lets make this game somthing orignal

Sariem - Archosaur
Sariem - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
i have played pwi for almost a year and while i enjoy it every time i play i continually feel underwhelmed by the lack of anything special that makes the game its own not just bits and pieces of other games. it need a selling point so to speak some that seprates this game from any other like:

actively being able to doge attacks (a.k.a choosing when to doge) or being able to alter the aperance of your weapon via an editor system

just a couple of sugestions. post any ideas and hopefuly we will be lisened to by our all mighty developers
Post edited by Sariem - Archosaur on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Being able to actively dodge would require the hit marker physics and a manual aim game, there aint no way this would happen on this out dated game, especially since the original devs got fired so the coding will never change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wonder who the hell even fired the original devs... =_="

Anyway... the original part of the game is character customization. If you find a free to play mmo with char customization this advanced.
    Tell me, I'm interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
    Foxieee_trek - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ^same
    venomacer lvl 80b:pleased
    assasin lvl62b:victory
    Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
  • Sariem - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    while true that the customization is incredible it dosent make up for the lack of uniqe gameplay components sooooo yay i made a uber unique character but i want to feel like i have some control over my battles other than pressing skill 1, 2, and 3 i want to feel like im doing some thing other than pointing and clicking and watching my character beating up some monster. i want some thing special about the gameplay. i dont think its much to ask
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I haven't really seen MMO's that weren't clicking buttons to kill stuff b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Sariem - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    1. look up guild wars 2
    2. im not saying that a mmo cant be point and click but thats not all it should be
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    to make this game like that would need a **** load of work. your basicly changing the very foundation on which the game itself is built, or at least part of it. something like this idea may also be harder in general to pull off. which is why you don't see many mmo with a battle system like that. which is kinda sad, the idea is good and it makes it so you require SKILL to play. nearly all mmorpgs involve click on a target, clcik a skill and watch the target die, it's not really a formula for exciting gameplay is it?

well there IS a mmorpg that's comming out that uses real time combat where you have to dogde and what not or you'll die hell you even have to time your attacks even. sadly it's P2P and isn't finished just yet.
  • Sariem - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    your response is well thought out thank you for that im sick of people making stupid posts thhat how topics get off subject. now i know these are large changes but thats why i created this thread so people could ask for something that would make this game a little more original so and i only included my ideas so not every thing has to have a major change but mabey something like being able to customize your armor or weapons more than just the color or somthing like that.
  • Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well there IS a mmorpg that's comming out that uses real time combat where you have to dogde and what not or you'll die hell you even have to time your attacks even. sadly it's P2P and isn't finished just yet.

I know we ain't allowed to name other MMOs here, but could you tell me the game's name in a PM? Would be much appreciated b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    to make this game like that would need a **** load of work. your basicly changing the very foundation on which the game itself is built, or at least part of it. something like this idea may also be harder in general to pull off. which is why you don't see many mmo with a battle system like that. which is kinda sad, the idea is good and it makes it so you require SKILL to play. nearly all mmorpgs involve click on a target, clcik a skill and watch the target die, it's not really a formula for exciting gameplay is it?

agreed. you're looking at more than just a change in the battle system. a syste like this would made things way too easy with the current enemies. they would have to be redone to make for more entertaining gameplay. mobs would need a new set of skills and new animations that they need to preform just before they use their skills (so the players could know something big is coing to move out the way). currently you can see a mob powering up a skill and run a mile away before he casts it and yet it STILL hits you lol. the skills and animations would be big work, one would be surprised at how much freaking work a 2 second animation could take, then multiply that per every kind of mob in the game and you'll see that your looking for some work. and the coding for the A.I isn't even in the equation yet (lol i think A.I coding is harder than animations i'm not sure). something like this would mean the devs would have to break everything down besides the storyline and the setting.

your response is well thought out thank you for that im sick of people making stupid posts thhat how topics get off subject. now i know these are large changes but thats why i created this thread so people could ask for something that would make this game a little more original so and i only included my ideas so not every thing has to have a major change but mabey something like being able to customize your armor or weapons more than just the color or somthing like that.

your wanting something original is good. hell i'm sure everyone would jump for joy if this idea were to be added, imagine it, being able to target spots on a mob's body to weaken it, timing skills and spells for max damage. but it's been stated several times, ideas that require massive changes like yours won't be considered, your basically suggesting to remake the entire game lol.

as for customizing your gear, the jury is still out on that one. but knowing PWI if they did that they would **** it up epically, just like they did with the alliance suggestion.
  • Sariem - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    ok thank you for the comment but im past the dodging and stuff and i think that customization of armor would be a good touch like buying a customization armor spike or metal skull and being able to place it anywhere on the armor simmilar to the character creation system just an idea