Pulling/AOE practice spots?

XLaraCroftx - Heavens Tear
XLaraCroftx - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Seeker
Hey all.

Well I'm a complete noob when it comes to pulling. I've watched other people do it for years but I'm finding it a lot more difficult than it looks. It's not so bad with physical mobs but magic is a different thing. More or less I'm just trying to learn before I go running FF later on so I don't make a complete fool of myself haha. XD

So other than perhaps the pirates on Nightscream or thieves by Sanctuary, where are good places to practice AOE pulls on mobs before level 70s? I had been running around grouping up Felbone Shanks by Anglers to get the hang of mag mobs a bit better, but I was wondering if there are any other spots? I can't seem to think of any at the moment.

Or would I just be better off learning in FF once I get there? I know the magic mobs aren't as common but it's one of the harder pulls for an HA user, so I think it's something I need to learn before hand just so I know what I can and can't handle.

Thanks! b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Artwork: horus-goddess.deviantart.com

Here since October 2008 ;)
Mains: Rosangela - 95 Sage Mystic | Ellvira - 89 Demon Assassin | xLaraCroftx - Seeker - 5X
Retired: TeresaSyri - 100 Sage Cleric | Zylphia_ - 100 HA Sage Venomancer
Post edited by XLaraCroftx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    To be honest, I don't think seekers are expected to pull until the 9x when you get some decent gears and can refine/G7+ shard for HP. By that time, you should've watched the barb do it enough times to know, so I wouldn't worry about practising. If you really want, get buffed with BP at 85+ and ask a friend to help open FC for you, then just try pulling the hall into the first room (the shade room). I believe there are a few magic mobs in that pull.
  • XLaraCroftx - Heavens Tear
    XLaraCroftx - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ah you're probably right... I don't think I've ever seen a seeker do pulls prior to 90s. Hmm. Anyhow, thank you for the advice, I may have to do that. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Artwork: horus-goddess.deviantart.com

Here since October 2008 ;)
    Mains: Rosangela - 95 Sage Mystic | Ellvira - 89 Demon Assassin | xLaraCroftx - Seeker - 5X
    Retired: TeresaSyri - 100 Sage Cleric | Zylphia_ - 100 HA Sage Venomancer
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    First part of FC, start there and build a strategy. Do it solo, and even Hyper it, I leveled from 80-85ish just practiceing pull techniques.,

Pulling isnt really determined by OP gears, and insane amounts of HP, its more so a strategy than a meassure of being able to tank.
    re
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    One tip I have for magic mobs is to study their AI when the barb does the pulls. Notice that the longer the puller runs in a straight line, the more condensed the magic mob group becomes. This gives you and your group the opportunity to AoE the mobs all at once, instead of having to bounce around killing scattered mobs.

Melee mob pulling is a lot easier to get used to as the concept is like that of a magnet. Run near them and you "magnetize" them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Another place to hone your pulling finess is in Phoenix Valley.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    omg it ate my post... Conquesting Dustwraith, Level 49 (Sundown Highland-108, 568)
    Feligar Champion, Level 55 and Feligar General, Level 56 (Dragon's End-General area is 318, 596)

taken from here :)
    It's a really usefull website to check where you can aoe grind on phys mobs that is :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]