To endgame mystics

Caydon - Heavens Tear
Caydon - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Mystic
I was slammed for rolling a mystic because I was told that it doesn't do well at endgame. I'm so tired of hearing this. First was barbs, cause of APS. Now mystics. What's next?

But anyway, my real question is:

What kind of damage can a mystic deal with R8 weapon refined to +8 or so?

Are mystics capable of doing high amounts of damage, because that's what I'm looking for, really. Not as high as a wizard, but decently high?

I'm thinking of Diamond of Tigers to shard into armor and Sapphire Gems for weapon. What kind of damage can a mystic deal with those shards?
Cleric (shelved), barb (shelved), BM (shelved), mystic, veno.

Mystic or veno, mystic or veno?
Post edited by Caydon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DaichiOni - Dreamweaver
    DaichiOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Endgame mystics hit pretty decent. My friend bramble tornado hits me for 2k on my 101 wiz. So its not too bad.

She uses a +7 hh99 glaive.

Just wanted to add something though.

http://pwcalc.com/caaa27cd2a97ca66

http://pwcalc.com/be015cd921c88e9e

rank 8 for mystics is ****. Even if you get fail stats on the sword, you will deal more damage...

EDIT: switch to rank 8 ring/nirvana gear if you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caydon - Heavens Tear
    Caydon - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for your input. That is pretty awesome damage in deed (referring to your PW calc links).

I'm quite bad with weapons per se, sooo where can one forge the Tacit Link Staff? Is it a Nirvana weapon? What's the original form of the weapon?
    Cleric (shelved), barb (shelved), BM (shelved), mystic, veno.

Mystic or veno, mystic or veno?
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Tacit Link Staff is the r8 wand.

@Mizu The dmg on those are actually pretty close, r8 has slightly higher minimum, but slightly lower maximum. Granted, that sword didn't have any stats, and I do hate that mana add on the wand >.> But if you already have r8, is it really worth it to spend extra money on a sword that can have random undesirable adds more likely than it can have the really good ones?

Edit: Actually, now checking the possible adds on the sword, it seems the only bad adds it can have are +str and dex modifiers, and that can easily be turned to advantage by using a reset note to either take away those points in str and put them to mag, or add 1~2 points of dex for extra crit, which you won't even need to add extra dex if you have archangel boots or not event that with just 3 base dex xP But is it still worth the extra money? Not sure how much it would cost exactly, but how would it compare to getting the r9 wand during a medal sale?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XTheBrainx - Heavens Tear
    XTheBrainx - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    First, it's a bit premature judging a classes endgame potential when r9 isnt even out yet and tested on the field so to speak. Then again for whatever reason, mystic's never became nearly as popular on HT as they are on other servers. (Neither were psychics when they first came out if I remember correctly and look what happened there...) So I would ignore the naysayers on there. Anyways, IF pwicalc is correct (its called a nirvana robe but believed to be the r9), here are the stats of a fully geared r9 myst with craptastic refines and unsharded. The damage & atk lvl is pretty awesome :) Sure, probably not as high as a r9 wiz or psy, but when you add in summons, rapid growth, sparks, etc, its still impressive.
    Rawr
    http://pwcalc.com/5ffeea8a6e666e70
  • Exigent - Raging Tide
    Exigent - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My Mystic pure Magic Build with R8 +10 hits mobs for about 15-17k non crit on average with demon nature's vengeance, in pvp on average 2.5-5k with crits around 8-13k. I dont have matk or dot's sharded, my weap is sharded with stones of savant
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have a R8 + 7 wand with two perfect saph sharded (for the moment, gonna upgrade them) and pure mag build with 514 mag atm. I hit around 16k with sage NV (I have sage wood mastery btw), about 20k with Tornado, around 50k with NV'd absorb soul unsparked/unbuffed. In pvp it depends alot on the target's defenses. From 2k with NV to 8k on ppl my lvl.
    I'm gonna get Weeping Breeze Dance soon, can't wait to see what kind of damage I'll be doing with it, but sounds like a nice hard hitting skill.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have r8 +10 pure magic. I hit in rb on bosses 20k + with NV 120k with AS and pretty often crits of 45-50k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
    edited June 2011
    Tacit Link Staff is the r8 wand.

