how long are you in pwi and what keeps you playing?

Options
fred12121
fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
and people who play it longer than 1 year, count the downsides of this game or (lol) how it got better
Post edited by fred12121 on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've been here since AoS. Genies were pretty new. In fact, when I first got them they didn't even gain exp while you were in battle. The magic points determined how many genie skills you could have so it took me a long while to realize what the whole lucky point thing was, but at that time I didn't really use as much. Many players didn't. Bounty Hunter wasn't even around yet, I don't think...if it was I wasn't high enough level to do it so it didn't really matter to me. b:chuckle

What's Gotten Better:

The Genies
    BHs helped reduced the amount of grinding it took to anything, made squads more fun
    FCC has helped higher level people and people with alts level them faster, making the game more fun
    My Gear b:chuckle
    We got the dq points system to make up for the money lost with dq items
    Auto pathing
    Rubber banding
    Tab Targetting
    Account Stash
    Super Fish Quest (Free charm!)
    APS (has some good points)
    New Classes (see aps)
    Improved graphics in the Earthguard/Tideborn areas
    Improved looks of EG/TB chars (graphics wise)

What's gotten worse

The Genies
    FCC reduced the amount of grinding/questing it took far too much and now you have people who don't know what they are doing
    DQ Items
    Game has become serious business
    Lack of genuinely new players
    Customer Service
    Community has gotten less helpful
    FBs
    Meeting new people in world quest locations
    Economy
    APS (causing a lot of problems too)
    New Classes (see aps)
    Less customization on new classes
    Some of the old, curly hairstyles got taken away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

What's gotten worse

This screwed everything up and it's results: worse community, greed of most people became insane. Idk if it's worth to tell more... Sure there are many things that improved the game but they don't compesate the opposite side.
    ^This and trying to keep up with economy made this game boring.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ive been playing sense oct 30th of 2008. Ive spent far to much time on this game to let it go to waste so im stuck with this game tell hell freezes over,i die, or tell it finnaly comes crashing down from the inside out

EDIT:only read the title lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I play this for more than 1 year now, and I got not much free time to play it, cuz of studies and stuff, so I still have a lot of things to achieve in game yet. Also cuz of my friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So, I've been playing since the Age of Spirits expansion came out....seems like forever ago. xD

My first character was a Barbarian. (Female barbs RULE! >:D)

Things that have gotten better:
    Better graphics
    Better storyline (in some parts more than others)
    Easier to level than it was before (by miles. Some parts I like...others not so much.)
    Auto-Path
    Tab to target
    New classes that are helpful and build on other's strengths/weaknesses
    The ability to trade coins for gold

Things that have gotten worse:
    Lag
    COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT (Frankie; and some of the mods)
    APS <-One of the biggest problems
    Frostcovered City babies (You know what I mean.)
    Assassins <-Big, big, big problem.
    Endgame gear in packs
    Everybody takes this game so personally
    Community has become insensitive and just plain rude.
    Help is rare these days...and a lot of this game is NOT a solo job.
    The Economy (Which has killed the ability to trade coins for gold)
    Rank 8+9 (Which has murdered TT and has almost killed Nirvana.)
    New toons, same people.
    TW has become a competition of "which faction has the most Ranks?"

This game would be a gem if they fixed some of the things like APS, Assassins, and the economy...balance the classes and make them all equally appeasing...you would attract new money, instead of the same old people.

Not that you care, or anything. Just the same suggestions people have been asking now since the Raging Tide Expansion....
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • fred12121
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fail sales and updates affected the community and customer service is not worth to mention
    i still wonder why the **** they made a mental damaged (other word i can use would be consored) cash shopper a forum moderator?
    oh wait i just answered it in the question
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    playing pwi since autumn/winter 2008.
    what keeps me playing is

-good memories what the game was
    -that the basic game is still good
    -the time and effort spent on the game (gladly no real money, think the 50 euros which i spent in 2009 don't not really count compared to what others pumped in this game)
    -the habit of playing it (or is it an addiction?)

but i get more and more frustrated when i only think of pwi and often enough i do not feel comfortable anymore while playing it.
    will sum it up like the reasons why i keep playing it

-almost everything can be bought in the shop now (i mean seriously...how much can be only obtained by playing? i can think only of tome frags, tt green mats, herbs. there are a few more but those are items almost none really wants. almost all high desired items are bought from the shop. honestly that you can get gear from the shop is horrible and 100% of the endgame gear is PURE shop items. even craftskills can be bought...)

-how the company treats the players. how they justify changes is disgusting. slap in the face. really important issues are ignored.

-how the comunity changed by pwi easy mode. selfish, unfriendly, ignorant, arrogant and mostly plain dumb. the game how it is now keeps real gamers away and attracts the "wrong" people. i mean most newer people are just here to kill time but not really to play a game.

-the speed people can get exp nowdays. the introduction of bh was nice yes, before it was really abit too hard to level past the 80's. but oracles as mass product. then 3 bh's a day, then the frost change to an exp fest...hypers....
    its too much. people skiping the game. where is the point to rush to 100? to find out that only improving gear is left? and people don't really learn anything about the game and then want to do game content with not enough knowledge of the game. its horrible for those who know the game, the instances and the mechanics. fun killer for those to be forced to squad with hyper babies....because the majority nowdays are hypered game rushers. there is sadly almost no way around them.

-the growing imbalance in every part of the game.
    let it be 5 aps. all know what problems come with it and how it is a game killer for the game as a whole.
    the imbalance between f2p and cash shopers. ofcourse i understand that cash shoping peope deserve a little advantage or nicer things than f2p people. but comon...the curent situation is far beyond everything that can be considered as alright.
    what will the cash shopers do when no f2p gamers left? no one left they can show off to. no one who farms them stuff (oh lol i forgot...no need to farm anything anymore since everything is already in the shop)

-many of those facts lead to that a casual gamer or grinder has no chance anymore compared to the past. you are forced to take part in the economy like a broker. that is perhaps always a part of the nature of an mmo. but its too much. almost an economy simulation.

the game in its basics is still a very good game. but what is made out of is terrible.
    i ask me sometimes how someone can ruin such a beautiful game on purpose.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    THIS thread again. You people aren't far from being in an asylum, stuck in a wheelchair, groaning about the good old days. God damn it, take some initiative and stop living in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Been here since the start of the international version came out, and the game has gone down enough that I dont even log on EVER. b:byeb:dirty
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've been here since day 1 HT OBT, just shamefully PWE went ban happy on my accounts, anyway...

I haven't really played this game properly since I quit playing on HL, I just started playing it casually after that, but even then, the game is a giant bore, it's the fact that pretty much since the game opened, nothing has changed in things to do, there's no "real" low/mid level dungeons to do for gear or exp, only end game stuff which is still plain boring anyway and is mainly just an aps fest.

So what keeps me playing? well I've been wanting to get my EG to 100 and make an attempt at getting some good gear underway without tossing money towards PWE, apart from that, nothing, TW is dead anyway and PK is just a who has the best gear and is there a sin lurking about waiting for an easy kill as per usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So, I've been playing since the Age of Spirits expansion came out....seems like forever ago. xD

My first character was a Barbarian. (Female barbs RULE! >:D)

Things that have gotten better:
    Better graphics
    Better storyline (in some parts more than others)
    Easier to level than it was before (by miles. Some parts I like...others not so much.)
    Auto-Path
    Tab to target
    New classes that are helpful and build on other's strengths/weaknesses
    The ability to trade coins for gold

Things that have gotten worse:
    Lag
    COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT (Frankie; and some of the mods)
    APS <-One of the biggest problems
    Frostcovered City babies (You know what I mean.)
    Assassins <-Big, big, big problem.
    Endgame gear in packs
    Everybody takes this game so personally
    Community has become insensitive and just plain rude.
    Help is rare these days...and a lot of this game is NOT a solo job.
    The Economy (Which has killed the ability to trade coins for gold)
    Rank 8+9 (Which has murdered TT and has almost killed Nirvana.)
    New toons, same people.
    TW has become a competition of "which faction has the most Ranks?"

This game would be a gem if they fixed some of the things like APS, Assassins, and the economy...balance the classes and make them all equally appeasing...you would attract new money, instead of the same old people.

Not that you care, or anything. Just the same suggestions people have been asking now since the Raging Tide Expansion....

So basically this is just you QQing about sins again...?Maybe if you would FF to 103 like the rest of us instead of grinding Foxwings and actually got good gear, you would probably stop complaining about how broken they are cause with rank 9 you actually stand a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • fred12121
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So basically this is just you QQing about sins again...?Maybe if you would FF to 103 like the rest of us instead of grinding Foxwings and actually got good gear, you would probably stop complaining about how broken they are cause with rank 9 you actually stand a chance.

its not QQ, its a fact

most people reroll sins because they are overpowered and they dont have balls to pvp as other class
    every noob sin can win against old classes easy
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Playing since Dec. 08. I wouldn't start the game again. Atm TW is keeping me in it. Otherwise I would quit.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Who am I kidding...? I also miss the times when not everybody and their hamster had rank 8/9. I have to admit, I farmed a lot to get me my free rank 8 gear, just for the hell of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I believe I came in somewhere around June/July 09. I remember my senior year was starting in a few months and I didn't wanna have to stop playing the game.
    I also remember seeing this game when it first came out. I made an account and started downloading it, but the download took too long so I cancelled it. It was back when the site just basically told you the background of the two original classes, and the elves were like watching them from afar (aka creepin).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've been playing since the beginning of October 2008. The early days of the game were the best. There were some fun events (like the first Christmas event where we actually had various quests and got prizes from them; it goes downhill every year now). FF was more interesting, though I admit I hated that materials quest. APS wasn't a big deal so anyone could get into squads. TT wasn't so heavily farmed that they felt the need to change it, so lvl 80s could farm their 90 gear. Grinding was profitable, and gold was affordable. Good gear had to be worked for. World bosses were never camped so smaller factions could take a shot at them. Cube was never camped so PvE people could run it without fear of getting pked in every room past 20. Lunar didn't cost an outrageous fee to enter so more people were willing to run it. You didn't have to have a herc to be considered a good veno.

