Sage Heartseeker

Options
Nudimmud - Lost City
Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Seeker
A warning to all sage seekers out there. DO NOT get heartseeker yet. It says that it increases the % chance to freeze when in actual use the percentage takes a nose dive...

It is supposed to be a 90% chance. I pvp a ton and out of over 100+ uses it hit 3 times. There is something wrong here.

This isn't just a one time test, this issue has been noticed by others also. Seeing as this is one of our best pvp skills against melee classes it needs to be fixed.
Post edited by Nudimmud - Lost City on

Comments

• So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide
    So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A warning to all sage seekers out there. DO NOT get heartseeker yet. It says that it increases the % chance to freeze when in actual use the percentage takes a nose dive...

It is supposed to be a 90% chance. I pvp a ton and out of over 100+ uses it hit 3 times. There is something wrong here.

This isn't just a one time test, this issue has been noticed by others also. Seeing as this is one of our best pvp skills against melee classes it needs to be fixed.

srsly bro, there's nothing wrong with sage heartseeker..ur having tht sorta problem cuz u prob have sage soulsever minuet on when u hit heartseeker.
    and since u can only proc 1 status effect at a time, either ur soulsever minuet procs or your heartseeker procs...
    most of the times when you have soulsever minuet on and use heartseeker, u hit the spirit bore effect instead....
    try using ur parchedable dance or northern sky waltz and try ur heartseeker. u will almost always immobalize ur enemy if u do that.

all in all, this is how i pk...first of all have soulsever minuet on..as soon as i get spirit bore effect on my enemy, switch to parchedable dance and use heartseeker, tht will immobalize 90% of the time and its been proven, cuz i pk a lot xD

so try tht next time and u'll know wat i mean
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Either way, I'll be getting the book as one of many from my sage bookclip instead of buying it individually b:pleased. I can't believe sage vortex is selling for 50 mil on my server when the clip is 30 mil b:infuriated.

Are there more who can confirm the Soulsever status proc + Heartseeker interaction? If that's the case, I'll definitely learn it for PvE, since my usual stance is Waltz, anyways. I love freezing mobs from a distance along with the perma freeze that comes with the sage Waltz and Stag Strike mix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've not heard of So Sick Er's theory there, but it is interesting to think of. However I myself have noticed a large decrease in Heartseeker proc'ing and that was when I went from level 9 to 10. It dropped, pure and simple because I've not changed how I play, the only thing that changed was going from 9 to 10. There are other threads around here stating much of the same. TBH I think all seeker skills need to be checked on, their descriptions accurately rewritten and more.

Also Blayde, 50mill for Sage Vortex? Yikes! I picked up Sage Vortex for 8mill on Sanctuary.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Either way, I'll be getting the book as one of many from my sage bookclip instead of buying it individually b:pleased. I can't believe sage vortex is selling for 50 mil on my server when the clip is 30 mil b:infuriated.

Are there more who can confirm the Soulsever status proc + Heartseeker interaction? If that's the case, I'll definitely learn it for PvE, since my usual stance is Waltz, anyways. I love freezing mobs from a distance along with the perma freeze that comes with the sage Waltz and Stag Strike mix.

vortex only comes from cube pages now they changed it without notice. b:chuckle along with edged blur too. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Glad I got mine way back when I was like lvl 70s lol
    re
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    vortex only comes from cube pages now they changed it without notice. b:chuckle along with edged blur too. b:chuckle

really? b:cry I'm only now saving up for the clip... nuuuuu b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn what else did they change?
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Really? I actually find the 90% from sage version to be exactly as it is on my seeker. Works 90% of the time in freezing targets in tw.

I highly doubt what you say is true. So I went out to test it out myself. Of the 10 consecutive hits using heartseeker, 9 out of 10 did indeed proc. I can upload that clip on youtube if you want.
  • So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide
    So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Really? I actually find the 90% from sage version to be exactly as it is on my seeker. Works 90% of the time in freezing targets in tw.

I highly doubt what you say is true. So I went out to test it out myself. Of the 10 consecutive hits using heartseeker, 9 out of 10 did indeed proc. I can upload that clip on youtube if you want.

maybe OP has soulsever minuet on when he hits heartseeker like i said..so he gets the spirit bore effect on his enemy instead of immobalize from heartseeker....i pvp a ton too and i can say with 100% confidence that sage heartseeker is indeed 90% chance to immobalize...u just gotta use it with no soulsever minuet or u can only use northern sky waltz or parchedable dance since their proc chance is very low.
  • electricdude
    electricdude Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Guys, Whats btr equipment for TW and Pk. Rank 8 seeker chest plate and leggings with TT99 wrists and boots or full rank 8? Please help me since you are experienced with Pk. b:beg
  • SwiftPrince - Heavens Tear
    SwiftPrince - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hey Guys, Whats Better for PK and TW for my Seeker. Should I go rank 8 chest plate and leggings with heavy armor TT 99 wrists and boots or Full rank 8. Please help me since you guys are experienced. :)
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Please stay on topic. I'm gonna test out this theory tonight.
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Idk but at lvl 10 it seems to only proc like 20% of the time b:embarrass
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The OP is right

Whenever i trying using two debuff at the same only one works and other doesn't. So if you try to use soulserver minuet it procs well your heatseeker and ionspike debuff wont work.
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yea it procs like 20%. ur theory must be right, i test later.

tats kinda fail, they should both work.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I ran a few tests to see if it worked out. When I used Sage Heartseeker without a stance on, it proc'd quite a bit. If I tried to use it while I had Soulsever on, it wouldnt proc. HOWEVER, if the enemy already had the Spirit Bore status on them, heartseeker proc'd almost every hit, since Soulsever had already proc'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol. never failed since last night. nice *** the buffs.
  • TwoHandedAOE - Lost City
    TwoHandedAOE - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Procs all the time for me and i have like 900 kills b:cool