Delta and Seekers

CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Seeker
How big manapool and what level mana aura is needed to hold up vortex without pots or charm?
i have heard 2,1k manapool and lvl 3 mana aura, but dunno if its correct
Post edited by CatManDoo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You can't without pots/charm. If you have a charm you would be able to manage, but pots seem to work more effectively.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have around 2k mana, and the only thing I noticed in delta is that higher level mana auras just let you hold vortex for a few more seconds without having to constantly pot to hold it up. It lets you conserve your pots more, if anything. This is me not using an mp charm though, but I think a charm may be able to hold you up without pots.

Are you looking for tips to save mp pots/ticks or was this just a question of curiosity?
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I was just wondering if it is possible to hold up vortex without pots/charm, so i can save some coins and get enough big manapool for delta. i always wear manacharm (just in case) so i cant test it out.
    i noticed with 1,83k manapool and lvl 2 mana aura i ran out of mana sometimes (or maybe mob knocked me out with some effect, not 100% sure).

so dunno, maybe this 2,1k manapool and lvl 3 mana aura test was done with manacharm.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    With my GV boots on I have a 2979 mana pool. I am always charmed and even with mana 4 it still ticks consistently. Without a charm, mana 4 is what you need, but good luck getting it consistently and you still have to pot consistently.

In the end, you are going to always have to pot/charm tick.

Keep in mind, I have sage vortex/level 11.
    edited June 2011
    so basicly geting any mana shards or arcane helmet for delta is pretty much waste?
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    so basicly geting any mana shards or arcane helmet for delta is pretty much waste?

It's an arguable case for both sides, but I find herb yuanxiao sufficient enough, personally.

Obtaining mp shards and/or arcane helms would just basically give you another iteration or two of vortex, which gives you more of a gap in between charm ticks or a period when you would have to use herbs for vortex upkeep. If you feel the need for extra iterations, by all means increase your mana pool. The only difference is with a higher mana pool, your charm ticks slower and/or you have to use herbs less aggressively.

If you're looking to regulate the mp drain, the chi aura and/or the cloud eruption genie skill + sage chi skill should make it so that you can drop vortex in between waves. When the current wave is almost gone, I usually like to drop vortex and use the soulsever AoE combo to help the team kill/weaken the mobs and conserve/build my chi for the next wave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Yeah i usually drop vortex between waves and i use yuanxiao usually, charm is just incase (lags/forget hiting pot or smth).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    From some guide for mana aura:

Mana regen: - x/5 seconds

lvl1: 500 = 100MP/sec
    lvl2: 1000 = 200MP/sec
    lvl3: 1500 = 300MP/sec
    lvl4: 2000 = 400MP/sec
    lvl5: 2500 = 500MP/sec
    lvl6: 3000 = 600MP/sec

For vortex
    Lvl 1 = 289.1 MP ~ 192 MP / sec
    Lvl 11 = 435 MP ~ 290 MP / sec

So level 1 vortex requires mana 2 while anything higher needs mana 3.

To keep the skill up you are not allowed to ever fall below the MP requirement to cast.
    Going off what someone said elsewhere vortex really uses a 3 second interval. During the 5 seconds between aura refreshes this can go off 2 times which also must leave you with enough MP for another iteration. That means your MP pool must be greater than 3 iterations and since each 3 second iteration is twice the skill cost you need to have 6 times the skill cost.

Lvl 1 vortex minimum MP pool = 289.1 * 6 = 1735 MP
    Lvl 11 vortex minimum MP pool = 435 * 6 = 2610 MP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html