Are any regular quest for 90+ worth to do them?

Options
HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Question^
Post edited by HardnHeavy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Why wouldn't they be worth doing....

Fuzzy does cube, 3xbh, OHT daily, grab the nirvana keys, some pk, some randomness, WB's etc etc etc... What else do you do all day with your time in game? There is always 20 minutes here and there to clear out a quest or two. b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Those are dailies, not the regular quests.

He's talking about normal quests like "The Punishment" or the like.

IMO, they're a good way to kill boredom if you feel like it but overall it's not worth it.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It depends on your own preference if they're "worth" doing... I personally do every quest I can on my veno... But then again I enjoy getting send out again to kill 90+ mobs for about 0.5% expb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, they are good when there is really nothing else to do.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    IMO high lvl quests (above 70) are broken, they should give more experience/items to make them worthwhile.
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not worth it if you want exp lol. Its only worth if if you're really bored. At least the quests around Snowy Village and Avalanche Canyon are ok to do. The mobs are grouped up, dies fast and drops a decent amount of DQ.

Most 95+ quests in Lothranis and Momaganon sucks though. You can do the straight on kill 55-60 mob ones while digging herbs and special mats i guess.

But loads of 95+ quests are really lame, its more divided into small parts of killing 2-3 mobs and talking to spread out NPCs, leave Lothranis and kill 2-3 mobs in the freaking Desert, find more NPCs, go back to Lothranis and kill a boss etc and it goes on for hours and the exp isn't even noticeable when you finally finish. You cant auto path in there either, which makes it even more annoying. I gave up most quests in Momaganon and Lothranis halfway.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm not certain if you would classify them as "normal", but at level 95, you get two Challenge Quests that are class-dependent:

Blademaster - Drake's Will, Tiger's Will
    Barbarian - Drake's Mind, Tiger's Mind
    Archer - Drake's Heart, Tiger's Heart
    Wizard - Drake's Wit, Tiger's Wit
    Cleric - Drake's Wit, Tiger's Wit
    Venomancer - Drake's Wit, Tiger's Wit
    Psychic - N/A.
    Assassin - N/A.
    Seeker - N/A.
    Mystic - N/A.

It's a bit convoluted and involves acquiring Demonol and Purgatol docs, but the Lunar Helm reward for the BM / Barb Drake quest is fairly good. It is almost as good as Warsoul of Earth; for those of us who are not hardcore players, it is really nice. The quest is not that hard, just get the 7 Purgatol Docs (look in Auction House), kill the 7 bosses in Seat of Torment, and then pick the helm reward.

Okay, after thinking about it some more, I guess this is pretty far from a "regular" quest. However, it's not cultivation and not a daily, so maybe it somewhat answers your question.
  • fred12121
    fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sorry for this post
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I still think it is good to do the quests. This is simply because for me, if all I do are dailies everyday, I'm not going to be entertained at all because it's just the same thing over and over. I need a break with quests sometimes. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm not certain if you would classify them as "normal", but at level 95, you get two Challenge Quests that are class-dependent:

Psychic - N/A.
    Assassin - N/A.
    Seeker - N/A.
    Mystic - N/A.

It's a bit convoluted and involves acquiring Demonol and Purgatol docs, but the Lunar Helm reward for the BM / Barb Drake quest is fairly good. It is almost as good as Warsoul of Earth; for those of us who are not hardcore players, it is really nice. The quest is not that hard, just get the 7 Purgatol Docs (look in Auction House), kill the 7 bosses in Seat of Torment, and then pick the helm reward.

Okay, after thinking about it some more, I guess this is pretty far from a "regular" quest. However, it's not cultivation and not a daily, so maybe it somewhat answers your question.

Oo; I'm tempted to do that quest on my veno just because the wpn is called heavenly waterfall... though my lil' waterfal is a demonb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clressill - Dreamweaver
    Clressill - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    in my opinion there is no point to doing quests at lvl90+ since all you get is some coins little spirit/exp
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Psychic - N/A.
    Assassin - N/A.
    Seeker - N/A.
    Mystic - N/A.

Its not so much a quest that involves killing anything, the challenge is spending months trying to find the right documents. You will be 101 before you have 7 Docs for at least one of the quests <_< The docs only drops from level 90+ mobs and not many players grinds these days, making it even harder to find the rare ones. I guess if you start buying up docs at level 1 you might have enough at 95 lol.

But i have done it a few times after years of buying docs when ever i see cheap ones in AH and shops, got the Lunar Helm, Dustless Neck and Purgatol Belt so far. For casual players that cant afford event stuff or if you like me just want cheap gear for alts or something to re-sell, its a nice option.

The actual gear is not much better than TT90 and the weapons are kinda lame to. Its only the Helm, Arcane Headgear, Necks and Belts that might be worth getting. Of course Map 4 belt is better and also free, Warsoul Helm is way better and only costs around 10-15 mil more and most classes uses 0.05% hp neck or TT99 for interval. You can even find 2-3 Star OHT stuff thats way better than Demo/Purga Rewards b:cold
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Especially when lvl 95 mobs drop average 300 coins... Seriously at elast this could be better.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Its not so much a quest that involves killing anything, the challenge is spending months trying to find the right documents. You will be 101 before you have 7 Docs for at least one of the quests <_< The docs only drops from level 90+ mobs and not many players grinds these days, making it even harder to find the rare ones. I guess if you start buying up docs at level 1 you might have enough at 95 lol.

Yeah, it requires checking the AH every day for about a month until you get all 7 docs. One of my faction members did that and managed to get all 7 docs for under 4m. I did it and get all 7 docs under 5m, though I did get one for free from a guildmate. It doesn't take too long.

(I also did it once in 2009 between levels 90 and 95 because I thought I would not be able to get Heaven Shatterer.)

20m may not seem like much to those of us who know how to merchant, but to the casual player, there's a significant difference between 5m and 20m.

Anyways, I was just trying give an example of a quest "worth doing" at 90+. It may not be worth it to the opening poster or you individually, but I think there are some who are willing to try it out.