Server needs to be replaced

JaggedLove - Sanctuary
JaggedLove - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
So why does it take 20 minutes for log in

I have 23mbs service from my provider why does it take so long
Post edited by JaggedLove - Sanctuary on

Comments

• PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There are a number of reasons it could take 20 minutes to log in, but I doubt any of them is the server, in this case.

Consider these questions...

How are away from the server you are playing? A Brazilian player will experience slower game times than a player in the United States. This is because the farther away from the server you are, the further the data has to travel to/from your computer to the server.

What else do have running on your computer? If other programs are using your Internet connection, they can slow down the transfer of data as well because only so much data can fit in the pipe at one time.

Are you running any sort of firewall/antivirus/antimalware programs? These types of programs sometimes will constantly scan your computer. This can be a problem because everything being sent and received is scanned before its allowed to pass along its information.

That's all I can think of for now. Also, I would think if its taking so long to log in, you'd also be experiencing lots of lag. But, that may depend on your actual problem.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Dreamscape_ - Sanctuary
    Dreamscape_ - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So you assume its him and that he is from out of country..couldn't possibly be pwi...that just went down the other day due to isp problems and multiple people have been complaining about slowness and connection issues lately...lol

Sent from samsung vibrant
    And oh god does my phone hate this forum lol

Though he does have valid points you should look at
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sharon1956 wrote: »
    Because PWI never fixes anything in the game to improve lag and never will. They only care about selling merch and getting dollars. As long and players like you and me keep playing they will continue to fix nothing and make new gaming features. Every time I come back to play a little I leave shaking my head. then a few months later I come back and its the same old slow ****. I keep hoping one day I will come back on one of my accounts and it be wonderful. Until then I continue to play WOW and check back on PWI for improvements that never come.

This has nothing to do with his 20 min login time lol. As much as I agree with you, his problem probably isn't on PWI's end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I stay connected for days at a time. I have yet to be disconnected from the server for anything other than a client crashing, which is happening more and more frequently.

However...

There has been ongoing natural disasters in the Eastern US, and (I have yet to confirm this) apparently some DDoS or other form of attacks on some internet routers in the Central US.

There's more to the internet than just your ISP and PWE's server.

However, I'm geographically close to the Servers and have been suffering horrid lag for the last few weeks, and it's starting to look more and more like server lag.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level