server shutdown?

Comments

• ctideborn
    ctideborn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why should we get double drops for something that was out of PWI's control? I swear, everyone wants something for nothing nowadays.
  • Devilspirits - Archosaur
    Devilspirits - Archosaur Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    All topics regarding server/forums being down have been merged here. From what I understand, PWE's ISP company experienced an outage that effected the availability of the servers.
    thanks shelly i actually do appreciate you giving us an answer :) back to the game.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    All topics regarding server/forums being down have been merged here. From what I understand, PWE's ISP company experienced an outage that effected the availability of the servers.
    wow... maybe with all the money u get maybe you should go with a better ISP..... hell i havent' lost internet in like.... a decade? lmao cept after a hurricane :P lmao
    whats interesting is the server ping thingy on the front page says "all servers up " LOL

What's interesting is that's never worked and the rest of us know that already. lol Try going in the game itself and look at the servers on the log in page. :O btw when i looked (and this was like 30 min before the website was working again), the east coast servers were up but west was down.
    we should get double drops

LOL your thread YOU made got moved to the lower depths in 5 seconds so u come here? lol Wow u lost an hour or so of playing... ya.... time to whine for 2X for a week... >.<

Still.... where the heck was the 2X they always do to kick off summer?
  • jamesrazel
    jamesrazel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    we should get double drops

you mean 2x experience right b:chuckleb:laugh
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its been a while since we had double drops and raptures are like 2mil+ now. Double drops would help the non 5aps people alot
  • DeathAihngel - Sanctuary
    DeathAihngel - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yeah like I said I doubt anyone is at fault really. It's called an "act of God". Nissan likes to put it this way

Nissan
    Shift_happens
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nah, 3x or gtfo. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Vasanta - Heavens Tear
    Vasanta - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its been a while since we had double drops and raptures are like 2mil+ now. Double drops would help the non 5aps people alot

As if 5aps is all that matters in this game XD
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    wow... maybe with all the money u get maybe you should go with a better ISP..... hell i havent' lost internet in like.... a decade? lmao cept after a hurricane :P lmao

What money exactly? I'm a mod, I volunteer doing this at 5:25am. b:surrender

I've already locked topics that needed locking. Feel free to let me know if you experience any other issues with the forums and I will forward them to the appropriate team.

b:thanks
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No reason at all there should be 2x ANYTHING. It was out of PWE's control. Stop being so damn greedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Huh, so, if the entire city loses power, you still have internet?

They could go with the ISP across the street, or across town, or whatever, but unless they go to like... Another city or state for an ISP, they aren't going to be any better off. If the ISP is located in Texas and the fires in Arizona have burned through those transmission lines and are causing rolling blackouts in Texas, then they'll have to relocate the servers to another state for reliable power anyway.

Battery backups only last so long, you know... And a Server Building isn't gonna invest millions in a backup generator system that might be used once every couple of years, if that.

And on top of that, I thought they had colo servers on both coasts, so if the East Coast servers went down, the West Coast servers should still be running, and vise versa. What took all of the servers out at once? or are all of the servers in the same area, with just a high speed link to another place across the country?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited June 2011
    This MMO is on the FREE TO PLAY structure so no-one can complain unless they lost actual money somehow in the market. Though I must say i'm glad I dont see anyone emo raging about it yet.
  • Store_Guy - Archosaur
    Store_Guy - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    no one owes us anything no but still be nice :) i could handle some 2x exp grind grind grind :)
    edited June 2011
    no one owes us anything no but still be nice :) i could handle some 2x exp grind grind grind :)

well noone would complain thats for sure :)
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I've already locked topics that needed locking. Feel free to let me know if you experience any other issues with the forums and I will forward them to the appropriate team.

b:laughI know what you re going through b:laugh

and besides farming twice for the same amount , isnt that double more fun as double drops?b:laugh
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011

