High level-ish players (90+)

kelo121
kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I found out in every game that high level players are totally arrogant
except some who liked to help others(mostly girls)
im a 81 seeker myself
when i was on Tidal protection quest(long TB chain quest)
i came across and realized that i have to kill many big bosses
all who helped me were girls(lol)
and were 95-102 in level,and were sins
havent found out anyone that is a GUY helped me with any bosses except some who helped with my old bh29,39,51s
also when im in a stage of cube,which a big eyed mob called Axis fate...or else
its like,cool,im on a low HP,saving pots.disregarding how many crabmeats i have,even if i have plenty
a Sin came to the room,hit the mobs several times...
i tried to talk to him but it seemed like he didnt care even if he is just sitting and watching his sin taking the mob down
before its the mob's hp hits 80k,the sin demon sparked and voila!
5aps sin killed that mob in only 5secs while the mob is having 80k hp
i gave him a plain "thanks",no respond at all,as he is walking to the room teleporter
i was thinking like.....oh maybe this guy has difficulties with chatting or watever.
so,do YOU think that the high levelishs are arrogant?
im in archosaur server,
please voteb:thanksb:thanks
sorry for bad english and mis spellings

Liked myself being an unpopular seeker
Post edited by kelo121 on

Comments

• endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its called 5aps, thats why they kill so fast, Before the Tideborn expansion. All classes wre balanced and 5 aps didnt exist.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    endlesstorture: Before T.Born expansion it's true that the classes where more balanced, but 5 aps DID exist. Though it was so much more rarer because of the heafty costs it would of required back then.

But once packs came out, and gold prices hit ~1+ mil, yeah it's a lot easier.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its called 5aps, thats why they kill so fast, Before the Tideborn expansion. All classes wre balanced and 5 aps didnt exist.

you have got to be the most boring, 1-note troll to ever emerge from under the bridge.

OP: most 100+ players have gotten sick of hypered noobs that powerlevel themselves without developing any friendships in game so when it comes time for them to need something, they just start bugging random people that have a bunch of high level gear on, and dont even have the courtesy to say thank you afterwards. so when randoms start asking them stuff they just ignore them. also if i do all the work in a cube room and someone leaches off me, they are a target if i see them in a pk room, especially if their reason is "i only have crabmeats, and i didnt want to waste them on cube boss."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    girls are nice 0.o

and i think its mostly that they get sick of getting asked things which you can find out with 3 minutes of research
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    - Not all males with 90+ characters are arrogant. Please refrain from casting stereotypes.

- Just because someone ignored your chat does not make him or her arrogant. Please refrain from casting stereotypes.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There is a 90% chance that girl that was nice, was in real life a guy....ijs ijs b:laugh
    re
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Axis of Fate in the cube is a weak high hped mob that needs to be killed and it doesn't matter who does how much damage in that room as long as it gets killed, the teleporter will spawn and everyone in the room can talk to him and advance to the next room so don't say that person was arrogant

Anyway this seems like a waste of a thread mods just get rid of it please
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There is a 90% chance that girl that was nice, was in real life a guy....ijs ijs b:laugh

^This b:chuckle

Most people are arrogant. Regardless of what lvl they are. b:pleased
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The majority of endgame players are arrogant. I joke that the reason why I never leveled past 90 is so I don't catch the **** syndrome that most seem to get when they level to 100. This does not just happen to males, but I have met a lot of female players that were complete bishes just because. Something about seeming so all mighty and important in an mmo is kinda weird to me, lol. No matter how popular you are online, doesn't give you points for reality. Actually, I look at the people that stick their noses up at other players kinda like the real losers.. I could name one girl on DW that is nothing but an attention hoe. If you're really that awesome in real life, why not go be awesome in real life and stop telling us how awesome you are in game? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    find a group of people your own level to quest with, instead of relying on high levels to do the work for you. find a faction that helps its members and help others that ask for it. not always when people don't answer are they just ignoring you - they might be ignoring that chat channel or chatbox altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm male, over 90 ( hence high level according to OP ) and don't consider myself arrogant.

