R9/R8/TT99/Nirvana EG gear

Typhyse - Sanctuary
Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Assassin
Some of you may remember my post here some months ago asking about the validity of this pathetic EG gearing that sucked balls so hard, even the g*y community went "OMG WTF?"
Well, I'm here with another attempt at making a viable, unique, non-5apd end game gear set.
Here's my latest thoughts...
As you can see, I'd have atk and def level bonuses from r9 and Nirvana sets, 2.5 base aps, yet heavy DPH r9 daggers to compensate, 37% crit rate, 6.3k HP (which can be way higher. I just like to be stingy when calculating shards/refines), and just shy of 4k phys and mag def.
Anyone care to comment on this and give your opinions?

To any of you who will give me the "5.0 or gtfo noob," you can go RP a lemming right now.

Edit: F*ck it...nvm... those will cost me 4x what I originally thought. I had no idea THAT many GSTs were needed b:shocked
Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
~Spazz~
Post edited by Typhyse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    *Shameless bump*
    I'd still like your opinions though :O
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah.. R9 weap GST requirement cost more than the medals themselves b:cold
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I dunno, looks fine IMO as long as you enjoy it I couldn't give a rats *** about your APS.

I haven't been on in some time but Sneaky last I checked was at 2.5/3.33 and still face rolled in Nirvana. This is back when we had PD cancel though so I could keep the same dmg up and still play better. You'd be amazed at the things that will get you into a squad aside from aps, like spark blocking queen every time and making the running ppl feel like **** or soloing the old man w/o a charm bc every one else is dead... (just nirv wise though since that's where the aps issue primarily is)

Just continue having fun, there isn't much in this game left to do so I'd just do it as you like and have a good time instead of being a people pleaser. If you want some lul's here's the last build I had set up for sneak just so I could get some shts and giggles as well as a more unique approach to solely pissing off bm's because I dislike fist fails.

http://pwcalc.com/8922127c7bb9b993 <- lol guess I must've made it to be my last gear set bc that's some high refining for someone stingy like me. (the only reason I adjusted the weapon was to be able to steal WB's from GoldDiggerz(faction)Used to be 10% hp proc first stage lunar bc I'm a cheap *** for pots/repairs)

But yea, have fun like you have been, any set up you want can be made viable as long as you are having a good time and not trying to make the guy screaming "5APSorGTFO" in WC happy.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Not going to really blah blah blah at you about aps. 3.33 is great for a sin and permasparked, less than that I would suggest you increase it for safety reasons. Its also very decent if you are doing it for survivability or to build dph. Heck, dph in pvp might be more useful in some situations.

Anyways, thoughts about your gear:

You went with 4 pieces of TT Nirvana. At 5 you'd get a defense level set bonus, but you don't have a piece to sacrifice for it.

Lunar has a higher base defense than TT, even when TT has its 4% bonus increase Lunar still gives more defense. Since Sins get 13 hp per vit point the +10 vitality in TT Nirvana gear is less than the straight +180 hp that lunar gives. So Lunar gives you more hp and more defense. Lastly, TT Nirvana has two variable 6-10 dex and 6-10 vit, making it extremely difficult to get perfect gear with max stats (1:25 odds if curios). Lunar only has one variable stat of dex 6-10 (1:5 chance of getting perfect). Oh, and its tradable if you ever go rank 9 or want to pursue more aps.

Then I'm confused by your choice of boots and wrists. Boots are rank 9 and your only other piece of rank gear (aiming for def levels of 2 piece rank 9?) and wrists are TT but not aiming for 5 piece set bonus of Nirvana. I tried working things around to get you both TT vana and Lunar vana set bonus and still keep 2 pieces TT99 HA ornies for that bonus and still keep 2 pieces rank 9 for that bonus but just not enough gear slots. You could ditch the 10 defense levels for 5 attack levels by switching your boots to TT vana but meh. Its a weird setup.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Not going to really blah blah blah at you about aps. 3.33 is great for a sin and permasparked, less than that I would suggest you increase it for safety reasons. Its also very decent if you are doing it for survivability or to build dph. Heck, dph in pvp might be more useful in some situations.

Anyways, thoughts about your gear:

You went with 4 pieces of TT Nirvana. At 5 you'd get a defense level set bonus, but you don't have a piece to sacrifice for it.

Lunar has a higher base defense than TT, even when TT has its 4% bonus increase Lunar still gives more defense. Since Sins get 13 hp per vit point the +10 vitality in TT Nirvana gear is less than the straight +180 hp that lunar gives. So Lunar gives you more hp and more defense. Lastly, TT Nirvana has two variable 6-10 dex and 6-10 vit, making it extremely difficult to get perfect gear with max stats (1:25 odds if curios). Lunar only has one variable stat of dex 6-10 (1:5 chance of getting perfect). Oh, and its tradable if you ever go rank 9 or want to pursue more aps.

Then I'm confused by your choice of boots and wrists. Boots are rank 9 and your only other piece of rank gear (aiming for def levels of 2 piece rank 9?) and wrists are TT but not aiming for 5 piece set bonus of Nirvana. I tried working things around to get you both TT vana and Lunar vana set bonus and still keep 2 pieces TT99 HA ornies for that bonus and still keep 2 pieces rank 9 for that bonus but just not enough gear slots. You could ditch the 10 defense levels for 5 attack levels by switching your boots to TT vana but meh. Its a weird setup.

1. He went with 3 pieces of TT from what I see on the 3.33 build
    2. TT Nirvana doesn't have 2 variable stats it's only dex
    4. If keeping sockets, lunar cost much more to socket due to being G13 instead of G12
    5. You can't replace -int gear with r9 gear, you will need both for different situations

I'd have to say to drop the r9 boots make the bracers/boots lunar nirv so you get another +5 atk levels. That build aside I still prefer mine over just about any other.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you can afford r9 gear you can afford to have back up int gear as well. 4.0 > 3.33 in pve regardless of what anyone claims. Your build is more useful for pvp. I'd recommend getting r 9 belt and cube neck tho, lionhearts are kind of lame as you don't get any hp bonus and your mdef will suck

I'd also switch out the r8 ring for either a cv ring or coa ring (refines for mdef). With all the r9s running around now you will get oneshot by a wizard's gush if you have 4k mdef.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    If you can afford r9 gear you can afford to have back up int gear as well. 4.0 > 3.33 in pve regardless of what anyone claims. Your build is more useful for pvp. I'd recommend getting r 9 belt and cube neck tho, lionhearts are kind of lame as you don't get any hp bonus and your mdef will suck

I'd also switch out the r8 ring for either a cv ring or coa ring (refines for mdef). With all the r9s running around now you will get oneshot by a wizard's gush if you have 4k mdef.
    Yeah the R9 I thought would cost me about the same as what I was originally planning, but that was before I found about the GSTs...

Thanks for all the tips guys b:victory
    ~Spazz~