Any Cube Room 38 trick?

TPstar - Sanctuary
TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
There is a bug guarding the left and a bug guarding the right wall in room 38. What's the trick now? IG or sutra seems like the only option. Please advise.
Post edited by TPstar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ShadowStorm - Raging Tide
    ShadowStorm - Raging Tide Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Dunno any trick, I just time a run straight down the middle using my Cloud Sprint and 2 x Holy Path's, but your not a BM so try chaining 2 Holy Path's down the middle
    As I look to the Horizon, I know danger is coming
    Fearing my power as a BladeMaster may not be enough,
    Ninja and Samarai skills failing, I look for someone to help avert the incoming disaster. Who will answer my call? Will it be the seeker? Or the Mystic? Or even an Earthguard at all...
    All I know is Darkness has come once again.
    And this time Light may not be enough to repel it...
    Genesis is upon us. Are you prepared for it?
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I just carefully watch the bugs and follow the wall. Might take a few tries to get it right, but it's basically all about timing. I've never tried with holy path and IG though.
  • StrangeGirl - Raging Tide
    StrangeGirl - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wait till a bug passes you and follow it along the walls
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yes lets a bug pass to your right along the wall and follow the wall on the right ..just keep right basicly lol
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    I guess you haven't enter the cube lately. There is 1 bug on each side going the wrong direction now.
  • branch88
    branch88 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Room 38 was changed in the last patch. There used to be a way to just follow the bug that comes to the entrance diagonally, but now that bug will retrace its path once it gets to the exit NPC. I passed it a couple of times with holy path towards the end. So my advice would be to save your holy path towards the end.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I just holy path straight down the middle.

If I agro a bug, I use maze steps to an IG or Tranq Orb to talk to the NPC.

But that's as a sin. As a cleric you'd be using a sutra if you agro any bugs down the middle.

I also use Deaden Nerves and Focused Mind as well. Both are life savers XD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is what I used to get my culti done for that room, and I've been able to do it since. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQycmwvI_4&feature=related

But if they actually changed it like someone said, don't think it applies. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Holy Path down the middle, turn left or right if you see a bug ahead, talk to npc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The hug the wall thing still works. Stay quite close to the bug on the second part - when it turns round to go back it swings out quite wide and didn't aggro me.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    The hug the wall thing still works. Stay quite close to the bug on the second part - when it turns round to go back it swings out quite wide and didn't aggro me.

That sound quiet useful. Any estimation where it swings out? 5 hands away from npc? or more?
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just wait and see that there are no bugs coming, holy path hug wall on the right till you reach the corner, plant yourself in the corner lol so bugs cant aggro you if they pass, rest and let your genie refill, make sure there are no bugs incoming again, and holy path to NPC. Works everytime b:victory
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    That sound quiet useful. Any estimation where it swings out? 5 hands away from npc? or more?

I've only been in that room in cube once since the patch, I didn't even realise it had changed.

I pretty much hugged the bugs butt - any closer and it would have aggro'd me. That worked. Don't know how far behind you can safely wait.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have hit that room a few times since the new patch. It is slightly more stressfull with the bugs but the hands seems to be 100% timed when they explose on the right side.

I usually just wait for a bug to pass going to the left (before I would follow it), hit the mid point and sit until the bug passes again to the left (again before I would follow) and holy path or charger orb the rest of the way.

They have changed the path of the bugs and it is annoying...I have heard people getting hit with the bug in that mid corner though, it gets amazingly closer now then it used too. b:surrender

Basically what others have said, just they are a little more annoying -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I did room 38 once after the new patch...

I was waiting as always for the middle-diagonal ant to come, but it never did. So i noticed there is an ant that goes back and forth on left side, and decided to go with it as soon as i could.

I started running but then ive seen it get back on his path. I was near to the wall (not hugging it) and it passed by, at this moment i thought i was done. But surprisingly, i escaped without dieing.

Just stick with your usual path and there will be no problem...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i do basically the same thing as the other but i use the left wall around...wait till the bug come straight at you then turns to your left then just follow it all the way around...works about 98.9% of the time but ya always got the times when the hands just are out of sink and screws up your timing because ya have to wait for them to explode...but heck nothing is perfect :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Thanks everyone. I hide at the left diagonal corner and wait it out. The bug came very close, but it didn't hit me. And the hand was very close too.

Now it is back to 2 cube runs a day again. b:bye