Help With A Class

Options
artorath
artorath Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Hey, Im one of those people who cant decide on a class to choose, they all seem so good,
since im new i dont know the good and the bad of each Class,

could someone recommend a class for me ( Give pros and cons )

i would like someone who can solo well, work well in parties, has nice flashy spells/moves, isnt really expensive, and not Cash Shop dependent, and is fun to play

and i like PVE better than PVP
Post edited by artorath on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well, since you said one that wasn't expensive. I would say a veno. They are a great solo class, and the glacial walker you can tame for free in the tideborn area will let you do most of the game just fine. Then you can solo TT for money until you get a herc which would be your biggest expense. They have awesome debuffs in parties. They can also be aps characters eventually, so that you can use them to make coin for the far more efficient end game farmer, dagger assassins, gear end game. They are nice in TW too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • fred12121
    fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    few months ago i would recoomend you a bm or veno because they are both good for solo pve and not really expensive
    wiz has best looking skills
    and this game is heavy cash shop dependet lol
    well today lets say you should make a sin if you ever plan to pvp
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fred12121 wrote: »
    few months ago i would recoomend you a bm or veno because they are both good for solo pve and not really expensive
    wiz has best looking skills
    and this game is heavy cash shop dependet lol
    well today lets say you should make a sin if you ever plan to pvp

Venos are not a heavily cash shop dependent class to get going, as they don't need aps to get started on their soloing stuff for money. Assassins can too with the right gear (and in fact do so much better than venos), but he wanted something cheap to start out with and they aren't the cheapest class to get well geared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • fred12121
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Venos are not a heavily cash shop dependent class to get going, as they don't need aps to get started on their soloing stuff for money. Assassins can too with the right gear (and in fact do so much better than venos), but he wanted something cheap to start out with and they aren't the cheapest class to get well geared.

veno is best class to start with no reason to argue
    what i ment in my post that this game is cash shop dependet or how do you imagine a non cash shopper how he gets for example his first mount?
    i bet a snow cub costs 3 mil today + the fact that farming TT lost a lot proficiency
    edited June 2011
    Options
    veno is best class to start with no reason to argue
    what i ment in my post that this game is cash shop dependet or how do you imagine a non cash shopper how he gets for example his first mount?
    i bet a snow cub costs 3 mil today + the fact that farming TT lost a lot proficiency

You can get a Polaris unspurred for around 1-2 million I think, which if you don't touch the coins from the Goshiki quest chain you should have 1 million at the end of it. The price on those went down a lot once they put the ninetails/bad panda on sale for 5 gold. Which means you can get one when prices normalize from like 4 mil. So why would anyone who can afford that, get a snow cub? You can also farm mats at raging tide and sell them to other players if you don't have the computer for merchanting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh poor lost one, your questions are oft asked and seldom answered.

I hereby dun thee:

A SEEKER

Go forth and find the answers you seek.
  • artorath
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Whats APS and so venomancers are the best starting class, so all other classes arnt good for starting on?
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just checked the Ah and didn't see snow cubs for sale, but I did see a crimson leaper for 1.3 mil coins on Dreamweaver. It's not the greatest mount, but it goes 9 m/s which is faster than you can run anywhere, which is all a mount is good for anyway. It's not that necessary an item, especially when you consider the extensive and almost always affordable teleport system. You get a free flyer at level 30.

All classes are good for starting on, but you wanted one that can solo well and make you money. The other classes are more party oriented than Venos and aps anything.

And attacks per second is very expensive gear set (and you can get anything cash shopping, but more realistically speaking unless you already have a high level char is hard to get without doing so) that allows you to get 5 attacks per second. A 5aps assassin can solo a lot of the content end game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • FreyaDusk - Archosaur
    FreyaDusk - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh poor lost one, your questions are oft asked and seldom answered.

I hereby dun thee:

A SEEKER

Go forth and find the answers you seek.

lol that was so sweet. b:chuckle
  • fred12121
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i cant speak for all servers but here is expample thread about nien
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1111071

post #3 says here sot for 400 mil

another point would be pointless dq reward system which rewarded abusers in the end and imo it would be much better if it never existed

the last sale of divine orders could probably sink gold prices but flyers destroyed it again

i could continue the list but its not point of the thread
    all i can say updates and economy became like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqqRPvM_Sw
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i cant speak for all servers but here is expample thread about nien

You do not NEED a nien beast, you can find a ninetails/bad panda for far cheaper and they are the max speed of the mount.

post #3 says here sot for 400 mil

You do not NEED the best tome in the game. This player wants to play at nice pace without cash shopping, which means they are probably not going to be doing the stuff the requires super elite cash shopped gear. What instance do you need a love up and down for?

another point would be pointless dq reward system which rewarded abusers in the end and imo it would be much better if it never existed

The dq system is nice, but I agree medals are something that should have either never been put in, or been put into to stay permanently.

the last sale of divine orders could probably sink gold prices but flyers destroyed it again

i could continue the list but its not point of the thread
    all i can say updates and economy became like

I will agree that the economy is broken, and that if you want to be competitive in the game and have the best gear, then it is hard to do without cash shopping. But it is possible to have good enough gear without doing so, and if you play for fun and casually that it is not all impossible to do so without cash shopping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqqRPvM_Sw

My responses in red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • artorath
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So, is veno the only class i can be which is good and cheap?

whats so great about a veno?
  • fred12121
    edited June 2011
    Options
    your tank is your pet and you can handle a lot more alone than other classes
    arcane veno dont need many skills at all so you spend less coins on skills
    your pet takes all hits if you play smart so you have barely repair bills
    edited June 2011
    Options
    artorath wrote: »
    So, is veno the only class i can be which is good and cheap?

whats so great about a veno?