@Mizu The dmg on those are actually pretty close, r8 has slightly higher minimum, but slightly lower maximum. Granted, that sword didn't have any stats, and I do hate that mana add on the wand >.> But if you already have r8, is it really worth it to spend extra money on a sword that can have random undesirable adds more likely than it can have the really good ones?

Edit: Actually, now checking the possible adds on the sword, it seems the only bad adds it can have are +str and dex modifiers, and that can easily be turned to advantage by using a reset note to either take away those points in str and put them to mag, or add 1~2 points of dex for extra crit, which you won't even need to add extra dex if you have archangel boots or not event that with just 3 base dex xP But is it still worth the extra money? Not sure how much it would cost exactly, but how would it compare to getting the r9 wand during a medal sale?

Look again

Wand: 11,179-13,135
    Sword: 11,804-13,370

tbh, I would rather get the sword and just ignore rank 8 in total. I already have my hh99 sword that my wiz used before rank sale, and can probably nirvana that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have a R8 + 7 wand with two perfect saph sharded (for the moment, gonna upgrade them) and pure mag build with 514 mag atm. I hit around 16k with sage NV (I have sage wood mastery btw), about 20k with Tornado, around 50k with NV'd absorb soul unsparked/unbuffed. In pvp it depends alot on the target's defenses. From 2k with NV to 8k on ppl my lvl.
    I'm gonna get Weeping Breeze Dance soon, can't wait to see what kind of damage I'll be doing with it, but sounds like a nice hard hitting skill.

Every 100% weapon damage modifier adds approximately 12-15% more damage to your basic nuke. Weeping Breeze is 250% plus an extra 2300 damage over NV, which is roughly 260% more weapon damage. So it should do around 30-40% more damage than nature's vengeance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Look again

tbh, I would rather get the sword and just ignore rank 8 in total. I already have my hh99 sword that my wiz used before rank sale, and can probably nirvana that.

Wand costs around 100 million coins.

2nd recast Sword costs at least 400 million, or months of farming.

Heck, with the money you save by getting rank 8 wand rather than sword you could buy enough d. orbs to refine it up to like +11. So I'd still get the wand. Although best option is to just save save save and wait for R9, of course :p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Look again

When I said higher minimum, I was going off of the mystic's actual mag atk stat, but as I said in my post, that was because of the wand's add, and it'd probably be different because in the calc the sword didn't have any adds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i cant complain about my mystic. compared to my veno i deal so much more DMG, so I am happy with the DMG output. even back when I was 90, about the same amount of intel, using the same weapon, still dealt more DMG than my veno. but of course i did, venos arent meant to dish out large DMG. but since ive played a veno all my life, its nice to play something thats a little stronger.

now compared to a wizzy ... thats different xD no we cant compare to wizzys. but thats fine with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
    edited June 2011
    Wand costs around 100 million coins.

2nd recast Sword costs at least 400 million, or months of farming.

Heck, with the money you save by getting rank 8 wand rather than sword you could buy enough d. orbs to refine it up to like +11. So I'd still get the wand. Although best option is to just save save save and wait for R9, of course :p.
    100mil for a piece of **** or pay an extra 300mil for something worth it. hmm...r9 is okay, but if I remember correctly, majority of the mystics strong skills aren't affected by attack levels...
    When I said higher minimum, I was going off of the mystic's actual mag atk stat, but as I said in my post, that was because of the wand's add, and it'd probably be different because in the calc the sword didn't have any adds.

