflation, you have to end careless spending from people that get instant rich on packs.

player wins 200 mil worth from pack items, think he will budget spending? or wait on an item he wants until the price drops? Nah they didn't earn that coin, so it's no sweat off their balls to spend an extra few million more than what the item/gold iwas worth a week ago. And there will ALWAYS be someone come along and buy out a high demand item, no matter the cost.
    re
    edited June 2011
    [...] Or, we can make Jones' available for 100k each instead of Facebook spam, but PWE looses advertising...

edit - I stopped reading after what you suggested because it's beyond reality. We might as well be asking for a GM to come online and magically remove 100b from every server.

To the first part: nah, then newb's can't get the jone's blessing [its hard to get 100k for a lvl40....]

To the 'edit' part: Its also beyond reallity to remove packs from boutique imo. What does that matter? can you discuss if it would or not work instead of saying it will never be applied?
    I ****ing know it will never be implemented, but as i said, I don't care.

Now if you want to repeat the same thing, i wanna ask you to leave my thread, thank you :3 *

* don't missunderstand, i'm trying to keep this thread clean....

edit:
    Want to end inflation, you have to end careless spending from people that g
    edited June 2011
    To the first part: nah, then newb's can't get the jone's blessing [its hard to get 100k for a lvl40....]

I fail to see why Jones' is a necessity. WoCC are like 60m each atm on my server, level 45s can't afford that, maybe we should make a NPC that sells them for 50k each? b:victory
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Mhh yeah, but if you take coins from people, then the prices drop down. This is Economic theory, so it [almost] never fails. Its called deflation.

In a normal monetary system, deflation is bad. Here has its postivie points. Now players who start can't get gold like we all did on our old times. Deflation would make it like it was before.

Adding more sinks into the economy is like raising the state taxes, when you do that people just tack it onto the end of the bill.
    re
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    #1 PWE making non stop crazy pack sales, r8/9 sales and what not for the last 2 years caused this increase in gold price. They want it like this, so it forces people who actually have jobs, to cash shop more. Giving the company more money, dont be an idiot. b:laughb:bye
    edited June 2011
    i was hoping to get some serious well-thought replies about Economic Policies, because i insisted so much to don't repply such things since its pointless, and all what i got was a bunch of trolls that make 2 lines at most.

Oh well... i give up

Think whatever you want, post whatever you want, i'm not going to follow this dead post anymore. I even would ask a mod to close it down for me plz.
    edited June 2011
    I had three lines, not two.

And I am telling you the complete truth. Complete marketing scam. b:dirty

LEARN2LEARN
    edited June 2011
    *ignores Frozen, since she is offtopic*

before i leave i wanna make things clear:
    Adding more sinks into the economy is like raising the state taxes, when you do that people just tack it onto the end of the bill.

Nah, its not a sink like that.... that could be another suggestion. Put AH fees to 50% instead of 10%, but, as you said, it would make ppl mad.
    It's more like the state sells you something... say computers, and then he destroys that money you gave them. Its a coin sink, but you don't get mad, since you got your brand new computer :3.

And thats why this is never to be implemented [like i said on the first post], it just makes no sense for PWE [But asking them to stop selling packs also doesn't make sense, since they get no moneh then :P]*

*Now that i remember, not too long time ago, they left us without pack sale for a month [but they were still in boutique]. Results: gold price stayed high, and lots of people Q.Qing about tokens being so expensive (23k). That sink didn't work, of course.

edit: To Frozen:
    So... no new content yet? look how my Q.Q language post finishes, and look how ur 1st post here finishes:
    [...] dont be an idiot. b:laughb:bye
    sry, but i had to say it :-P let's troll-spam this thread now, since it looks like no one cares, everyone is really happy with the current in-game economy, so no need to look for a solution [eventhough it might be an utopia] :D
    b:laughb:bye*

* -> i hope you got the sarcasm ;o
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    getting rid of the 10m big bank note and making chest of coins not give cash if opened b:surrender i think that would help alot more then people think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    #1 PWE making non stop crazy pack sales, r8/9 sales and what not for the last 2 years caused this increase in gold price. They want it like this, so it forces people who actually have jobs, to cash shop more. Giving the company more money, dont be an idiot. b:laughb:bye
    Very true. I already wrote the same thing. For PWI is best when gold is as high as possible. They don't care about players.
    They don't have any interest to lower price of gold. They would do it already if they care. As I said is good for them when price is high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dirtycar74
    dirtycar74 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Here's a far-fetched idea...

Put a time-limit on the coins gained from packs, akin to the new time-limit on stash box rewards. If you don't spend it, you lose it. Coins sunk.
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    -Raise prices of endgame skills.

-Make cube of fate more important and needed on daily base (like a BH), easier to do and more money shrink than it already is, making pages of fate bound and such.

-PWI already tried to change TW rewards from money to mirages but failed, Giving 10+ (20-30) mil per territory is a huge increase of inflation every week, also giving out medals that can be sold by coins is even more. My solution is give as reward for the holders 10 bound units of gold (medals bound aswell) per territory -like a 10 mil big note- and split that between all the assistants to TW (if you can track pvp count on core connect, I guess you're able to know who enters the battlefield).

Or give it to the leader and he's only able to mail it between all his members, or something like that.

PWE has already shown interest in controlating inflation in the servers by giving out mirages as TW price (which makes it lose all the interest.. so was a huge fail), I guess in older servers that's a more important subject, as me being in the newest server I don't see such a big deal with inflation.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    zizoun wrote: »
    -Make cube of fate more important and needed on daily base (like a BH), easier to do and more money shrink than it already is, making pages of fate bound and such.

Lol... it is bad enough that PvE players on PvE servers are already forced to go into a pk enabled instance if they ever want to finish their level 100 spiritual cultivation. Not only that, but BHs are meant to be squad quests.

