Why so much relying on high lvls?

VelvetKiller - Lost City
VelvetKiller - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I think it's pretty normal and it always was that FB 19 is being done with help of some high level dude. But why the hell when I LF people for FB 29 I only get messages from 80s, 90s and when I say I'm looking for ~30 people, they laugh? Come on, do people really do their FBs only with high level people and not in traditional Barb + Cleric + 4 DDs? b:surrender
Post edited by VelvetKiller - Lost City on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think it's pretty normal and it always was that FB 19 is being done with help of some high level dude. But why the hell when I LF people for FB 29 I only get messages from 80s, 90s and when I say I'm looking for ~30 people, they laugh? Come on, do people really do their FBs only with high level people and not in traditional Barb + Cleric + 4 DDs? b:surrender

no, it was not always normal that FBs are done with high-level help. 19 can be done with a squad of nobody much higher than 30 or so; some folks still play who got theirs done that way, back when there were no much higher-level players than that. it annoys me that nobody seems to want to run such FBs at-level any longer; i'd love to be part of such a squad.

...why, you ask? because everybody's gone too lazy to spend an hour or two just playing the game in those low-level dungeons. they want their FBs done in ten minutes flat with no risk. i don't really understand that mindset, me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2011
  • Velwine - Heavens Tear
    Velwine - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Back then it was not entirely uncommon for the first couple to be run with the help of a higher level...But it was run normally much more often than they are today.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've not found a FB that can't be done by an at level squad - but good luck finding 5 other lvl 19 characters willing to take the time to actually fo a fb19.

People are lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Some more discussion on the subject:

FB 19 without high lvls?

The FB Stops Here
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I lmao everytime i see WCs like this: "LF lvl 80+ barb for BH51".
    Really, cant people do anything anymore with just a normal party in the level range of the instance? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    T_T *sighs* Back when I started playing, lvl95+ people were so rare, and there were always so many people around your lvl. Higher lvls would hang out around the FB spots to help out lowbies that were having trouble.

Now that I've restarted, after flying around Plume for half an hour, I finally just went to West Archo to ask for my fb19. For some people, its laziness. For others, there's just no one else around your lvl when you want to go. <_< I'll be asking for my fbs around head hunter for a while, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nobody is that level anymore besides alts.

I think that this totally depends on which server you are on.

For example: I imagine bamboo village on Lost City to be a ghost town. But I expect something different from Dreamweaver... (Dreamweaver has some romance in its name, which I imagine would attract new players.)
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    T_T *sighs* Back when I started playing, lvl95+ people were so rare, and there were always so many people around your lvl. Higher lvls would hang out around the FB spots to help out lowbies that were having trouble.

Now that I've restarted, after flying around Plume for half an hour, I finally just went to West Archo to ask for my fb19. For some people, its laziness. For others, there's just no one else around your lvl when you want to go. <_< I'll be asking for my fbs around head hunter for a while, I guess.

omg i remember seeing that at human fb19 lol used to always be people there hanging out killing the golems asking for fbs XD the good old days ;-; back when oracles was considered plvling lmfao xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I'll do your low FBs for you if you want :o
    We are on the same server am I right?

But on topic, I have been rejected from low FBs (fb39,51,59) in my 90s and high 80s.
    Once, 6 times within 2 days. I Pm'd them like lightning for a spot but got no response D:

Either there were a bunch of really bored 10xs who PM'd lightning fast, or a 90 archer wasn't good enough x.x

Recently, for fun a group of friends and I tried doing an fb19 with all level 19 chars, we got lazy and brought in some of our mains >.>
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nobody is that level anymore besides alts.

Quoted for the truth....
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well another point is most likely that a lot of people from around lvl 30 won't even bother pm'ing because they know a lot of lvl 80's and 90's will be right on it.
    I personally love helping out with fb's on my veno and nowadays too on my seeker for the fun/exp/reputation you get from it. b:surrender
    And yeh.. I don't look for a squad of my own lvl for fb's. Actually I don't look for a squad at all but ask some friends to come along...
    Overkill on my fb59... lvl 100 sin and veno, lvl 90 veno, lvl 80 mystic and lil me... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah it's hard to get people for lower FBs. I remember doing mine at level 26 or something after trying 5 times (and failing) since level 20. I tried it solo, every level right after leveling up, with my trusted wolf from the pet quest. Needless to say it was an absolute disaster.

From 39 onwards, I just join some BH squad telling the leader that I have tabs if the squad is okay with it. So far unless they're tank or cleric short, I get my FBs done.
  • LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver
    LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Before the Tideborn expansion come out, there we many Fbs with low lvs and the game was fun. Now the game is barely alive with any new players but mostly cashers and noobs no offence but it just kills the game.....
    Death Is Our Father. Death Is Our God. Death Had 12 Children. They Are Know As The True Death Gods. They bear children. If Each Death God Has More Than A Child, One Shall Live To Be The Reaper, All Shall Die. 1 Father. 12 Death Gods. 12 Reapers. We Are The Family Of Death. We Reap We Reap What We Sow. We Watch Over Those That Are About To Die. We Feast Upon The Evil Souls, And Bless The Peaceful Souls. By Day We Act As Humans. By Night We Hunt For Souls. My Name Is LunarCainEX. I Am The 2nd Reaper Of The 2nd Death God. Death Is My God. I Am The Moon With A Cursed Legacy. Let This Be Know, That Death Is My Only God, My Only Father, My Only Purpose To Live, And To Die If He Wished Me To.
  • fred12121
    fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    before my post here is my definition of ''noob'' to this topic:

ppl who need high lvls to do easiest stuff are noobs without any talent in team play and this results in making high lvl noobs

answer:
    they rely on high lvls because they are noobs
  • jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    because everybody's gone too lazy to spend an hour or two just playing the game in those low-level dungeons. they want their FBs done in ten minutes flat with no risk. i don't really understand that mindset, me.

b:sad no one wants to play the game anymore.. they all want plvling, faster FCC possible, high lvls running through BH's
    I dont see the point either.. where is the fun in a run where you dont get to do anything cause it goes too fast?
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I can barely understand why anyone bothers to play this game anymore. 90% or more of the people I come in contact with only want to play through at the fastest speed possible. I geuss nobody has the time to actually play anymore.
    It is not just fbs,bhs I see it in fc too. Heck these days people would rather just buy it or so wc implies. I have the money to buy anything in the game I desire besides a warsoul weapon, but without anything in game that isnt buyable with real money im not sure why I should buy anything at all....and lets not tell lies-I have spent atleast 3-4 thousand dollars in pursuit of being good enough for squads only to find I really dont need them anymore.
    Game is for sure not as fun as it use to be when squads were more evenly geared an actually took thier time to work as a team. This isn't an offline ps3/xbox game.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Closed for double necro. all the way. across the sky.
This discussion has been closed.