New EPIC TW Strategy?

Comments

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Either 1) You're a total tool and have no clue how bidding works (only the LEADER can make bids) or 2) have just admitted that almost everyone in the large factions (and quite obviously) share accounts.

If 1), then I feel kinda sad for you. =\ Only the leader would make the bid, and if the leader makes the bid and has no clue of it, then either they're some kind of amnesiac zombie thing, or are engaged in 2), and honestly, 2) happens so often, if the GM's banned everyone who partakes in sharing account information, nobody would be left playing this game except for a few people.

I know a few people who don't share their accounts with anyone. But, most of the 95+ people do share their account information. I also know someone who recently sold a heavily CSed account for a large sum of money on a website.

I'm not going to waste my time reporting people for sharing accounts, putting Tideborn hair, or Earthworm eyes on their characters (ini edits), especially because the GM's don't care anymore, even though Frankie absolutely INSISTS that it's an enforced rule.

lol? that's kinda random. but whatever. reread my post. not anywhere did I discuss who can place bids (I know leader can, thanks though) or account sharing. I've no idea where you got either of these statements from, lol.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *sigh* this hate seems all too familiar >.< =/ does anyone actually just tw for fun anymore? or go about their days without talking about how much they dont like the rival faction? the arguments are old. the diplomacy sucks. the endless moot points are exhausted... where does it end? i see so much effort on every side going in...if humans on this game put this much energy into hating online, no wonder why the world is so ***** up. just calling things how i see it. im taking no one's side cuz i frankly dont give a damn. am i the only one tired of "QQ tickets this" or "QQ fake bidders that"?

all i can say is, the way this game turns people is heart wrenching to watch. you guys enjoy running in circles with the same arguments.

~peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • shalow
    shalow Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *sigh* this hate seems all too familiar >.< =/ does anyone actually just tw for fun anymore?

I do Lust!!!

I enjoy TW even tho it consists of being ganked for 3 hrs by r9's
    I find the beef that follows quite entertaining.
    sitting at a certain afk spot while other members of both factions dish out insults I find to be humorous.

People dedicate way too much of their lives to this game its became their real life almost thats why they take it way too serious.

As a member of teal faction I didn't like that it came down to the banning of the salmon faction leader as they are someone I have a lot of respect for, as well as various other members of their faction. I have always tried to be respectful to any salmon member I have came across. I'd only hope the feeling is mutual.

I'd like it if TW was just simple fun competition, but this whole personal twist it has taken... Yea it's lame.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    inter-server drama ftw?

It's like... Sanctuary's WC got lost, and found itself in this thread. So much drama...
    *sigh* this hate seems all too familiar >.< =/ does anyone actually just tw for fun anymore? or go about their days without talking about how much they dont like the rival faction? the arguments are old. the diplomacy sucks. the endless moot points are exhausted... where does it end? i see so much effort on every side going in...if humans on this game put this much energy into hating online, no wonder why the world is so ***** up. just calling things how i see it. im taking no one's side cuz i frankly dont give a damn. am i the only one tired of "QQ tickets this" or "QQ fake bidders that"?

all i can say is, the way this game turns people is heart wrenching to watch. you guys enjoy running in circles with the same arguments.

~peace

To answer your question, no. Even in the smaller factions, the tier 3 or tier 4 factions, TW is such a nightmare. It was fun when Kakumau went up against factions that we could actually compete against, and the eventual win or loss was totally unknown until we were in the TW and fully committed.

The Tier 1 factions are all business, and most are run that way even. Money, gear, farming, and everything else comes before friendship, and fun last.

TW was so competitive, all about being the 'best of the best', that it really stopped mattering for anyone unless they were in godly gear. And the worst part is, it's started rubbing off on BH's, and is trickling down through to lower BH's.

Overall, the fun has been ***** right out of this game by the players. I got tired of the drama, idiocy, and 'zomg, you can't do that!' attitude of people, the attitude of 'you HAVE to have THIS BUILD or you're USELESS' that I keep encountering. People playing this game are too narrow minded, and live in too small of a box. The Devs, GM's, and in-game mods are worse, but... I've railed on them enough in other threads to cover that.

So, to sum it up... No. This is just one big, ugly business for players now.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's like... Sanctuary's WC got lost, and found itself in this thread. So much drama...

A server without drama is a dead server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wonder why people don't post on their actual accounts....

Anyways, who cares?b:bye
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol so much name and shame b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • rginrondoo
    rginrondoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    jaxaether wrote: »
    You probably realize it's not my job to prove it to you, or to anyone else. Couldn't if i wanted to, since you're not using your main's name.

It's all a matter of "follow the money". And y'all make it pretty clear where the money is. Don't you?

Yo if it's not your job then just shut the sugar up b:pleased cuz u don't know what your talking about b:kiss

Since you don't know what your talkin about i can post from my non-main cuz i can trolllllsslslslsllslslslslslslls

and i don't understand what your money comment is plz make some sense b:surrender
  • Wyborn - Sanctuary
    Wyborn - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    vspco0.jpg

b:victory

Nice ride bruh.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "If this rumor is actually true, then is it possible that there is a connection between the two being banned for some kind of behind the scenes foul play? ;o Maybe one faction gives another faction a large sum of money, and then tells them where to place a bid?" -Strife

Behind the scenes foul play...how funny.

As for the inane possible scheme you concocted for an example, well, all I will say is this; maybe some people take this game way too seriously.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Can you guys take this faction rivalry into your own server forums? Don't make me bring Enrage vs. HT out here in General Discussion....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Wyborn - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Why don't we just stop playing these little ticketing games, and actually fight in TW?

We can clearly see from last week that salmon isn't afraid to give up lands to have a fight with turquoise. So why not just fight it out week after week? Would be more beneficial than sending in n^n tickets. b:thanks

Honestly, what is the fun in getting the other faction leader banned so they can't have TW? Doesn't that just mean one less TW for turquoise? Why form a TW faction when you don't want to TW?

Objectively speaking, if my faction leader keeps on losing bids week in and week out with 5+ lands of income, I'd question how much my leader is actually bidding.

Stop talking about the purple/salmon bidding. It's part of the game. The hidden bids were implemented to stop people from QQing about being outbid. If you want land, bid high. If you don't learn from your mistakes, you have nobody to blame but your own faction leader. (For everyone's information, this is not the first time turquoise has lost their bid... it must've been like the 4th time or something in the past 8 weeks) If you want TW, then bring it up with your own leader. Bid high, then you will have TW. I'm sure salmon members would LOVE to have TW with turquoise week in and week out. Now it's up for turquoise to take the challenge.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why don't we just stop playing these little ticketing games, and actually fight in TW?

We can clearly see from last week that salmon isn't afraid to give up lands to have a fight with turquoise. So why not just fight it out week after week? Would be more beneficial than sending in n^n tickets. b:thanks

Honestly, what is the fun in getting the other faction leader banned so they can't have TW? Doesn't that just mean one less TW for turquoise? Why form a TW faction when you don't want to TW?

I +1 this
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    I'ma just be blunt about this ticketing thing: most turquoise members stopped giving a damn about fake bids. And I find it pretty damn hard to believe that 1 person can get people banned whenever s/he feels like it. im sure other people see our faction chat, it's not like we go on a ticketing rampage. what happens behind closed doors, i do not know, but as far as i can see no one cares enough to send in tickets. hell for all i know it could be some group of people with 1year + grudge or something i dont know. the way this server acts with the taunting, naming and shaming, and just outright disrespect is quite distasteful. at least for me.

as for those "you MUST be like this" i choose to break away with that recently with my bow. i prefer having to challenge myself in tw over being able to 1 shot people. the nirvana'd bow offers about the same damage as rank 8 (pretty much on par for the most part) but i can roll stats whenever i feel like a change lol each tw, i've been getting slightly better, relying on 3 sparking less and less. hell in the last vid most kills were without any sparks lol sure i might kill only ONE cleric(getting 30-60+ kills in one tw still) but im doing my job and having fun while doing it. i simply love the challenge my gear presents to me. being surrounded (in most cases notice how many names are on my damage log) and trying to find a way out alive is actually fun.

i wish everyone on all servers would take a second (or few minutes) to just stand back and look at the mess of tw...is the drama worth your time? sure some people live for drama and whatever floats your boat. more power to ya. but overall its just pretty much disrespect. i try to respect everyone, hell even help people who i probably shouldnt. why? because what does it matter? sure, i might be a fool, but as some of you know, i care more about the person then the faction.

as for the bidding part of turquoise, while i dont always see eye to eye with wyborn, i do have to agree. if i were bidding, id try to secure my bids knowing that i may be possibly outbid more often now. sure having to bid something like 80mil would seem a bit high for me, but if meant that we got a chance for that tw, i dont see why not. naturally, i might be missing key bits of information but this is just my two cents.

and no kirby, after losing a tw we seek ways to improve. no use crying over spilled milk.

in conclusion, i know what actually happened, and i know who said what when and where. lusty knows a lot of things he shouldn't >_> but would i go as far as to call people out and such? nerp. no point in creating another 10+ pages of he said she said bullsht.

*sigh*

i miss the days of newer vindicate when tws were evenly matched without all the drama attached >.< but as someone said, a server without drama is a dead server which i guess is true. i will just show up for tw and work on my own personal goals of getting better and more skilled rather then all this bullsht going on right now lol think thats all that comes to mind atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There's a difference between drama, and 10 feet thick, wretch inducing, gut splitting, death bringing, rancid drama. I think we're to the second one, and surpassing it now.

It stops just being 'drama' when people start cheating and breaking the rules (and obviously repeatedly).

The drama was too childish for me.

The WC ****, was too childish for me.

And really, it's not just the players fault, the COMPLETE lack of any kind of enforcement of any rules at any time by any GM's doesn't help.

This is a game. It's meant to be fun. It's not meant to be a training tool on how to run a business. It's not meant to be a training tool on how to run your mouth past a swear filter. But people treat it as such.

Until the GM's start to actually Moderate stuff like world chat, and do their ****ing jobs, this game is a cess pool.

This TW BS and the ticketing warfare isn't helping. When the idiot, moron, and hamster they have at the ticket desk have to sift through 78976897897897789789 tickets saying that "XXXXX" faction leader is placing fake bids 200 times a day, it means that they're cranky as **** when an actual legitimate ticket gets sent in. That legitimate ticket is then round filed (for those children reading, that means thrown the **** away), and thus, the ticketing system is now broken as ****.

So, regardless of WHICH server, your little TW games involving spamming the Ticket system about the other faction(s) you hate, is breaking this already hideously broken game further. **** you.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "If this rumor is actually true, then is it possible that there is a connection between the two being banned for some kind of behind the scenes foul play? ;o Maybe one faction gives another faction a large sum of money, and then tells them where to place a bid?" -Strife

Behind the scenes foul play...how funny.

As for the inane possible scheme you concocted for an example, well, all I will say is this; maybe some people take this game way too seriously.

No way :o

It's not inane or hypothetical. It's happened before with some TW factions, and will probably continue to happen in some manner or another.

And if getting a faction leader banned is as easy as submitting a mountain of tickets, then the same thing could be done to any regular player, right? I'm sure if that's the case quite a few players would be getting banned all the time despite there being "no evidence" against them.
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'ma just be blunt about this ticketing thing: most turquoise members stopped giving a damn about fake bids.

You made me laugh when you said that. Why? just look at Valirah's post and my screen shots posted maybe I should refresh your memory.

Picture of Turquoise
    not giving a damn about fake bids

You may speak for yourself, but these people speak otherwise and you might be one of those few turquoise members who have a brain and realize its a game. Besides, WHO else would submit tickets against salmon + yellow? Who else can bid on archo? Who would benefit from salmon not being able to bid? Whose lands would be saved week after week from salmon not being able to bid? Which faction worked so hard to get the leader of salmon banned and yet still NOT bid on salmon for over 3 weeks. If the leader of turquoise wants to go through all that trouble at least use it to your advantage. And yes, he gives alot of damn about fake bid which can easily be inferred from above.

Edit: This just in, more pictures of turquoise not giving a damn

LoL
    U
    MaD
    As
    ****?
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    I admit I was mad (plus other things at that time) but then I came to my senses, why? Why get mad over something I obviously can't control and why should I care? As I've said before, I'm always learning and changing so my apologies to whoever may have been offended. On the other hand, I do hope not only my faction members, but also other people on the server as well will learn what I have. TWing in general turns us bad at times >_> but no reason to let ourselves be consumed about it. I can't speak for the leader or anyone else nor will i.

Edit: Also, I think it's safe to say, whatever we had done at that time, vindi wouldn't have been pleased with it lol of course why should that matter but somewhere in my mind, just maybe things didnt have to be so effed up between the two factions. i LOVE the competition vindicate brings to the table. was a bit out raged about having a faction spy or w.e but after talking about necy about a few things, theres really no way to prevent it. so might as well chill out and hop on the ride for the fun.

kudos for an actual formulated argument. ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    idk why leg always gets blamed for the tickets? i mean hell last week the fake bids messed up regis tw with vindi why didnt they get any blame :o

not saying i sent a ticket im too damn lazy to do that \o/ but when ur faking bidding and u get in trouble, uh.... wat lolz

basically stop being **** bags and ppl will stop treating you like one
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    idk why leg always gets blamed for the tickets? i mean hell last week the fake bids messed up regis tw with vindi why didnt they get any blame :o

not saying i sent a ticket im too damn lazy to do that \o/ but when ur faking bidding and u get in trouble, uh.... wat lolz

basically stop being **** bags and ppl will stop treating you like one

are you stupid, did you not view the pictures posted. It clearly states members of turquoise saying they are submitting tickets. There is clear evidence which is why we are allowed to point fingers. and how did last weeks "BID" mess up regis tw, im curious
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    well ya from the 1st time u guys did the "fake bids" but ur talking, as if leg is still sending tickets. the only picture u have proving that they "were gunna" was from the 1st instance that doesnt mean every single week they do it

and i mean with the 2 amps and what was it angles? and the papajohns or w.e that bid, it broke up the time slots so a dbl def didnt happen for vindi, at least not against higher factions

just like how this week a bid was removed from fragrant hills after it was made, so gms are watching for it now :o
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    thats cuz turquoise bid on salmon like what 3 times in total after map reset?
    First of all, the leader of papajohn is the alternate character of a person IN THE TURQUOISE FACTION. And wow you must be pretty stupid, there was a double defend, salmon gave u etherblade. How was the time slot messed up? and I was unaware of the fragrant hills bid so I do not know how to respond to that.

Lastly, how is "and i mean with the 2 amps and what was it angles? and the papajohns or w.e that bid, it broke up the time slots so a dbl def didnt happen for vindi, at least not against higher factions" relevent to any of this? Unless of course your accusing salmon of making those factions to bid on themselves
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Lastly, how is "and i mean with the 2 amps and what was it angles? and the papajohns or w.e that bid, it broke up the time slots so a dbl def didnt happen for vindi, at least not against higher factions" relevent to any of this? Unless of course your accusing salmon of making those factions to bid on themselves

I am.
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    cool story bro
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    :o i dont think u pay attention to much

kk heres break down of what i mean

week 1: vindi bids on joblie or w.e the **** it is - leg qqs gets necy banned

week2: necy banned everyone ignores vindi for some dumb reason (why get them banned if u no takey their land?)

week3:reg, leg, amp, amp spelled wrong, angels, papajohns all bid on vindi, bids go through, but the next day amp and angels are removed (or happened like sat morning or something cause i didnt look to hard on when those were, but even so they rnt on here http://i.imgur.com/h9K6p.png) also weather or not papjohns is a leg alt faction idk ticket and make gms find out, like they did to u

week4:reg, leg, YupilsHot and an unknown faction bid on vindi but the unknown is removed when bids become official. thats the frangrant hills bid im talking about

So yeah, it at least looks like vindi is bidding on its self a whole hell of a lot. If they are or not idk, gms know not me \o/ other than that ima go stop caring and eat some noodles and play some flash games see ya
  • Wyborn - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Why would we even bid on ourselves to protect our lands? We showed everyone last week that we are not afraid to give up lands when we cannot defend them. We didn't even bother trying to hold all our lands that were being attacked. Clearly we have no intention of so called 'fake bidding' to protect some of our lands, especially ones that aren't even in harm's way (Shattered Cloud).

To all the people blinded by hatred out there, just drop it. There is no justification as to why we would even bid on ourselves to protect our land after what expired last weekend. Salmon did not even show up to one of our TWs.

If you want a fight, then make sure you win your bid next week, whatever it takes. I can't speak for my faction, but I know I'll relish the opportunity to meet a strong opponent in TW.

Let's see some action now b:thanks
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why are factions being referred to by color? It's so silly lol.

Also you are using totally wrong colors. Turquoise is much more blue. The real color is more like Teal or probably Sea Green.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Why are factions being referred to by color? It's so silly lol.

Also you are using totally wrong colors. Turquoise is much more blue. The real color is more like Teal or probably Sea Green.

lol xD for a little while i was sorta confused like "wtf salmon and turquoise" lol *slow moment*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]