No more cancelling channel: a poll & an opinion

12346»

Comments

• Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why do they only fix glitches and exploits that the player base can benefit from Q_Q

If they actually fixed something that only causes annoyance, like Magic Shell, i would be really surprised.

They did the right thing tho, no one enjoys having sins popping out from stealth double sparked with 80-90% crit rate.

Not so sure if it was fair towards the BMs, probably not. Using CC on Cyclone to get 5.0 no genie was pretty harmless and one of the few reasons we still had sage BMs running around. Canceling DDB for fire buffs or GS for crit was not really game breaking in PvP either. BMs are already gimped endgame after R9 so CC gave at least the more skilled ones a chance to achieve a bit of balance.

But you cant balance a game based on exploits i guess, specially an exploit that benefits those with high gaming skills and reflexes. Majority of players where always to bad/clueless/lazy to CC in the first place lol. I doubt the BM class will be compensated for this tho.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'd say the player base benefits a lot from having sins no longer able to glitch power dash while still in stealth...

Any sin nerf is a huge step in the right direction. Let's hope it doesn't stop with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I dont know why people keep saying BM gimped by r9. I know a few BM going full r9 and then using their int for farming. I think it is just one more QQ false tactic.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Even without DBB, g13 claws still yield higher unsparked DPS than R9 bow...I compare the two because archers are also reliant on physical auto attacks during most of the fighting.

I know it's easier for archers because they can attack while the opponent is moving, have more chances to attack, and are not nearly as chi-reliant etc etc, but in terms of damage output, if a BM can't kill someone during a full stun lock like people claim, clawing all the way, I don't think any non-sin can.

Below are the DPS calculations and the builds I used:

http://pwcalc.com/0a5d3adff526071a

[(15265 + 20669)/2 + ( (2457 + 3534)/2 + 75*2 )*0.5] * 0.87 * 1.37 * 1.98

=

Note: Blazing does not take into account rings because Blazing doesn't add damage from rings.

http://pwcalc.com/2dad105e5eff5376

(8681 + 9586)/2*1.21*2.86*1.48

=

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    BM can't kill someone during a full stun lock like people claim, clawing all the way, I don't think any non-sin can.

Can't kill as fast as before. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Below are the DPS calculations and the builds I used:

http://pwcalc.com/0a5d3adff526071a

[(15265 + 20669)/2 + ( (2457 + 3534)/2 + 75*2 )*0.5] * 0.87 * 1.37 * 1.98

=

Note: Blazing does not take into account rings because Blazing doesn't add damage from rings.

http://pwcalc.com/2dad105e5eff5376

(8681 + 9586)/2*1.21*2.86*1.48

=

If you do Demon Quickshot, the attack speed would increase to 1.25

[(15265 + 20669)/2 + ( (2457 + 3534)/2 + 75*2 )*0.5] * 1.25 * 1.37 * 1.98
    =

Where as demon Cyclone heel would only make the attack speed 3.33
    (8681 + 9586)/2*1.21*3.33*1.48
    = 54466.39

That is on a pure dps basis, but your also neglecting a variety of factors that can occur in pvp. While a BM must go through someone's charm, Archers and Arcane classes can bypass a target's charm by getting the target's hp close to 51% and then doing their hardest hit. Archers can adjust between physical and magical attack depending on their target's defenses, while Arcane classes have many damage modifiers on their skills. What does that leave BMs? Drake Bash and Cyclone Heel, especially when most people stack Pdef more than Mdef end game.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah.. because stating why having CCing removed hurts BMs and backing it up with facts makes me condescending right? You know.. because telling people to shutup and deal with a nerf that unbalances them in PvP at end game and talking out of your *** without any valid point to back your claims up is just soooooooo good right?

Petal's just butthurt about high APS being in game, probably forgot what the subject was about and decided to bring it up even though that's not what we're talking about.

Bms are majorly nerfed lol....It's way easier for classes to kite them. Zanyru has a point and we did some pk tests. It took his BM tons of time to kill my barb because of one thing, stun. When he triple spark I'd simply kite the times he didn't occult ice or stun me. Bms have way less potential in 1 v 1 now.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You're right and I forgot about Demon Quickshot, but we're still comparing g13 claws with g16 bow which comes with extra 30 attack levels...I just wrote the post to show how much damage claw users can output already.

What if R9 fists become available with -0.1 int and a nice proc as well? BMs are gimped in damage partially because their R9 set sucks.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What if R9 fists become available with -0.1 int and a nice proc as well? BMs are gimped in damage partially because their R9 set sucks.

That is was huge if, which i somehow doubt will happen. Yes BM R9 completely sucks (axes are pretty badass but that's all).
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know how are the PW-CN players responding to this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Hidan_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Hidan_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know how are the PW-CN players responding to this?

