Cleric Channeling max 24%?

heesi
heesi Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Cleric
Sooo, I'm wondering a bit about this so called cleric channeling glitch if you have over 24% channeling... if anyone could explain it bit further it'd be great, since I had planned to get over 24% b:cry
Post edited by heesi on

Comments

• Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There's no glitch. From what I heard the only problem having more than -24% would be the fact that your macros won't work too well because of the cooldown time, which can't be changed. I only have -15% right now (planning for a bit more tho) so I can't really tell.
  • Thistle_grey - Sanctuary
    Thistle_grey - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    People are all excited by the whole APS thing but the most impressive thing I have ever seen is my Demon cleric faction leader in action . . . with -60% channeling . . .
    "Imagination is more important than intelligence."
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I am not sure I'd call it a glitch, but IH tends to act funny at higher channeling. I had -27 and I noticed that I would, every so often, not appear to cast an IH as I was stuck in the previous IH's animation. I honestly never had a problem with it but it did appear to be weird. Perhaps it's purely a graphical hiccup than an actual glitch as no tank ever complained about not getting healed :o

As previously mentioned, macros do fail you at higher channeling as well, so don't bother using them if they are not reliable.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It is what decus is talking about, when you get to higher channeling and are spamming ih it'll start to channel but then get stuck. And instead of casting you'll sit there for half a second and then re-channel ih and cast. This can start happening before 24% channelling, though is not a common occurrence enough to make a big deal.
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I had -45% channeling pre-r9 and never had any problems. What I noticed about the IH spam as the others have said is that on the 2nd cast it would appear to have stopped casting while staying in the channeling stance. I'd always thought that it had skipped the cast animation due to contact/connection lag. I confirmed this when plume shot started acting the same way. First shot would shoot and I would start channeling the second cast, only to stay in the channeling stance. The mob, however, got hit by plume shot twice.

So yeah, there might be an animation 'glitch', but it doesn't really affect the technical gameplay. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heesi
    heesi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for the replies and everyones info b:pleased