Can a aps barb is better at pvp then stre build barb

WingedLeer - Archosaur
WingedLeer - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Barbarian
I like aps barb but i wanna know if it gud at pvp then stre build barb also im dmeon
Post edited by WingedLeer - Archosaur on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    First you should learn about this cool new language called english, then ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    First you should learn about this cool new language called english, then ask.

If this was facebook...
    Id like that...

English is a very interesting language, slightly complicated, but im sure you will eventually get there...
    Good luck
  • AntiCreed - Lost City
    AntiCreed - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I was saying if i change to aps build will i better at pvp then vit build
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You're a barb. No matter what you do, you will suck at PVP; however, you will perform better with interval gear and high dex.
  • Karjala__ - Sanctuary
    Karjala__ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I like aps barb but i wanna know if it gud at pvp then stre build barb also im dmeon

asp barbaro roll's even being sage, however vit build might roll better for pvp
  • AntiCreed - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    So barbs suck at pvp
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    No. With equal gear compared to any DD class, barbs suck at pvp and pve.
  • AntiCreed - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    So barbs cant beat any class they just a animal with no bite
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    What can I say AntiCreed, they are simply fodder.
  • Karjala__ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Barb is exellent pvp class with good gear and skill b:avoid
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Barb is exellent pvp class with good gear and skill b:avoid

Fuzzy quote that one for truth.

Barbs that know what they are doing are an animal to be feared! b:kiss
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    Come to Lost City fuzzy and make yourself a level 100 +10 barb. Use any weapons you like. I'll take an equivalent of all other classes (except mystics and seekers because I don't have any at that level range) and I will bet that you will not win once in pvp against any of them.
  • Karjala__ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    crunchycat wrote: »
    Come to Lost City fuzzy and make yourself a level 100 +10 barb. Use any weapons you like. I'll take an equivalent of all other classes (except mystics and seekers because I don't have any at that level range) and I will bet that you will not win once in pvp against any of them.

lol b:embarrass
  • Kookaburra - Lost City
    Kookaburra - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2011

i wonder if this is the real CC because iv seen him pvp and he dominates most of his fights
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    hehe kook, i iz the one and only original harmless kitteh :3. If you want to see what I am talking about, don't watch me pvp. Watch all the other barbs pvp ;3.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited June 2011

Fuzzy is already a 101 barb with some +10 and does just fine on his home server thank you.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    Come to mine fuzzy, I promise you will enjoy it ;3
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    if the barb has skill, it can be effin pro in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've done pretty well in my duels (Not the same as PVP, I know). Magic classes are my biggest problem of course, that's our weakness. But I've beat sins regularly, at times with a 5 level deficit (Luck was involved I'm sure). Seekers and BM's, depends on the fight.

You just need your skills maxed, good gear, and to know how to fight.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    mdef users are hard for me in pvp, especially since im claw w/ la orns so that means no mdef.

clerics; all i really do is put up mdef orns cause they will usually sleep you in the beginning and spark, pop up charm of defense and try to live on their first hit. anti stun, holy path, mighty swing, spark, occult ice, clawed to death. if they expel, go tiger and play defense till my combo is ready again..
    psys; anti stun and try to stun before their voodoo is up, claw w/ IG or wahtever.. easy enough, they squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Barb is a bit outdated in PvP now that everyone has rank 9 +10 with 9001 attack levels. In the past barbs are strong because they were practically unkillable, killing one took a decent amount of time. You had to get them to 51% hp, and then unload on them with everything that you have. And that would give you maybe a 33% chance of killing him if you were equal geared.

But now, range is king. Everyone will ***** and moan about aps but these days in PvP, range is king. When you can kill someone in 2 hits effortlessly, then the most important thing is to make sure you attack them before they attack you. Damage is just so over the top and offense has moved far ahead of defense. In the past fights could last 10 minutes, now it's usually over in 20 seconds and 19 of which will be one chasing the other. Your only chance is to get into melee range and kill them, but getting into range without dying is going to take all your genie energy and apoth. BMs are good because they can keep you stun locked long enough to kill you. A barb though the random R9 archer will /l and then kite you long enough for their stunning arrow to be off cooldown, then they stun you and kill you in 2 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • jek9946
    jek9946 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Barb Sux
  • Rasgore - Harshlands
    Rasgore - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    idk wat everyone is talking abot but ive been a barb for thr past year and even thi i cant beat a r9 any class just yet cuz am not 100 yet but i can beat any r8 class sept magic but the thing is barb has some thing everyone wants and thats alot of hp if u go law barb u giving them chances to kill u and they u wine about it a vit build barb is the best barb for pvp speialy if u have demon arma go to west gateor any crowded pvp spot tree of protection all u see is sins falling out of stealth dead and others droping saying WTF just happend llol
    RasgoreThE DeStRoYer [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Anyone that says a barb sucks at pvp hasn't seen a true end game barb.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    End-game barb here saying that barbs really suck. Seriously, the are pure sh.it. The only reason to have one is because they are cute n fuzzy. But that's it.
  • PaYwil - Heavens Tear
    PaYwil - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol barbs are so underappreciated.... ( who helped level the squishy classes? pulling FF power level excluded ) yeah a well geared player with skill can kill a barb but a well geared barb with skill can kill... oh and btw i have seen bambi dominate pk...

just my 2c

Regards
    PaYwil
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Anyone that says a barb sucks at pvp hasn't seen a true end game barb.

Some end-game barbs I've seen 1 shot rank 8 wizards/psychics/sins when deaden nerves have fallen off:

Here's the thing:

It's rare to see a Barb that has put as much money in their gear as other classes, but when you do see that barb and if they are skilled then it does make them pretty dangerous. Some Zulu pk barbs when pulling cata with their rank 9 would run into base and mass armageddon whiping out 20+ players at once.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm just saying, if CC was really the endgame barb he claims to be, and not a useless troll, he would post on his barb, and not a chimei with his Core Connect blocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited June 2011
    I'm just saying, if CC was really the endgame barb he claims to be, and not a useless troll, he would post on his barb, and not a chimei with his Core Connect blocked.

Fuzzy might actually have to agree with that one.... b:avoid

But then again, its comic relief to see those who claim to have end-game characters complain about stuff from faceless accounts. Without em, there would be fewer laughs in the panda's day. ...and that just doesn't spell fun. b:chuckle
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011

I am posting on my barb. Visit me on Lost City. PM CrunchyCat.