Decent class for Farming

Gau - Dreamweaver
Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I am wondering what class you all think would be the most profitable to make as a secondary character, to mainly just farm for items. I am trying to collect Dragon Quest items to get the mount but it seems I can not ever get the DQ20 or 31 items to ever drop. I know I read that your drop rate will lower the higher your level,so any opinions to this? Any input is much appreciated.
Post edited by Gau - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol...you know everyone is gonna say veno.

Then somehow flesh ream will come up and your thread will turn into a flamewar.
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Well I saw that it said veno alot,but I was actually trying to get a non-bias opinion but alas I actually should not expect that
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BM or Veno if you're going for low DQ I would think.
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    I know when I was a lower level Blademaster I was getting alot of the Dragon Quest 20 items but foolishly sold them to npc but I wasnt sure if there was maybe a statisticly better class for it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you're going to be farming in FBs and TT, where all the mobs are elite, then the veno is unquestionably better. But against regular mobs it really boils down to who can kill quickest with minimal downtime.

If you can manage to swing a decent amount of mp regen gear off auction, a cleric can farm better than a veno. Their spells hit harder. I tested farming antelopes with a 30 cleric and 30 veno. The veno was 3-shotting them, but the cleric was 2-shotting them, primarily due to that cleric buff which increases mag attack. This is highly dependent on weapon of course. I tested using the same weapon for both characters, but if it had been a slightly weaker weapon both would've been 3-shotting.

The veno's biggest advantage was being able to swap hp and mp to convert hp regen into mp regen, leading to almost no downtime. So if you load up a cleric with mp regen gear you should be able to counter that advantage and have little downtime with a higher kill rate.

The veno is also safer due to the pet holding aggro. But the cleric can fly up to safety prior to level 30.

I suppose I should also mention that I made these alternate perma-30 characters to farm hay, mats, and DQs. But I found it easier to just set up a cat shop buying this stuff. I keep a bit for my own use and sell the rest, and it more than pays for what I use.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I find my money came from farming TT solo modes with a magmite, and then later farming DQsin swamp of the wraiths/forest of haze in my 60s. Good mat finding spots, good drops, got me my herc. Now I solo FB89 Eden, and TT1-2/1-3 squad for $.

GL, my vote says veno :P (yes biased, but whatever)
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009

soo true ^^
  • Sagrath - Heavens Tear
    Sagrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009

OP
    I find my money came from farming TT solo modes with a magmite, and then later farming DQsin swamp of the wraiths/forest of haze in my 60s. Good mat finding spots, good drops, got me my herc. Now I solo FB89 Eden, and TT1-2/1-3 squad for $.

OP

b:cute
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    veno just use a veno
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009

it's possible to solo TT with just golem?! wow not gonna give up my veno then
    edited May 2009
    it's possible to solo TT with just golem?! wow not gonna give up my veno then

only in solo mode
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xhinzo - Harshlands
    Xhinzo - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Venomancer!
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Have a group consisting of...

1 Barbarian
    1 Blademaster
    1 Cleric
    1 Archer
    1 Wizard...

AND MOST OF ALL...

1 Venomancer.

I pwn everyone's advice. oh yea
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BM or Veno
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Concider farming mid mat mines instead (willow, Manganese, Rubstone, and Fine Coal). 5 of each of these can make 1 Ultimate Substance which is valued at 75-85K on HT server. Refer to the follow links to develop a route that suits you:
    Willow
    Manganese
    Rubstone
    Fine Coal
    I recommend the area surrounding Swiftwind and Broken Plain though there are good routes elsewhere if you are high enough level to survive them. Another fair route runs from Hill of Old King south to west of Bamboo Village. Yet another surrounds sundown town and valley of disaster area. Most of these routes are well known and you will find stiff competition so don't expect to be able to farm them every time. If your route is being farmed you might try waiting for the guy running it and follow him around - learn his route... don't name call or intimidate. All mines are fair game. No one has a right to a route or a mine - though some act that way.

Even without a mount you should be able to collect upwards of 12-15 mats per circle - about 70-80 per hour. 70 per hour = 280K coin per hour. Thats probably 2 to 3 times what you can earn grinding (unless u are very high level). On a mount you can earn up to 400K per hour farming mines. Boring as hell though.

I recommend running a route for no less than 2 hours straight - no breaks. It will take 1/2 an hour just to gain control of the route from the random mine snatchers. If someone else is running it, go to a secondary route. You should develop 2 or 3 good routes to give yourself options.