I can't confirm but I heard they don't have hundreds of r9's running around like us so it doesn't nerf BM's as much there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm a PvE Sin and everything still works fine here... So what exactly is nerfed? If it's just something used in PvP then I guess it's a good thing they fixed it seeing how many ppl complained about the OPness... Mom has a BM and also hasn't noticed any diffirence on it in PvE so... b:question

@Hidan: Yeah asian players actualy PLAY a game and don't have to rely on OP armor...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm a PvE Sin and everything still works fine here... So what exactly is nerfed? If it's just something used in PvP then I guess it's a good thing they fixed it seeing how many ppl complained about the OPness... Mom has a BM and also hasn't noticed any diffirence on it in PvE so... b:question

@Hidan: Yeah asian players actualy PLAY a game and don't have to rely on OP armor...

It's used for pvp and pve, if you didn't know about it you won't miss it, you would've learnt soon enough and it would've made a nice difference to your dd. oh well.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's used for pvp and pve, if you didn't know about it you won't miss it, you would've learnt soon enough and it would've made a nice difference to your dd. oh well.

"Ur a nabsht fr not glitching lik pr0 pplsz".

Exploit is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! IF you used it you sucked <3
  • neojin777
    neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    this "fix" killed bm, long live pservers ijs. pw died r.i.p.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hello fellow gamers.

This afternoon when I logged for another enjoyable session of gaming, I had a rather rude surprise: no longer was I able to cancel power dash to get extra crit rate. This was not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes, nor in the notes provided by the GM on the server maintenance thread.

I'm not sure about other assassins out there, but this was an incredibly huge blow to me. This technique required good timing and skill. With my expert use of this glitching, I have on occasion won the weekly Tiger Event with a mere +10 weapon, a feat some have wondered at: glitching was part of the answer. Without power dash glitch, my aoe damage has plummeted, needless to say. Thanks developers, you just made assassins even less useful in TW.

But then when I was feeling all morose and down in the dumps, I got to thinking about other classes. In particular, blademasters seem to be getting royally screwed over. Without being able to glitch the 2 spark fire skill, a bms damage has taken a huge plunge. Without being able to cancel cyclone heel, bms usefulness in 1 on 1 pk just took a huge hit as well.

I've weathered a lot of changes to this game. Packs. Rep. R9 gear. But this change is a step in the other direction. To those assassins and blademasters who have never utilized glitching before, you are the lucky ones---you don't know what you will be missing. But for those of us who have been glitching for months or years now, this is a huge blow that makes our characters significantly less powerful.

I could almost see this as being a nurf against assassins, but its not: it hurts BMs much worse than it does assassins.

This change is senseless. Something was fixed that didn't need fixing, and things were made far worse than the original 'problem'. (Speaking of which... the cleric skill magic shell is still not working. Now there's something that actual IS a problem... has anything been done about this? Heaven forbid.)

I've been a long time customer of PWI, but this might just be the final straw that will stop me from playing this game, and from paying, for yes indeed I have payed. I can guarantee that a lot of assassins and blademasters right now are feeling just as dissatisfied as I am. Will this change make them think twice about playing this game anymore? At the very least, I want a GM to chip in with a response. I'm a man of logic, give me something that sounds halfway reasonable and I might just buy it. As it stands now, this change was utterly useless in every single way, and I hate it.

I know there's an almost non-existant chance that this will result in anything useful, but I just can't let this go without trying. In the poll there are 4 options. Answer either option A or B if you are an assassin or a bm. If you are any other class, answer in either options C or D. If this poll gets a strong enough response, maybe somebody upstairs will take notice.

Regards,

Azzazin

Edit:

Clearly people are not posting on the proper areas of the poll, or they are just brain dead. I'm not happy with the change, but there's a chance I can adapt. But all of you haughty arcanes who have never tried playing an endgame BM just sicken me. Without glitching pole ulti, or cyclone heel, or DBB for fire damage, BMs now have almost no chance against equally skilled & well geared people, in particular psychics or barbs/other bms. Or assassins for that matter; without glitching I'll be very surprised if fist users can keep me stun locked ever again. For three years the developers did nothing, and now they take it away without a word?

Major f'in BS. Irresponsible negligence. If it wasn't supposed to be there, they should never have let users have it. But now that its gone, its a loss, and in the case of BMs, a f'in major loss.

If they are into fixing glitches, why did they never take away the 'glitch' of a veno pet's bleed damage? Thats because the glitch was needed to keep venos competitive. I think it is the same thing for BMs. Fist damage against heavy armor? Pray tell how exactly a bm is supposed to use a 2 spark skill for fire damage AND keep a heavy armor opponent stun locked... just ain't gonna happen!

And if you are an assassin, damage plummeted in pk ofc. Using power dash for a buff that lasts a mere 8 seconds with a cast time of almost a second (effectively 7 seconds) is just not really worth it in most cases, when you need chi for a TWO spark stun. Ever think about that? Sins gain lot of chi with skill but thats because our ordinary skills used in stun lock require a lot of chi. Consider bms two main stuns, aoe stun & drake's bash, require 35 chi and 1 spark respectively; for assassin, headhunt & tele stun require 2 sparks and 1 spark, respectively. Anyways different argument. I'll be hard pressed to kill heavy armor without sparking anymore, just like BMs.