If they made a PvE version of Cube they would have a lot more of us sinking our money into it anyway.

It has been said a million times but I agree: tokens of best luck should go. Ok, actually not tokens of best luck, but the ten million big note from the list of things you can get with them. That way people could still collect them up for TT100 weapon mats and whatnot, but we would not have so many millions injected into the system.

This system with the Gold Trading is an interesting idea. I can see faults with it, but I can see how it would work also. Unfortunately, PW's favorite thing to do to "fix" the problem is put useless content in for extravagant prices (Tiger Badge quest, Jones' Dragon Points, Guild Base stuff), but most of us are not stupid enough to spend money on useless things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited June 2011
    Very true. I already wrote the same thing. For PWI is best when gold is as high as possible. They don't care about players.
    They don't have any interest to lower price of gold. They would do it already if they care. As I said is good for them when price is high.

I like you :),. you know how things work around here lol b:victory

As they said a long time ago, they were apparently trying to keep the ingame econemy low, but yet they still have had pack sales CONSTANTLY for the last what 2 years? Then they come out with r8/9 sales, chip sales, and medals and gold goes EVEN HIGHER. It forces people to cash shop cuz in a way, its easier and cheaper.

Thats why PWE does not care about the players. They are the ones bringing these sales, to force gold to go higher so they can make more $$$$$. I know its a business, but at least keep your players happy. Look at your forums, its full of QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ's b:chuckleb:cry
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well for starters..this belongs in the suggestion thread (mods not doing their jobs i see, we need a new mods). Lastly if you want to talk about ways to "beat coin inflation" then you should make a thread or post specificly stating that you wish to find a solution. Instead of stating something that has been stated so many times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Lol... it is bad enough that PvE players on PvE servers are already forced to go into a pk enabled instance if they ever want to finish their level 100 spiritual cultivation. Not only that, but BHs are meant to be squad quests.

If they made a PvE version of Cube they would have a lot more of us sinking our money into it anyway.
    You know its not 'real' pk, right? Not like yer gonna be dropping items in the cube when killed. Yer still techincally blue-named. Besides this adds to challenge and idea of it being a coin-sink. If they made it more of a necessity to run it every day, and add a bit more cost, it could be an effective coin sink. Being PK means more chance someone will kill you and u need to start over (hence using more coins), though tbh the killing really isn't that out of control in the cube.
    Add diff rewards as an incentive to run it. 1mil exp at 101 for me is barely 0.4%. Increase the exp reward for 101+. Add a Nirvy key in reward like BH for 100+. Throw a chance for ecstasy/excitement card in Cube Crate along with mirage and dex badge (or just give a sundries pack at the end for chance at other cube goodies).
    Add similar things for the other level ranges, make people want to run it. Up the (chance at) rewards, and more people would find it worth it to run it. Even without upping the cost/challenge, more people running it means more coin sunk into it.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I like you :),. you know how things work around here lol b:victory

As they said a long time ago, they were apparently trying to keep the ingame econemy low, but yet they still have had pack sales CONSTANTLY for the last what 2 years? Then they come out with r8/9 sales, chip sales, and medals and gold goes EVEN HIGHER. It forces people to cash shop cuz in a way, its easier and cheaper.

Thats why PWE does not care about the players. They are the ones bringing these sales, to force gold to go higher so they can make more $$$$$. I know its a business, but at least keep your players happy. Look at your forums, its full of QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ's b:chuckleb:cry
    Hi ice tina b:bye
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Drop Cat shops; players can only transfer coins when outside of instances; squad drops, only from that instance, have to be divided at end of instance (timed to elminate any outside sales); PWI expands AH and sells all items sold to them (for profit) in their AH. This puts control of game economy with PWI and eliminates the bulk buying and economic control by players. Pack & item costs could be adjusted to maintain PWI profits and costs of items could get their prices in line with the target level's earning abilities. Items can olnly be transfered thru account stash. If a dropped item or purchased item (AH or Botique) is not used by that players characters, then only sales would be to an NPC at a set price.

Never happen tho b:bye
    edited June 2011
    Hi ice tina b:bye

hai iceanfi b:bye

I find it so funny about ppl who cry that they die in the cube on a pve server, Do you not like player vs player interactions? fighting ppl? like wtf are u playing for? b:laughb:victoryb:bye
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You want a REAL coin sink??? Add an entry fee to an over used unneeded instance...that's right FF...talk about draining coins from the servers coins would vanish faster than twinkies at a weight watchers meetingb:chuckleb:laugh That would fix the problem of too many coins in the economy.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Oliv, your way will work on reducing coin inflation, just like many other methods. The bottom line is that it's NOT because people can't think of good ways to reduce inflation, but because the game management doesn't care to control inflation. It's like keep giving vegetarian methods on cooking a steak. I'm sure your recipe cooks a delicious steak, but when you are pitching them at a vegetarian...
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    well for starters..this belongs in the suggestion thread (mods not doing their jobs i see, we need a new mods).
    I have this thing called real life work... a lot.b:surrender Anyway, moving this to the Suggestion Box.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Anyway, moving this to the Suggestion Box.

Why bother? It will just be ignored like every other suggestion made on this forum.
  • Sawaranaide - Lost City
    Sawaranaide - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No one read what I had to say about a coin sink, but I still think it was a good idea...

Tax the Boutique. 5% of the current lowest price of gold in the Auction House. People use the boutique every day. Millions, possibly billions of coin would leave the economy every day. Current price of gold, 1.4 million coins. Would be a 70k tax per gold. You want to use 100 gold in boutique? 7 million coin tax. Can't afford it? Sell some gold in AH. Prices of gold, and coin value of items will go down, because so much coin is leaving the economy.