I liked being helped in my low levels so I'm paying back now helping the lower ones when they need me.

Oh about arrogance... ho about noobs asking for help and not even saying thank you?

What about plvl noobs wiping out squads and not even saying "I'm sorry"?

Yes I sometimes mess up and fail a catch and someone gets killed, but it happens. What's happens next is my apologies to that person. b:surrender
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    - Not all males with 90+ characters are arrogant. Please refrain from casting stereotypes.

- Just because someone ignored your chat does not make him or her arrogant. Please refrain from casting stereotypes.

^ This

Not all 9x+ players are arrogant you just must be talking to wrong people, I also saw a thread before which someone was asking if all Sins are jerks.... that's not true ether since I don't act like a jerk on my Sin and I know many other people in my guild who don't act like a jerk ether. Everyone is different not everyone is a jerk... so stereotyping about others doesn't make it true on how they act... (this also gos for real life situations)

Also since PWI made it so easy to lvl up to 9x that could be another reason why you are referring to high lvl players since the jerk like players can get to 9x in less than a week by hyper FC....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Most 90-100+ people who actually played the game for awhile have developed there circle of friends and outside of there guild imo rarely make time for new people. Me personally am this way, and also my blacklist is set so anyone under 90 can't talk to me unless there guild/friends list.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooob
  • Shenzi - Lost City
    Shenzi - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't think all of them are arrogant, I think it's just a case of being asked the same questions over and over again. Not everyone has super cleric patience I guess. I still come across the nice high level who, if you world chat or shout around arch, is totally willing to solo bosses for you. (Except bh, but I really hate it when people get high levels to solo their bhs. That's no way to learn squad dynamics.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have a friendlist with many +100,aswell as under lvl 80
    I dont just befriend anyone, most of the time people dont realise ppl invest time in helping out your fb or your bosses.
    Most of the time , as token of gratitude , i offer the tanks to pay for the repairbill, I offer to the clerics coins to cover their pots(herbs),
    they see that they are being appreciated as it should,
    respect has to come from both ways, and it's not 90+ arrogance.
    If you consider being ignored, just let it be, before other ppl might ask why they are arrogant towards you b:thanks
    just have fun fun fun fun
  • Tuli - Raging Tide
    Tuli - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm just arrogant b:bye
    Doqui 101 r9 veno

Tuli 101 5aps Sin b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'll try to be the most objective on this topic... I'd also like to add that I have thought about it for a while and that I am happy to be able to talk about it now.

I'd begin by saying that I have a big respect for those who played since closed beta no matter their motivation. They had to get through lots of mess, including bots and glitches, but also had to deal with a limited yet already expansive world. They leveled out of effort and deserved bragging rights. Yes, even the ones that did all the efforts to end as a rude, perverted WC dummy -and more likely doubling as a bored regular PKer camping at West Arch or Silver Pool at that- acting like if he/she was a different character of today (Dissociative identity disorder, anyone?).

I guess the game has been made too easy, too cheap, no matter the ambient QQ going around. I agree with the group of people stating that you'd just have to spend part of your salary or your allowance to belong to the 'PWI elite' (scamming does not count, be it in game or in reality, those practicing it simply fail at life -even more because PWI is not so unbearable-), especially if you are a newbie that is pushed by 'veterans' to join them in the upper level character dimension (close to 100). Serious business? Bragging out achievements gotten in a GAME (with no way to make sure they are gotten out of effort and not by cash or other shortcuts)? What a joke.

What I find sad is that I don't bother differentiating both, since alts could be either alt classes characters of a veteran gamer or just a powerleveled noob.

Remember the times when you people awed at a lv 100? It has now gone to 'Oh a lv 100' or 'grats on getting to lv 100, you (insert random friendly insult) -meaning 'oh, lv 100? Big deal, I can do the same, noob' for some-
    And you would confirm this post and shrug with me on that mess the game has become in terms of community.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Arrogant? Pfft. Nah. You're just an idiot.

b:chuckle

b:avoid
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Alot of the arrogance comes from having to deal with the more idiotic members of the community for so long. Eventually, you just get sick of it and wont listen to anyone you dont know, because it just wears on you after a while.