You as in PWI... since you were the first one on here to give a reason for the crash, I responded to you..... I'm well aware YOU make no money. But you still represent this company that makes god knows how much more then P2P games, yet how often do the servers crash lately? not to mention you're too broke to pay enough GM's to monitor the game? or do anything properly..... or hire people to fix YEARS old bugs..... lol ugh not going to go on here....
    edited June 2011
    They should sell 2x stones in the Boutique. For 100 gold, you get your own private 2X Exp, Spirit, and drop event for one day.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    You as in PWI... since you were the first one on here to give a reason for the crash, I responded to you..... I'm well aware YOU make no money. But you still represent this company that makes god knows how much more then P2P games, yet how often do the servers crash lately? not to mention you're too broke to pay enough GM's to monitor the game? or do anything properly..... or hire people to fix YEARS old bugs..... lol ugh not going to go on here....

Please stop referring to me as PWE, I'm a player like yourself, I only maintain the forums. Thanks. b:thanks
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Huh, so, if the entire city loses power, you still have internet?

They could go with the ISP across the street, or across town, or whatever, but unless they go to like... Another city or state for an ISP, they aren't going to be any better off. If the ISP is located in Texas and the fires in Arizona have burned through those transmission lines and are causing rolling blackouts in Texas, then they'll have to relocate the servers to another state for reliable power anyway.

Battery backups only last so long, you know... And a Server Building isn't gonna invest millions in a backup generator system that might be used once every couple of years, if that.

And on top of that, I thought they had colo servers on both coasts, so if the East Coast servers went down, the West Coast servers should still be running, and vise versa. What took all of the servers out at once? or are all of the servers in the same area, with just a high speed link to another place across the country?

No one said there was a power failure genius...... And your last paragraph made no damn sense to me idk maybe i'm tired, but the west coast went down, east was still up.
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Actually we can complain :) ToS ;) are called rights :O. Maybe is not ethical but we can ;)
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Please stop referring to me as PWE, I'm a player like yourself, I only maintain the forums. Thanks. b:thanks

do u have a GM account like bearclaw?
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    x2 drops?
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011

learn to read, i said you as in PWI as in the COMPANY ... YOU represent. And since your'e just a player... how do u know what happened 2 minutes after the site's working? havent' seen a THING from any GM yet.
    edited June 2011

Its a flaw in the actual engine I believe. That is what causes most of the extremely odd glitches. As for hiring MODs/GM's, some people actually like doing it for the fun of it. PWI just takes advantage of it a little. You guys have to remember this isnt a CCP scale operation. If any of you have played anything CCP though you know they have issues as well and they are WELL staffed.
    edited June 2011
    No one said there was a power failure genius...... And your last paragraph made no damn sense to me idk maybe i'm tired, but the west coast went down, east was still up.

I'm interpreting the statement Shelly made as being a 'power outage'.

And if you don't understand the last paragraph I made, then you seriously shouldn't be arguing about this...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited June 2011
    actually one of the mods said the issue was probably a power outage read it again

Right.. But they guy I was quoting was taking advantage of a GM piping up trying to be helpful. He really had no basis for anything he was saying.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    no u read it again, it's on page 3. There's a differenence between a POWER outage and the ISP going out.

Edit: wth i was replying to Store Guy and his post went poof.... but ya dont' need to go back to page 3, Sarra quoted it above.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    learn to read, i said you as in PWI as in the COMPANY ... YOU represent. And since your'e just a player... how do u know what happened 2 minutes after the site's working? havent' seen a THING from any GM yet.

You might also want to stop referring to the company as PWI, that is their game. The company is PWE and even as their moderator, I am not affiliated with them so again, stop telling me how to run a company I am not part of.

How I know? Because I read this: http://www.facebook.com/ForsakenWorld/posts/10150275852891101
  • jamesrazel
    jamesrazel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They should sell 2x stones in the Boutique. For 100 gold, you get your own private 2X Exp, Spirit, and drop event for one day.

their called hyper stones and you get x12 b:cool
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    b:chuckle<--popcorn munching

Be nice to Shelly, she tries.b:thanksb:victory
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker