Gear suggestions!

Paikea_ - Archosaur
Paikea_ - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Archer
This is my current gear setup and stat build: http://pwcalc.com/591dfaaaff700e52

I have 117 str statted in with the hopes of wearing a warsoul of earth helm as soon as i can scrape up the cash to buy myself one. I was hoping some of you could give me some pointers on what else i could do to improve my current gear(mostly in ornaments). Let's keep in mind i dont have tons and tons of money at my disposal atm. Any suggestions is much appreciated. b:cute
main:
Paikea_ 10x demon archer

alts:
Hydrophilic 10x demon sin
Paiikea 9x demon cleric
Esete 9x sage veno
Post edited by Paikea_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Personally, I would get a sky demon's pearl.
  • Hellies - Harshlands
    Hellies - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    usually i hate forums but i'll post my suggestions :

Sky Demon's Pearl - as necklace, req lvl 87, cost less than 1m if you make yourself or ask someone to make for you.

better cape - Cape of Tauran Chieftain, 3 stars lvl 67 cape with better stats, eden trophy mode cape (best option for cheap gear), lvl 96 phys res Cape of Elite Leather.

higher level OHT belt, from map 3 at least (you have the reward from map 1) or demon slaughter belt.

misty ring if you intend to pvp otherwise attendance ring is ok.

as you said warsoul of earth.

better bow - broadland if you can find one cheap, blinding radiance/Everfragrance if you want more damage but slower attack (good for AOE in FC), at least r8 when you reach 100 (or Heaven Shatterer/tt99 if you can't afford r8).
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Personally, I would get a sky demon's pearl.

^agreed. Whatever you do with your ornaments, I highly recommend refining them. Ornaments are the most commonly neglected gear pieces as far as refining goes, but if you refine a protection ornament, you get better p def, and if you refine an elemental ornament, you get better elemental defenses around. Its actually quite important imo :o

I would just avoid that ethereal stuff. And personally I'd probably get a different ring, one that refines better because that attendance ring refines like **** x.x

Ultimately i suppose its your personal preference if you want more p-def ornaments rather than wearing at least an elemental belt. But personally, that is something I prefer, to split p def and elemental def as us archers are lacking in both.

and always refine to get the best you can out of your ornaments :>
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You may look into General's Bracers, TT90 gold wrists.

FYI, Vast Land does the about the same DPS as Blinding Radiance, so don't "upgrade" to BR.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I would just upgrade your ornaments really. You're close to r8 and if vast land held you this long it will continue to work for FC until 100.

Broad Land would be the less expensive upgrade (It's my bow until 100; +5'd) but Heaven Shatterer is worth it if you arent going r8.

As for ornaments either go Lionheart or do what I did and get a Sky Demon's Pearl and Anger of the Beast Soul. The p def really makes a difference. Definitely Misty Forest to replace the attendance ring for pvp until you get a lunar ring.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye