Your Opinions...

Options
VileBlack - Archosaur
VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Just curious as to why YOU think they have a 3 day waiting period to switch safety lock's time. I get why there would be a 10 hour minimum for PK, I mean if a high lvl just wanted to go kill a bunch of people and switch back, that would be stupid. But why safety lock? It's my own fault I overlooked that I couldn't NPC stuff, but it made me curious why there would be a waiting period. Please leave your thoughts and opinions about the reasoning behind this.

Thank you!
Post edited by VileBlack - Archosaur on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This games safety lock is one of the worst ideas for a defence against hackers robbing you of your stuff, if the devs even bothered to check other games, they would see that the company Trion has a much better version of safety lock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    Makiruxx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Look at it this way, if you got **** and had your safety lock set for a long period of time, it wouldn't make sense if they could just change it back immediately to steal all your stuff. At least the wait they set gives you a chance to save it, depending on how long you set it for.

Sure it's an inconvenience, but it's a life saver as well.
    =P
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    Makiruxx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This games safety lock is one of the worst ideas for a defence against hackers robbing you of your stuff, if the devs even bothered to check other games, they would see that the company Trion has a much better version of safety lock.

^ Agreed.

But eh, at least its something.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

You seen w0ws? Type delete in a box and your **** is gone. (Admittedly their customer service will retrieve it... but still).

Its delayed because its supposed to make it difficult for someone to log on and sell all your ****. With a 6 hour SL your hacker would have to hope you dont log on for 6 straight hours and that you dont force them off while the SL is ticking away. IF they could log on and go "lol 1 minute" relog and sell your ****, SL would be pointless.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So the general consensus here is that safety lock is to prevent hackers from stealing your things and not for PK. I did not know that, thank you for your answers.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So the general consensus here is that safety lock is to prevent hackers from stealing your things and not for PK. I did not know that, thank you for your answers.

;)

Lil tip, ive personally found 45 minutes to be a great SL time. Long enough to allow some PvP without relogging avery 5 minutes (Every half hour ish if you plan to PK for hours), but short enough it doesnt prevent you doign things you need to (Handing over molds from FBs, NPCing **** etc.)
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sleepy ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Infernia. My downfall was that I set it to 3 hours. Maybe not a big deal for some, but when I maybe log in a few times a day, but only for an hour or 2, it becomes a pain. Though I agree with maybe a half hour or so...then I won't have to leave PK. I have a low lvl sin I use for it and it's fun having to watch your back all the time. Though in secret passage I've been PKed a hundred times. I know it's bannable, but it makes it fun.
  • kerberous
    kerberous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why did they make SP bannable for pk!? This has gotta be the biggest scam they've pulled yet...kinda funny they do it right at the same time as more rep goes on sale. I play on a pve server cause I like to go pk sometimes with people my own level. now the only place people pk are at west gate...NOBODY in their right mind goes to west gate unless they are rank 8-9. So what we have to have hundreds of dollars to blow on a game to just have fun? It's no fun going against people that one shot you!
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kerberous wrote: »
    why did they make SP bannable for pk!? This has gotta be the biggest scam they've pulled yet...kinda funny they do it right at the same time as more rep goes on sale. I play on a pve server cause I like to go pk sometimes with people my own level. now the only place people pk are at west gate...NOBODY in their right mind goes to west gate unless they are rank 8-9. So what we have to have hundreds of dollars to blow on a game to just have fun? It's no fun going against people that one shot you!

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

I have mine set at 1 hour just for pk purpose.
    When it was set I wasn't thinking about hackers,
    I was thinking about not dropping my wings again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tadpole_ - Archosaur
    Tadpole_ - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was in PK mode for a while. I'm a low level so still doing bh29. I found it fun trying to survive SP. The first time I got PKd, I thought "what the hell" and threatened to report them, but after I released and thought about it, I realized that it'll be fun and a challenge. There were 2 of them, I was in a squad with a 90+ sin in PK and we were in a hurry so he just went in and wrecked them both. These guys PKd me so much they were pink and when the sin killed one of them, he dropped a bunch of stuff. The sin was a real stand up guy though, he didn't take any of it. Also one time a barb in PK walked up to me and took one swat, I was lucky it missed, and when I talked to him he said he needed chi. Moral of the story...?? But I had fun while trying to survive PvP in SP.
    Tadpole_ FTW
  • Femswordtank - Lost City
    Femswordtank - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

I have mine set at 1 hour just for pk purpose.
    When it was set I wasn't thinking about hackers,
    I was thinking about not dropping my wings again.

I feel your pain about dropping a flyer, 6M down the crapper.
    Although mine was the stupidest reason ever, AoE'd someones pet during pq because I forgot to turn pk off after doing stuff with some other faction members and the person killed me whilst I was still attacking the mob. b:laugh