Help, new cleric

sirjj1050
sirjj1050 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Cleric
I want to be a cleric but googled and saw this thread from a while back.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=74372

Do you still have to pay a lot of money ? What has change according to that thread present.
Post edited by sirjj1050 on

Comments

• AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You don't have to put in a lot of money for decent gear low-mid level. Use quest gears up to level 60 and these special gears called Twilight Temple gears after that. (completely farmable.) putting in real money helps, but it definitely isn't a necessity if you have a lot of time to farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You don't have to put in a lot of money for decent gear low-mid level. Use quest gears up to level 60 and these special gears called Twilight Temple gears after that. (completely farmable.) putting in real money helps, but it definitely isn't a necessity if you have a lot of time to farm.

ya..good luck on finding a squad for TT nowadays.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
    edited June 2011
    ya..good luck on finding a squad for TT nowadays.

Idk what kind of faction you're in, but my faction has members who run TT daily, tyvm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Idk what kind of faction you're in, but my faction has members who run TT daily, tyvm.

May ask for the lvl req of your faction. On Dreamweaver every high lvl with decent gear is in a high lvl faction. They run TTs but NOT for low levels, cause there are none.
    Every other low level is in a noob faction, which hardly have any members or even help to support eachother. A lvl60 new player who wants a TT60 wepon? Farmed? ya..how high are the chances you get into a squad and get a drop even?

Every low level that gets his TT60 nowadays at lvl60 has a high lvl main to solo the TT.
    Every NEW low level that gets his TT60 nowadays at lvl60 is a cashshopper and that for a reason. Cause noone runs low level TTs nowdays anymore.

You are welcome.

Btw i m in a faction of lvl req 80+, like i would waste my time doing free TTs for low levels, if they have factions like yours appearently.
    edited June 2011
    May ask for the lvl req of your faction. On Dreamweaver every high lvl with decent gear is in a high lvl faction. They run TTs but NOT for low levels, cause there are none.
    Every other low level is in a noob faction, which hardly have any members or even help to support eachother. A lvl60 new player who wants a TT60 wepon? Farmed? ya..how high are the chances you get into a squad and get a drop even?

Every low level that gets his TT60 nowadays at lvl60 has a high lvl main to solo the TT.
    Every NEW low level that gets his TT60 nowadays at lvl60 is a cashshopper and that for a reason. Cause noone runs low level TTs nowdays anymore.

You are welcome.

Btw i m in a faction of lvl req 80+, like i would waste my time doing free TTs for low levels, if they have factions like yours appearently.

I farmed my TT60 weapon when I was level 60, and most of my TT70 gear. (Didn't go full TT70).

My faction is closed for recruitment, but in my previous factions there were level 6xs and 7xs running TT.

I've also seen many TT1-x or 2-x squads LF members on WC; more so for a Cleric. It's usually the TT3-x runs that don't get announced on WC, thanks to faction runs.

About drops; Clerics get 2nd pick in a decent banked run, so the chances that he will get the mats that he needs are higher than anything else. (Besides tanks of course.)

Idk how things work in Dreamweaver, but on RT my alts are in factions that actually do low leveled instances amongst the low levels (BH, TT, and now PV).

Quit trying to be so negative just because you were never able to find a squad for TT. I was able to, and I know many others who farmed all of their gear.

(Although, I must admit, from what I've seen, I wouldn't want to do any TT runs (or any run in general) with you either. <3)

Side point: Being a Cleric gives you a step ahead of the DDs in TT. If you're betching about not getting runs as a Cleric, what more of a DD? Fuel for thought before you try trolling again. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Quit trying to be so negative just because you were never able to find a squad for TT. I was able to, and I know many others who farmed all of their gear.

(Although, I must admit, from what I've seen, I wouldn't want to do any TT runs (or any run in general) with you either. <3)

Side point: Being a Cleric gives you a step ahead of the DDs in TT. If you're betching about not getting runs as a Cleric, what more of a DD? Fuel for thought before you try trolling again. <3

says the troll.

i never said i m not able to find TT squads, basicly cause i have my aps barb and we solo up to 3-2.

