An old timer made anew, humbly asks for advice.

Options
notsononymous
notsononymous Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey there,

Some of you may remember the good ol' days, when there were six classes and the largest thing on people's minds was male Venomancers and female Barbarians b:avoid

Around that time I left for a no-man's-land of unreliable internet and atomic bandwidth (Scotland), leaving behind the legacy of a level 65+ character in each class; it is safe to say I know the basics of PWI.

So after my years of exile, I have a couple of questions before I start afresh (these are the questions I could not find an easy answer to in the forums already):

1. Which server should I play on? When I left there were but a humble 3, so the current count of 7 (it would seem from the website) is a rather large change. A couple of factors really:

Of the seven, which are the most appropriate for European play (I assume the three East Coast ones, but you never can tell with PWi...)?

Which is the newest of the ones that fit the first requirement?

2. Of the ten classes, which is the least played?
  3. Of the classes, which ones are desired in squads/instances (I assume Clerics are still top)
  4. Lastly, which class is the most fun?

Probably a b:angry inducing question, so let me specify:

How difficult the classes are to play (i.e. how much micro each one needs *laughs at nearest Mage ;)*

Which classes are a pleasure to play (I use the term loosely :P), for example, I remember Barbies being quite dull in the lower levels, but kicking off at around 70-80.

And of course, where would we be without some good ol' opinion? Which lass do you most enjoy playing?

Thanks a lot for any replies,

Notso
Post edited by notsononymous on

Comments

• HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    1. Take a server closest to you and choose yourself if you want pvp or pve one. The only advice I can give you to this question.

2. I may be wrong but wizards and venos<- I dont meet them often in squads.

3.Yes

4. Since sins are the strongest class most people play one. When they came out I made one too but it disturbed me that so many people play them and I rolled a barb which was ok to grind imo, if you can afford a decent weapon it's not such pain.
  • notsononymous
    notsononymous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Okay, which server is closest to Europe then (or are all the East Coast servers the same "distance")?

Thanks for the reply, it probably helped more than you think x)

I'm thinking of re-rolling a Cleric (a daunting prospect... I can't even remember how long it took me to reach level 85 before...) or maybe playing a Seeker. In light of this, in terms of game play value do Seekers have anything over Clerics? I've read that Seekers are fun as they have a lot of skill spam, but I also enjoy healing people.

If I were to play maybe 1.5-2.5 hours a day each week, would it be feasible to roll both classes? I'll probably end up starting both anyway :P

On a tangent: what's the current view towards people playing an avatar of the opposite gender? I wanna have something nice to look at while I grind at the higher levels but public opinion may have shifted.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the east coast servers are all in a colocation center in New York City, as i understand it. pick the one with the lowest ping to you, if they differ at all.

venos are not little played; less played than several other classes, true, but i see MANY more venos than wizards. some days it feels like i see more venos than barbarians, even.

genderbending is almost expected if you play veno. it SHOULD be no surprise to anyone no matter what class or gender you choose, really. it's no big deal, and quite common.

what class you find fun is up to you, it's a matter of personal taste. that said, i enjoy playing my seeker immensely. try taking one up to level 20 or so; since you've played before, that shouldn't take you more than three or four days at the rate you say you're playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.