And personally, I think its more accurate to use how long someone has been playing as a base, not level. Someone who has only been playing for 3-5 months and is level 100 is bound to be nicer in MOST CASES than someone who has been playing for years and is that level. Simply because they havent dealt with all the leeches, scammers, annoying cling-ons, etc... that the ones who have been around for longer have.

However, its also in the mindstate of the character for some people. For example, if I'm on my Seeker, chances are I feel like being social and helpful. But if I'm on my cleric, chances are I'm looking for blood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In my experience, when a person reaches a high level in a game, they tend to forget that they were ever low level to begin with. If anyone asks them a question about the game the high level calls them a noob for not knowing everything there is to know about the game already.

In another game I was below a certain level, the higher levels wouldn't even speak to me. The moment I reached a higher level, suddenly they were friendly and asked me to do stuff with them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    why ignore unknown people in cube? especially early room

after the "Hi" there will be a "coin plzzzzzzzz"
    this, in the room where you have to pay coin before you can dig chests and they just digged....

and (real) female clerics are the most helpful people around
    i like potato
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This happens in alot of games... Remember when you was below level 10? You spoke to everyone and looked up at the higher levels in awe.

Then you reach that level then suddenly the things you struggled with back then seem so easy you forget how much you struggled with them. I have watched countless people join the faction I am in at lvl 60-70 and be the freindlist most shy and timid person ever. Then they get to 100+ and suddenly there trolling in WC being arrogant to other members below and above there level.

I guess its because everyone wants to feel like there king of there castle the same sort of reason why it makes you so angry when some one cuts you up in your car or someone who has no right tells you what to do.

It's true not all people are like this but I would say a good 90% of people are and it can also come down to how that person is feeling at that time. Sometimes you can ask me and I will be all for helping you out others I may noit be so willing.

As for being ignored in the cube I dont always have my local chat on I might be in Faction chat or Squad chat I run cubes most mornings before I am fully awake to and no offence but speaking then just requires so much effort
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is why I rarely help lower lvls, and why a number of ppl I know don't.

I call it Superglue syndrome. It goes like this: A high lvl helps a new low lvl player. That lowbie suddenly assumes you're the best of friends and starts pming you ALL THE TIME asking for money, to tag along in instances, to solo their BH ect.

It used to be less common. I used to chat 'bored cleric looking for somebody to help." I haven't done that in ages now, because every time I do I end up with some lvl 50 glued to my waist expecting me to drop everything to join his BH squad or do his quests for him.

I will randomly help people every now and then. Just not as often...and now you know why some high lvls might not want to deal with it.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Alot of the arrogance comes from having to deal with the more idiotic members of the community for so long. Eventually, you just get sick of it and wont listen to anyone you dont know, because it just wears on you after a while.

And personally, I think its more accurate to use how long someone has been playing as a base, not level. Someone who has only been playing for 3-5 months and is level 100 is bound to be nicer in MOST CASES than someone who has been playing for years and is that level. Simply because they havent dealt with all the leeches, scammers, annoying cling-ons, etc... that the ones who have been around for longer have.

However, its also in the mindstate of the character for some people. For example, if I'm on my Seeker, chances are I feel like being social and helpful. But if I'm on my cleric, chances are I'm looking for blood.