I wouldnt ask another cleric for help either cause i can solo up to 2-2 with my Veno even.
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    Zvyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ooook! Yes, in decent banked squads you will get second pick of any of the mats that dropped for that run. I'm sure that whichever server you are on that WC will be fairly active with different choices of TTs you can run. I often see calls for the lower leveled TT instances on my own server. The higher leveled instances (3-1 -> 3-3) are run between friends and factions.

Then again it all kind of depends on how the squad is set up. A year ago the subber got first pick, tank, cleric, and then DDs. I guess it depends on the group. Before ever running the instance you need to ask what the pick order will be and who is going to be the main tank. It's so frustrating being a cleric in squads now because people bounce agro too much. TT often leaves little room for error.
    edited June 2011
    says the troll.

i never said i m not able to find TT squads, basicly cause i have my aps barb and we solo up to 3-2.

I wouldnt ask another cleric for help either cause i can solo up to 2-2 with my Veno even.

b:shocked being called a troll by a troll might be the funniest thing I've heard today. b:chuckle

Maybe you should go solo your TTs with your roflbarb and your veno (didn't know 2-2 was hard tbh) and stop trying to put newbies down. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    slayer1o1 wrote: »
    hate to break it to ya, but ur gana pay a ****load (in rl money) to go full healing. some guy put out a post and at the higher levels it will cost like $250(yes two hundered and fifty) a month. and thats only to grind for like 3 hours a day.

This post was made only about a month or two after PWI came out? When it didn't take month to get to 100, and you actually had to work for it? Maybe he was talking about someone from a different version but that still hasn't changed the fact that this was posted a long time ago. Many things have changed since, but I'm not really sure why it would cost $250 a month just to heal or "grind for like 3 hours a day." I can't really tell you what changed to make that not happen since I'm not even sure why it would be so expensive... Grinding is something that you do to make PROFIT, not something you pay to do, it's not fun enough to pay for. I've never heard that before from anyone and it sounds really crazy. I think you should just disregard that thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This ^ from 1~70 you can rely on quest awards and auction house gear (3 stars ) it's very cheap and affordable if you do your quests and sell the random DQ drops you get, you could be sacrificing money for skills but oh well you gotta be well geared. For the TT60 weapon you can farm it which is pretty easy, either find/form TT squad or buy the mats, personally I bought the mats since I'm lazy lol. TT70 armor and weapon are also easily farmed especially if there is x2 drops, you can choose not to go full TT70 if you have a 3 star item with nice stats on it but TT70 armor serves up till 90 imo, 80~90 goes very quickly if you do FC, you won't be given much quests to farm and BH gives little exp so you have 70~90 period to farm coins for your TT90 or simply do TT at 90 to farm your gear.
    Also don't waste your money on charms, you get a few free charms from supply stash and treasure quests, they're enough. Learn to play charmless cuz imo they are a waste unless you wanna do territory war.
  • Auralina - Sanctuary
    Auralina - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I agree just disregard that old post. Gear is the most expensive thing for most people I think (unless maybe you're a fashion junkie lol), but needing or wanting more expensive gear is not unique to choosing the cleric class. Just choose what class sounds most interesting to you, you'll probably end up trying out different classes anyway if you like the game in the end. It's fun to try a variety of classes and it's a great way to learn the game and the different skills/roles. Whether you pay money in the game is a whole different question than choosing which class to play, and you can find many many posts related to this topic lol.

*Goes back to trying to sell fashion to buy gear. Damnit, one pair of shoes per character from now on, I promise. Wait wait ok two for cleric, but that's an exception cuz of that awesome matching outfit that's great for weddings....*
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I live in a poor country and only spent 20 dollars on this game so far because I simply can't afford more. Yet I slowly saved up for R8 and enough shards / refines to have 6k HP unbuffed on my Cleric and I can 2-3 hit (non-instance) mobs at my lvl. I have a job and life and I play 2-5 hours a day, not 10+ like some of my friends...

If you are patient, you can save up for anything. Don't power lvl and become lvl 100 in a week. Take your time to farm TT. I also do lotsa TT runs with my faction, they are all poor people from my country so we are not cash shoppers, yet we are doing fine and having fun. Not to mention Nirvana after 100, another nice way to get extra coins.

Play smart and be patient, MMOs are not 1-day games, you need time to get nice stuff. Play for fun, not for power. Don't rush to max lvl, take your time to farm. These are my only advices. I hope this helps, sorry for my bad English. :)