I'm going off the actual mag atk stat too unless you mean the weapon's mag atk stat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gmsx
    gmsx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    100mil for a piece of **** or pay an extra 300mil for something worth it. hmm...r9 is okay, but if I remember correctly, majority of the mystics strong skills aren't affected by attack levels...

I'm going off the actual mag atk stat too unless you mean the weapon's mag atk stat

-you say *hmm...r9 is okay* you want a GM weapon?
    -*majority of the mystics strong skills arent affected by attack levels..*
    let me write few skills that are effected by attack levels: S. Mist ,NV ,G Force,BT ,S Mistress skills/damage,Cragglord skills/damage,Devil skills/damage, Thicket , even lysing your creeper you see more damage with attack levels.
    The only skill i see the same damage is the A Soul but im not 100% sure even though i tested it so many times.
    The wand you call piece of **** you get it with 200k rep and 2 mill . i see no reason of wasting 100mill for a weapon that you are sure its not your endgame but you can + it decent and use it
    i dont know what is the best endgame weapon for mystics but i can wait until we have r9
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Only skill not affected by attack levels is absorb soul.

Thicket and pet skills only get 50% of the effect from attack levels. Not the full effect, but still half which makes rank 9 worth it considering that sage/demon spark doesn't effect thicket and pet skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited June 2011
    Only skill not affected by attack levels is absorb soul.

Thicket and pet skills only get 50% of the effect from attack levels. Not the full effect, but still half which makes rank 9 worth it considering that sage/demon spark doesn't effect thicket and pet skills.

Ok, I remember hearing that pets and plants aren't affected my attack levels which makes r9 an okay deal.

I'll still go the nirvana route nevertheless...even though the r9 wand has sexy adds :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What you hear isn't always true.

Besides, you have a mystic, so if you have a jones blessing you could have tested it out yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited June 2011
    What you hear isn't always true.

Besides, you have a mystic, so if you have a jones blessing you could have tested it out yourself.

I was planning on doing it at a later time, finals isn't exactly the best time to test things extensively ingame XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    100mil for a piece of **** or pay an extra 300mil for something worth it.
    ]

I lol'd in real life about this.

At 1m per gold it R8 is 72m... and it's not that the weapon itself costs you that, you get the r7 pants which have nice pdef, the r8 chest/ring (-12% chann for both) and the r8 weapon which is 2 sockets, -6% chann and g14 already for only 2m. It's not a "piece of ****" lol,

considering it's attack matches the 400m weapon that can come with useless modifiers and for wich you need lot of time for farming... it's actually a pretty good deal.

I bet you also believe that Love: Up and Down is better than the 45 mag tome for Mystics, am I right?

Check this calcs again... both weapons at +12

http://pwcalc.com/3868f28efbf52d20

http://pwcalc.com/b7cd6c5c9fef23c3

Definitely yes, the attack difference is so high that it's worth the extra 300m, proving that r8 is, as you say, a piece of **** b:cute

</sarcasm>
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    I lol'd in real life about this.

At 1m per gold it R8 is 72m... and it's not that the weapon itself costs you that, you get the r7 pants which have nice pdef, the r8 chest/ring (-12% chann for both) and the r8 weapon which is 2 sockets, -6% chann and g14 already for only 2m. It's not a "piece of ****" lol,

considering it's attack matches the 400m weapon that can come with useless modifiers and for wich you need lot of time for farming... it's actually a pretty good deal.

I bet you also believe that Love: Up and Down is better than the 45 mag tome for Mystics, am I right?

Check this calcs again... both weapons at +12

http://pwcalc.com/3868f28efbf52d20

http://pwcalc.com/b7cd6c5c9fef23c3

Definitely yes, the attack difference is so high that it's worth the extra 300m, proving that r8 is, as you say, a piece of **** b:cute

</sarcasm>

lol also, change the tome on the r8 calc to the +45 mag one, which I am sure costs less than 300mil, and the mag atk becomes even more comparable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]