Venos are great because they have sweet debuffs, and a pet. They can allow the pet to tank, while they play the role of cleric (by healing the tank, which is the pet. They don't heal other classes)/dder (in between pet healing) so that they are pretty much a party onto themselves.

And no, they are plenty of good classes out there that don't have to go the aps route. The cleric is another example, but a cleric can't solo instances the way a veno can. Which means you'll have to find squads to do things. However, the cleric is probably the most wanted non aps character end game. Mystics are also another class that are nice, but a mystic summon can't tank as well as a veno pet can. The fact of the matter is, any of the classes in this game can be played cheaply. But if you want to go SOLO, and plan on using cheaper gear that is still good then the veno is simply the best at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • artorath
    edited June 2011
    Options
    uhm ok,

What is APS?
    edited June 2011
    Options
    uhm ok,

What is APS?

It stands for attacks per second. Some of the most expensive gear in the game (not the most expensive, that'll be warsoul) allows you to attack 5 time in a single second. Combine this with a buff called blood paint, and you are putting out so much damage that you are healing yourself at a good enough rate that you can solo most of the things in the game. A dagger assassin with aps is the best 1 vs 1 pvp character and the best farmer in the game, period. This is because they can use stealth to skip through all of the mobs and always get the first hit in pvp against the other classes, who can't see them. You are putting out massive amounts of damage at 5 attacks per second. But again, this build is expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • artorath
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ah ok,

my friend told me that Blademasters are really good for solo

is this true?

and if so why not blademasters?
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ah ok,

my friend told me that Blademasters are really good for solo

is this true?

and if so why not blademasters?

Because they can get 5 attacks per second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • artorath
    edited June 2011
    Options
    but can they do well without APS?

and without tons of money
  • fred12121
    edited June 2011
    Options
    axe bm can do solo well too
    you can self grind and farm aoe very well
    and you should worry about aps when you play this game longer you will get it in endgame maybe
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Axe Bms can do pretty well without APS, but if you want to be able to get squads to go with you once you are high level, you would have a much easier time doing so with aps. In fact, the number one complaint I hear from non-aps BMs is that they have a hard time finding squads. If you want to go that route, it's fine but it's something you should be aware of. The classes the people pretty much demand aps from endgame are BM/Assassin/Archer. You can be very, very, very good without APS. It is not at all necessary to do the most of the endgame content, but you'll have trouble finding squads without it once you hit endgame. At the end of the day, play how you want to play. None of the classes require APS to be good, and I know some very, very, very good people who are not APS bms/sins/archers. But the APS ruining the game is the number one thing they complain about, because APS is just better for farming. It just is, it's ridiculously OP at it. But if you mostly plan to play solo and have fun, and find the right faction you can have fun, cheaply, with any of the classes and many of the builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • artorath
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeh, i cannot decide between Blademaster or Venomancer,

also i like Hammer and Axe Blademasters but what is the difference between Axe and hammers?
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeh, i cannot decide between Blademaster or Venomancer,

also i like Hammer and Axe Blademasters but what is the difference between Axe and hammers?

There is a small difference in damage and attack speed. If you choose to be axe bm you will want to use dual axes at level 70 because of berzerker effect. Untill then you can use what you get.
  • IHopeI - Heavens Tear
    IHopeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I my experiences i think venomancer's are the most affordable class. You have pets which help you solo most of the game. You can also choose to be 3 different types of armor:
    Heavy Armor( high defense, Medium magic/meele damage, medium mana, medium heals)
    Light Armor(Medium Defense, Medium Magic attack, medium mana, medium heals)
    Arcane Armor( Low Defense, High magic attack, high Mana, High Heals)

They are also able to solo Twilight Temple for good money and drops. This helps you make money to get a Hercules or Pheonix through the use of SoF and PoF. Its easy and fun overall.

Cleric, Seeker, Barbs, Blademasters are also fun and moderate affordable. Assassins,Psychic,Mystics, are great classes but they require some cash shopping if you want to make your life easier. Every class can become easy if you use money but its fun to work hard for your stuff. I leveled a wizard to 70 without the use of cash shopping but i must admit i was tempted at times. Overall pick the class you enjoy the most and stick with it. Believe me it pays off when you reach your goal and you get a feeling of accomplishment.

Edit: If you go Blademaster its easy since they have high defense and medium damage. You might have trouble with magic mobs but u get buffs for that. I would suggest going Axe till 80+ so u can AoE and level fast. Once you get to run FF you can switch into an Axe/Fist build which helps later on if you want to farm things. Fists help you get APS( attack per second, 5 being the highest). This is a great way to farm for fast coin. Although its your choice on which Weapon path you find more suitable for your playing style.