Its true. Im much, much nicer on my archer. Mostly because on cleric a "hi" is always follqwed with "pls buff/rezz/heal"
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Its true. Im much, much nicer on my archer. Mostly because on cleric a "hi" is always follqwed with "pls buff/rezz/heal"

^ A thousand times, this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    kelo121 wrote: »
    I found out in every game that high level players are totally arrogant
    except some who liked to help others(mostly girls)
    im a 81 seeker myself
    when i was on Tidal protection quest(long TB chain quest)
    i came across and realized that i have to kill many big bosses
    all who helped me were girls(lol)
    and were 95-102 in level,and were sins
    havent found out anyone that is a GUY helped me with any bosses except some who helped with my old bh29,39,51s
    also when im in a stage of cube,which a big eyed mob called Axis fate...or else
    its like,cool,im on a low HP,saving pots.disregarding how many crabmeats i have,even if i have plenty
    a Sin came to the room,hit the mobs several times...
    i tried to talk to him but it seemed like he didnt care even if he is just sitting and watching his sin taking the mob down
    before its the mob's hp hits 80k,the sin demon sparked and voila!
    5aps sin killed that mob in only 5secs while the mob is having 80k hp
    i gave him a plain "thanks",no respond at all,as he is walking to the room teleporter
    i was thinking like.....oh maybe this guy has difficulties with chatting or watever.
    so,do YOU think that the high levelishs are arrogant?
    im in archosaur server,
    please voteb:thanksb:thanks
    sorry for bad english and mis spellings

Liked myself being an unpopular seeker

Are you sure the female char who helped you is indeed a female in real life, and not a g.i.r.l (guy in real life) D: I helped many people kill bosses on my server on my female alts lvl 90+ b:cuteb:kiss
  • kelo121
    kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Arrogant? Pfft. Nah. You're just an idiot.

b:chuckle

b:avoid

no,you can easily assume they aren't as you are a high level yourself
    what do you feel when you are below 60,hanging around west city gate?b:byeb:bye
    imo they are arrogant towards low levels,try making a low level char and you will figure it out why.
    put some shards into your low level gears so they glow,and in half an hour im sure you will see someone tried to ask you for a duel
    because on their mind like,you are too low for a gear showoffs
    as a 81,im not an ******* jerk towards everyone,i helped many ppl on tiny bosses and almost dumped my leveling time.
    i have been in this game for about 3months and this game is still great
    tried on making a low leveled sin,now he's about 10,
    in case everyone is just arrogant towards others in mmo disregarding what their level are
    like:
    i have many 30ish~ players stole my mobs whenever im grinding with lv10 sin and imo they are just having fun KSing the poor sin
    b:nosebleed
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    kelo121 wrote: »
    no,you can easily assume they aren't as you are a high level yourself
    what do you feel when you are below 60,hanging around west city gate?b:byeb:bye
    imo they are arrogant towards low levels,try making a low level char and you will figure it out why.
    put some shards into your low level gears so they glow,and in half an hour im sure you will see someone tried to ask you for a duel
    because on their mind like,you are too low for a gear showoffs
    as a 81,im not an ******* jerk towards everyone,i helped many ppl on tiny bosses and almost dumped my leveling time.
    i have been in this game for about 3months and this game is still great
    tried on making a low leveled sin,now he's about 10,
    in case everyone is just arrogant towards others in mmo
    i have faced many 30ish~ players stole my mobs whenever im grinding and imo they are just having fun KSing the poor sin
    b:nosebleed

Thats exactly what I was talking about in my post. People that have been here for shorter times, regardless of level, will tend to be nicer, because they havent been exposed to the same amount of QQers, beggers, clingers, and all around people taking advantage of them for as long. Stick around for 2 more years, and then tell me if you feel the same. It happened to me too. When I first started playing I would do anything I could to help people. Then I got sick of basically not being able to sign on without 100 people begging me to drop everything I was doing for them, and then getting mad when I didnt. Thats when I became an rpker and started to act "arrogant" and "rude". I'm still nice to people that prove they arent gonna use me, and I still tend to help people that it seems like wont harass me. But over all, ive spent too much time on this game dealing with the bull**** to NOT act like that towards random people.

Again, come back to me in 2 years and say you are still the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You can't just judge right off the bat. Sometimes people are actually afk when they're "ignoring" you, for example, or are busy doing something else. Also, i do agree that once you have started helping someone, there are people out there that just love to take advantage of those nice people and reap all the benefits. This makes the nice person turn frustrated from never getting anything in return. Imagine yourself doing all these nice things to a certain someone, and you never get anything in return. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute