Fairy Box ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why would you add this its just stupid now i have a bunch of useless boxes i cant do anything with from just mild farming

for all those that think this is a good thing start thinking about how the mirage get into catshops (farmers) now think about this i as a farmer used to get about 100 mirage per day i now get 36 per char i used to sell roughly 100 mirage at 15k each thats 1.5 mill what do you think i and other farmers will now do with the very limited amount of mirage we have left to sell im sure the people that think this is a good thing will find themselves needing mirage for refine guess what you will either not find them or will find them at a price that will make your jaw drop very few people sold them on arch server before this so if you think this is a good thing enjoy buying dragon orbs and overpriced mirage for +1

Do they have Fairy Boxes for punctuation marks as well now?
    Are you now limited to zero commas and full stops a day?
    Seriously, read through your own ***** and tell me you have no trouble understanding everything without struggling..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Today I opened 6 boxes I had leftover from yesterday. I then do a TT run on another char, same account.
    well guess what "incorrect mission time span"

WTFUX is the point of the boxes not being able to go in stash when the the limit is set pr account and not pr char?
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    Zvyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wait, wait... Quick question... Only the boxes are non-tradable, right? Once you have the mirages you can trade them? That doesn't seem so bad. If they bound those mirages to the character that opened the boxes you would have more reason to complain, would you not? Seems like a nice deal to me since you can still trade them and still get mirages as a drop from bosses.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But it's limited to how many you can get a day.
  • Quinarella - Sanctuary
    Quinarella - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The limiting is to try and prevent people from Exploiting it. You know like Farming 2000 a day and selling them in Catshops for an insane amount of money. but I'm sure that someone will figure out a way to Exploit it anyway just like everything else in this game.
    NiteDream - Marshal [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The limiting is to try and prevent people from Exploiting it. You know like Farming 2000 a day and selling them in Catshops for an insane amount of money. but I'm sure that someone will figure out a way to Exploit it anyway just like everything else in this game.

No you are wrong farming stuff and selling it in shops are not an exploit its a glitch!
    This was all explained in a previous post this week.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The only people that will really suffer from this are the OP lvl 100+ farmers, no one else can farm that many mirages a day unless you sub every TT you do and live in TT
    So seriously stop complaining

I actually like this update as it makes it so easy for me to get 36 mirages a day, besides if it wasn't limited I would farm way to many of those boxes which can't be good for the ingame economy as I probably wouldn't be the only one doing this
  • Femswordtank - Lost City
    Femswordtank - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The only people that will really suffer from this are the OP lvl 100+ farmers, no one else can farm that many mirages a day unless you sub every TT you do and live in TT
    So seriously stop complaining

I actually like this update as it makes it so easy for me to get 36 mirages a day, besides if it wasn't limited I would farm way to many of those boxes which can't be good for the ingame economy as I probably wouldn't be the only one doing this

I know a 100 veno with fairly dopey gear who can run 3-1 in about an hour or so, a bit less if I'm there to use HF. She used to get a fair few mirages per run (10 or so) and do quite a few runs a day. She's not OP and she could still get more mirages a day before this update. Although you technically get more, if your doing TT every day, you don't because the boxes will just stack up unless you pick them up on alts.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is an interesting move by PW; obviously designed to make cash shop players spend more on refining aids from the boutique, as the supply of mirages will drop the prices will rise.

However, it is fairly balanced for the free/cheap players who farm their own gear and usually don't refine very high anyway. Doing a few TT runs with friends now gets you more mirages than before (if fairy boxes drop as often as mirages used to) but the "farmers" spam soloing what was designed to be a squad instance will be capped at 36 a day.

For me it's awesome, I don't buy mirages so I don't care about their value (other than when I need coin and sell some from bh or whatever) and I don't often do TT outside of double drop times (apparently I am not a DD) so even if I do end up with a stack of boxes (yay, they stack!) I'll just open them on non-TT days.

Seems like they are nerfing some of the expliots associated with 5aps without actually nerfing attack speed. No more glitched insane crit-rate at uber-speed and no more unlimited celestones from TT. I wonder what's next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Seems like they are nerfing some of the expliots associated with 5aps without actually nerfing attack speed. No more glitched insane crit-rate at uber-speed and no more unlimited celestones from TT. I wonder what's next.

This, they have been promising to find a way to make 5aps less effective for a while now. I'm guessing more changes are in store in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    did a 2-3 (no last boss) yesterday and we got 54 mirages. Are a lot, never had so many mirages from a single run. This is indeed a good update...finally
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    did now a 2-2 solo just to see those boxes and try them myself.
    no worthy green mats. 5 boxex. 30 mirages
    assume a market price of 15-19k, that makes 450-570k
    not bad at all for someone who does 1 or 2 TT's as a daily.

the hardcore farmers might be caped. but the normal players get more mirages now.
    i have to admit i stoped farming for coins a long time ago and merchant instead, doing only what i feel like to do. so i really cannot tell how much hardcore farmers loose out. but the farmers goal was never to farm mirages. mirages always were some side benefit you got along the way and in squad runs in "worthy" TT's they are never banked at all and went random, because it was not worth it to bank them.

in my opinion when "normal" player anticipate that they gain now more in average from a TT, let it be solo or squad, i think they will do it more.

if the overall mirage supply will decrease or increase depends on the players anticipation.

btw anyone had a thought why the original mirage drop got replaced by the boxes?
    my one is that in eg. the chinese version TT's became that overfarmed until the market mirage price droped to its npc value (10k coins), thus increased the amount of coins. to counter this part of coin caused infaltion they implemented it *throws out a conspiracy theory*
    but meeeh sounds logic, some intel of a chinese version gamer would be needed here.

for our version i would say intuitionally the amount of mirages will increase in total.
    for the big picture, good news.
    on the other hand, that non cash game farmers get caped...leaves a bitter taste.
  • psicho69
    psicho69 Posts: 142
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but these boxes just **** me off. I have almost 300 of them sitting in my bank atm, sure its nice that i can get 36 mirages for the next 2 months or so, but really they have been in the game less then a week and i have this many. Why should i or anyone be limited in what i can farm if i'm willing to put in the time/effort to do so? Before anyone asks no i'm not a super OP 5aps character either, but whatever yet another update that f's up TT really i shouldn't be surprised at fail changes at this point.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Instead of participating in an almost ritualistic pattern you can... I dunno.... change it up? Maybe actually run an RB (OMG WTF's THAT???!?!!?!) Or can try out the PV instance as a higher level? I know dozens who haven't changed their routine in months of playing... It's a game not a job.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • XMasqueradex - Lost City
    XMasqueradex - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    psicho69 wrote: »
    I don't know about everyone else, but these boxes just **** me off. I have almost 300 of them sitting in my bank atm, sure its nice that i can get 36 mirages for the next 2 months or so, but really they have been in the game less then a week and i have this many. Why should i or anyone be limited in what i can farm if i'm willing to put in the time/effort to do so? Before anyone asks no i'm not a super OP 5aps character either, but whatever yet another update that f's up TT really i shouldn't be surprised at fail changes at this point.

another update the f's up TT yet the majority of people so fair are praising this as a good change. because something does not cater to your wants and needs does not make it a bad update
  • Quinarella - Sanctuary
    Quinarella - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    psicho69 wrote: »
    It's Limited Because of People Like You. Its called Exploitation and that is what they are trying to prevent. 300 Fairy boxes in less than a Week???? For 7 days that comes out to about 42 Boxes a day. If you get an avg of 5-6 boxes per run that's 7-8 TT runs per day. Thats not really hard to do seeing that 1 solo run takes less than 15 min and I'm sure that there are players that can do it faster. So lets say you can do 4 Solo runs per Hr and get an avg of 5 boxes per run. That's 25 boxes per hr. Now Being the Hard Core Farmer you go and do TT's for 10 hrs (and I'm sure some peeps would do more) That would be roughly 250 boxes a day with 6 mirage stones in each. So that's 1500 mirage stones. Even if the prices dropped back down to 11k each that's 16,500,000 Coins per day. You don't see how if everyone in the game could make 16.5 mil a day would **** the game up even more than it is now????? At Current prices 36 mirage stones are worth about 540,000 coins. You Don't think that 540k per day for 15-20 min's work is enough????? I think its Fantastic!!! I use to have to farm in Hell for 3 hrs to make that much. I am Glad that it is limited and I'm Happy with 36 mirage Stones a day.
    NiteDream - Marshal [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Instead of participating in an almost ritualistic pattern you can... I dunno.... change it up? Maybe actually run an RB (OMG WTF's THAT???!?!!?!) Or can try out the PV instance as a higher level? I know dozens who haven't changed their routine in months of playing... It's a game not a job.
    Let's form a delta squad with my lvl 86 archer?
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Let's form a delta squad with my lvl 86 archer?

Was almost tempted to do a delta run with my fiance's 92 seeker on my mystic last night (he kinda signed me up to do it on my mystic, but I told him I needed it on my psychic instead for her culti). She's 87. I remember back in the day (yeah, yeah, give me my ****ing cane), 86 archers in delta wasn't really unheard of. Hell, it was doable by any class under level 90.

It'd been about 9 months since I did a full delta, and I had some fun (and netted quite a bit of coin from the run, although I got no old book pages which I need). I'd do that **** again no problem.

Anyways, as for the fairy boxes, I went into a solo 2-1 on my mystic. Got 36 mirages in one run (2 boxes per boss dropped, and 1 green mat) and I put up kitty for about a couple of hours. Sold all but 3. Since I don't want to completely fund Namari with Ivy, this is actually a godsend for her. I can do this every day or so and make money for skills and the like.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Do you get mirages or Fairy Boxes in TT1-1/1-2?

yes. i've had mirage drops in both 1-1 and 1-2 (squad mode, can't recall if solo) before these boxes, and i've had boxes drop in those TT's since. need to run a solo 1-1 to see what drops there, now...

i don't mind the boxes, but i'm yet another player who rarely runs TT. for me they're an increase in mirage drops per run, which is nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yes. i've had mirage drops in both 1-1 and 1-2 (squad mode, can't recall if solo) before these boxes, and i've had boxes drop in those TT's since. need to run a solo 1-1 to see what drops there, now...

i don't mind the boxes, but i'm yet another player who rarely runs TT. for me they're an increase in mirage drops per run, which is nice.

Yes you get them also in solo mode. But there's a limited lvl to open them O_O I Just did 1-1 Solo mode with my veno which is lvl 68 and so i tried to open and.. it says like insufficient lvl o_o wtf should i do now with these stupid boxes?! >_<
    And what is the min lvl to open em? o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Min level is 70. You just have to hold on to them until then :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

*Kills herself* Thank you :)
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

that...

...actually, that figures perfectly. they make one good change, naturally they have GOT to **** it up SOMEhow. they are, after all, PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • psicho69
    psicho69 Posts: 142
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So it would seem you can only open 6 per account, not 6 per character. Just thought i would add that, don't think its been said already.
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My guess is that this is something similar to the TW-mirages-pay fiasco we had a few months back.

From what I understand is that PW-CN is filled with coins and mirages (from HH botters?) so they need to have some sort of coin sink and mirage sink. This obviously does not apply for PWI but nonetheless we get the same patch and are stuck with it.

Personally I think it's fine. It gives the non-CS a chance to farm mirages in HH to either sell or refine their gear. Hopefully it will drop the prices on mirages with more people willing to do a few HH solo runs for profit.
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Today I opened 6 boxes I had leftover from yesterday. I then do a TT run on another char, same account.
    well guess what "incorrect mission time span"

WTFUX is the point of the boxes not being able to go in stash when the the limit is set pr account and not pr char?

I have the same problem, but a friend says to me that he open 9 already 6 with his barb n 3 with Sin, both toons same account.

Send a Ticket already lets see how it go.
  • blackrosedan
    blackrosedan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This might be a necro already but until its closed, yay for postings~

Before
    Enter TT, pay 3subs, 30mins time spent on solo TT, gets 9mirages.
    Repeat process x10, gets 90 mirages.

Time Spent = 5hrs
    Sales = 1.35mil (@ 15k per mirage, excluding mats sales)

Do this for 10days and you will have a profit of 13.5mil after the 10th day.

Now
    Enter TT, pay 3subs, 30mins time spent on solo TT, gets 6 fairy boxes.
    Repeat process x10, gets 60 fairy boxes

Time Spent = 5hrs
    Profits (average profit of 1day @ 6 boxes open per day) = 432k (@ 12k per mirage, excluding mats sales)

Do this for 1 day and you will have a profit of 4.32mil after the 10th day.
    Do this for 10 days straight and you will have a profit of 43.2mil after the 100th day.

For the rest of the 90days, you can do other things and earn coins from dq, or selling frost, or nirvana, farming herbs/crafting mats to sell etc. Overall, its so much more profitable for the same amount of time spent. If your not patient and just want instant money, open your wallet, take out your credit card, go to pwi charge zen page and please input details. Rinse and repeat. If account is max (heard that someone maxed out charging zen before, not sure if this can happen though), make another, level toon to some level (not sure what level you need to be before it allows you to charge zen), then rinse and repeat. After 5hrs, I think you will be able to afford r9, get the best other gears to compliment r9, +12 all, get a warsoul weapon along the way, and spend the rest of the time going "QQ im bored". Then 1month later get a heartattack from the Visa/Mastercard/Amex bill.

Really, this gives me more time to actually do other things, earn coins from other things, spend more time actually enjoying the game instead of "I must earn 100bil coins right now and 1shot everyone else with my +12 r9 gears tomorrow, then QQ at omg i have nothing to do and this game is boring". Yes I do still want to enjoy - and am still enjoying - the game even with all the negativity going on. If not, I would've switched to other games a long time ago.

But seriously, if you dont enjoy the game, move on. If you dont like the bugs/updates/whatever, ticket and complain to pwi and if nothing is done and you dont enjoy the game, move on. If your bored and dont enjoy the game, move on. All games have flaws and bugs etc and if you dont enjoy it, move on. Same as in rl, if you dont enjoy doing something, why bother to keep on doing it? Just move on and do other things.

Lol this is what boredom at work does to you. Write long posts and hope by the time you finish writing it you can have the motivation to continue on the work day.