There were some improvements, for sure. The days before autopath were difficult to say the least. I always got lost at first trying to get my bearings when flying to the next NPC lol. Also, I really do like the linking item in chat system they added. Genies can be useful for sure, they were a decent addition.

What keeps me playing? The people (not all people, there are a lot of jerks out there). My faction is amazing, and I enjoy seeing them all every day and I have fun playing with my friends. I do still enjoy the game somewhat; to keep it from getting boring I also play several classes. But if I didn't have my faction and the friends within it, I think I would have quit awhile back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • XMasqueradex - Lost City
    XMasqueradex - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i don't exactly remember when i started though i know its over a year and i was on DW as a wizard among other things..

what keeps me in game well lets see

-Faction and close friends iv made over the course of being in game
    -Although the game has gone down hill there are still days i enjoy logging on and spending time with friends either questing while talking in guild chat or doing bh with friends.
    -MOSTLY though its because i found my current girlfriend in this game in the guild i joined on LC and will probably continue to play as long as she does cause we enjoy duoing stuff (she a high lvl cleric)
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

my good sir, your an idiot. thats a fact, as is sin's being overpowered.

i been playing since closed beta on and off due to boredom, but i must say the first few months were the best this game ever was. packs and RT expansion killed it. Sins were, and are today the most over powered pvp class ever, and the best pve class with aps. simply put, r9 cant 1shot a sin when he's in stealth. but a sin can 1shot a r9 player from stealth with a simple combo, or stun and then do away with aps from stealth giving the rank player a very little chance.

the only thing keeping my playing really, is the fact i get on bs with some friends in faction chat and have a good time talkin to them. then maybe tourny event/tw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Look at my join date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Playing since Dec. 08.

Same.

What keeps me playing? The drama of course. And friends.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    day 1 doors open international side other side a month open but now only play once a week here on pwi. What keep me coming bk ppl i know other wise would have quit and play terraria or counter strike source only. Pwi management team do better pls or else might as well leave game in bot mode and gm might as well be bot 2. Just being honest with my opinion

fyi not my original acct 2nd acct from original one
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Beginning of Jan. 09. Honestly, I only really play for the people at this point. I want to hit 100, get my gear, etc but if it wasn't for who I play with and talk to, I'd have quit a long long time ago. In all honesty, the game is getting boring...you do the same things over and over and over again. Personally, I'm glad the RT expansion came out...The psy is my absolute favorite class in this game <3 Fast casting, high dmg, love them. Sin's suck yes, and they are op'd, but what can you do? Deal with it, move on, and stop complaining when they one shot you with their pro r9 b:surrender
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    whoa, I m the first one who voted "6 mounts"... so six mounts ago PWI was better than now. no progres, but degres. sometimes I think it was mistake to start play this game... bugs, errors, motorbikes... quality is low.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've been here since AoS. Genies were pretty new. In fact, when I first got them they didn't even gain exp while you were in battle. The magic points determined how many genie skills you could have so it took me a long while to realize what the whole lucky point thing was, but at that time I didn't really use as much. Many players didn't. Bounty Hunter wasn't even around yet, I don't think...if it was I wasn't high enough level to do it so it didn't really matter to me. b:chuckle

What's Gotten Better:

The Genies
    BHs helped reduced the amount of grinding it took to anything, made squads more fun
    FCC has helped higher level people and people with alts level them faster, making the game more fun
    My Gear b:chuckle
    We got the dq points system to make up for the money lost with dq items
    Auto pathing
    Rubber banding
    Tab Targetting
    Account Stash
    Super Fish Quest (Free charm!)
    APS (has some good points)
    New Classes (see aps)
    Improved graphics in the Earthguard/Tideborn areas
    Improved looks of EG/TB chars (graphics wise)

What's gotten worse

The Genies
    FCC reduced the amount of grinding/questing it took far too much and now you have people who don't know what they are doing
    DQ Items
    Lack of genuinely new players
    Customer Service
    Community has gotten less helpful
    FBs
    Meeting new people in world quest locations
    Economy
    APS (causing a lot of problems too)
    New Classes (see aps)
    Less customization on new classes
    Some of the old, curly hairstyles got taken away.

basically this lol. been here since nov 4 08. anyone else remember group holy path? <3 chapter 1 tt (1-1/2/3). holy pathing someone into hands was fun xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Aah the good old days when gold was 1m each...and I Alacrity some people down cliffs in Seat sometimes.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Aah the good old days when gold was 1m each...

You mean like a couple months ago? b:question
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh that phrase is going to catch on as time goes on.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Spend $2000 on rank 9. You can beat a sin no problem.

I like your logic there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Sirenwolf - Heavens Tear
    Sirenwolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Honestly ive played this since november of 2008 and right now my biggest 2 issues with the game is the lagg and people on here acting rude and starten drama over stupid stuff but over that i do enjoy the game very much
  • Cattt - Heavens Tear
    Cattt - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hawent played for a while coz my portable internet or laptop sox its 2 lagy for me and when im home i hawe bether things to do then sit by my pc b:laugh