Glitching a 2spark is something that should have been banned imho. It's abusing the games broken mechanics to give yourself an unfair advantage. What if I was able to generate say 5m coin at a time by way of a glitch. Would it be fair? No. Same Problem, different situation.

As far as the Clerics Magic shell, after a long discussion, that is NOT a glitch. There's multiple weapons that have an effect that gives magical and physical defense (FC daggers are a prime example) Imagine if the buff worked how you say it "should". Every time the weapons effect ticks, the clerics buff is overwritten by a weaker and shorter buff, making the cleric have to stop healing to recast the buff EVERY time it ticks from the weapon. Isn't that counter productive? I'd personally just rather pay attention to the squads buffs every 15 minutes or so as a cleric. (You should be doing that anyway)

In regards to your "hard pressed to kill heavy armor" Skill: Condensed Thorn: Water damage added to attack, Shard 2 elemental shards into your weapons, then get an apoth that gives one of the two missing elements. Bam a quad elemental hit every single strike for the next 30 seconds. Seriously pre-planning is what it's all about.

Edit: I only read the first page of this useless complaint.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Glitching a 2spark is something that should have been banned imho. It's abusing the games broken mechanics to give yourself an unfair advantage. What if I was able to generate say 5m coin at a time by way of a glitch. Would it be fair? No. Same Problem, different situation.

As far as the Clerics Magic shell, after a long discussion, that is NOT a glitch. There's multiple weapons that have an effect that gives magical and physical defense (FC daggers are a prime example) Imagine if the buff worked how you say it "should". Every time the weapons effect ticks, the clerics buff is overwritten by a weaker and shorter buff, making the cleric have to stop healing to recast the buff EVERY time it ticks from the weapon. Isn't that counter productive? I'd personally just rather pay attention to the squads buffs every 15 minutes or so as a cleric. (You should be doing that anyway)

In regards to your "hard pressed to kill heavy armor" Skill: Condensed Thorn: Water damage added to attack, Shard 2 elemental shards into your weapons, then get an apoth that gives one of the two missing elements. Bam a quad elemental hit every single strike for the next 30 seconds. Seriously pre-planning is what it's all about.

Edit: I only read the first page of this useless complaint.

ijs, but PDef buffs have 3 types, Vanguard, Fortified and Bell. Magic has.... MAgic shell. The overwrite issue could be solved by letting it bloody overwrite and giving things like the FC daggers a fortified MDef buff or similar.

~What I mean is, if its not a glitch, its a piece of incredibly poor programming that shouldve been fixed long ago.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    neojin777 wrote: »
    this "fix" killed bm, long live pservers ijs. pw died r.i.p.

People there don't even know what skill spam is, let alone cancel cast.
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think glitches and bugs should be removed from games, bar none.

Balance between classes, which is a separate issue altogether, should be accomplished via valid in-game mechanics and not via bug/glitch abuses.
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This just ruins seeker PvP. This was our only way of fighting sins.

http://youtu.be/zbgUHp7NTu8?t=5m58s
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Definition of GLITCH

1 a : a usually minor malfunction : bug
    b : a minor problem that causes a temporary setback : snag
    2 : a false or spurious electronic signal

If you rely on something that is broken to enhance your capabilities in the game how can
    you complain when the broken thing is fixed?

Sorry, I just can't side with someone who tells me that they are feeling robbed because they
    can't exploit faulty code.

By your logic, Bernie Madoff didn't do a damned thing wrong.
    Think about that for a few minutes.
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    GLTICHING TO WIN = FAIL b:chuckle

NEEDING TO GLITCH TO BE GOOD = MORE FAIL b:laugh

T BAGGING TO WIN = PR0 b:victory

T BAGGING JUST CAUSE = LOVE b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ^ Unbalanced Game Where Glich Is Your Only Hope To Kill Some Clases = Epic Fail.
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    could not be bothered to read all 11 pages but im the 105 sin on dreamweaver and never used or even know how the power dash glitched worked.
    Sins are alot of damage just using what we got and people that used this glitch to win tiger event etc need banning there me and other sins trying to win and then theres the ones using a glitch to do more damage bad bad sin tut tut.
    Oh and if people using this in pvp as a sin they need shooting.
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    isnt glitching against the rulllllessSSSsss? yesSSSSS? hmmmMMMMmmm?

damn democrats.
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    Ketania - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ufop wrote: »
    could not be bothered to read all 11 pages but im the 105 sin on dreamweaver and never used or even know how the power dash glitched worked.

l.m.f.a.o. noob.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    l.m.f.a.o. noob.

Says the level 100 EG. b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ufop wrote: »
    That's because you spent all your time in FC.
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    Ketania - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Says the level 100 EG. b:laugh

You need trolling advice.
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Honestly, if you can't kill others or kill bosses without the glitches for crit or buffs, then you may want to pick a new main class. No offense, but you should need to glitch to kill.