The mats respawn exactly every 10 mins and 10 sec. Try to time your route to be back exactly when it respawns so you don't loose the mine to someone else. If a mine is picked when you arrive pause there for 10 sec just to keep your timing right. Avoid mobs. If you fly down directly above a mine most melee attackers will not be able to hit you. Range attackers still will. Try not to spend time killing unnecessary mobs as this will throw off the timing of your route.

Ok now I have given away the bank. Get out there and make me some Ultimate Subs... My Herc is hungry for TT :)

P.S. I play a level 74 veno and really enjoy running TT 2-1 single mode. My average net profit from each run is about $200K. I gave up farming for my own ult subs. This means I pay 150K for the subs to run TT once. Someone out there is getting stinking rich off me. I make 200K, he makes 150K. I spend 1/2 hour in TT. He spends 1/2 hour farming mats. He is more patient than I am but he needn't be high level. Anyone over lvl 40 can farm mid mats. There are some who think we venos get stinking rich soloing TT. Don't buy it. Some high level veno's (with a $200 herc) are capable of soloing party TT where they are able to make a decent profit. The rest of us squeak by same as all other players, struggling for weeks to get the next armor. The real profit for a veno isn't killing power or speed it grinds. The benefit of a veno is it's lack of expense. Armor doesn't get dented. We don't use much pots. We don't need charms. And if you are a real cheapskate you can get by with the armor that drops from mobs.

OK I'm ready to be flamed for giving away the best secret gold making scheme. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Thank you all for your input on this
    edited May 2009
    According to the forums, Venos are good for everything but are still hated xD

edited May 2009
    According to the forums, Venos are good for everything but are still hated xD

Q.Q i think im the only veno trying to help here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    ok here

BMs can solo TT from wat i hear but it is extremely hard on them and they go thru alot of gold charms quickly

a veno can solo TT with a crystaline magmite only in solo mode, but with a herc, they can both solo and squad mode TT

Clerics can solo multiple bosses including mantavip, same with wizards i think (or wizards just suck, cuz i never hear much on them)

Barbs can grind for hours make a mil and spend bout 25%+ of it on their repair bills

an archer....cant really solo alot other than other people in pvp from wat i hear lol

well thats wat i got take it how u will
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Concider farming mid mat mines instead (willow, Manganese, Rubstone, and Fine Coal). 5 of each of these can make 1 Ultimate Substance which is valued at 75-85K on HT server. Refer to the follow links to develop a route that suits you:
    Willow
    Manganese
    Rubstone
    Fine Coal
    I recommend the area surrounding Swiftwind and Broken Plain though there are good routes elsewhere if you are high enough level to survive them. Another fair route runs from Hill of Old King south to west of Bamboo Village. Yet another surrounds sundown town and valley of disaster area. Most of these routes are well known and you will find stiff competition so don't expect to be able to farm them every time. If your route is being farmed you might try waiting for the guy running it and follow him around - learn his route... don't name call or intimidate. All mines are fair game. No one has a right to a route or a mine - though some act that way.

Even without a mount you should be able to collect upwards of 12-15 mats per circle - about 70-80 per hour. 70 per hour = 280K coin per hour. Thats probably 2 to 3 times what you can earn grinding (unless u are very high level). On a mount you can earn up to 400K per hour farming mines. Boring as hell though.

I recommend running a route for no less than 2 hours straight - no breaks. It will take 1/2 an hour just to gain control of the route from the random mine snatchers. If someone else is running it, go to a secondary route. You should develop 2 or 3 good routes to give yourself options.

The mats respawn exactly every 10 mins and 10 sec. Try to time your route to be back exactly when it respawns so you don't loose the mine to someone else. If a mine is picked when you arrive pause there for 10 sec just to keep your timing right. Avoid mobs. If you fly down directly above a mine most melee attackers will not be able to hit you. Range attackers still will. Try not to spend time killing unnecessary mobs as this will throw off the timing of your route.

Ok now I have given away the bank. Get out there and make me some Ultimate Subs... My Herc is hungry for TT :)

P.S. I play a level 74 veno and really enjoy running TT 2-1 single mode. My average net profit from each run is about $200K. I gave up farming for my own ult subs. This means I pay 150K for the subs to run TT once. Someone out there is getting stinking rich off me. I make 200K, he makes 150K. I spend 1/2 hour in TT. He spends 1/2 hour farming mats. He is more patient than I am but he needn't be high level. Anyone over lvl 40 can farm mid mats. There are some who think we venos get stinking rich soloing TT. Don't buy it. Some high level veno's (with a $200 herc) are capable of soloing party TT where they are able to make a decent profit. The rest of us squeak by same as all other players, struggling for weeks to get the next armor. The real profit for a veno isn't killing power or speed it grinds. The benefit of a veno is it's lack of expense. Armor doesn't get dented. We don't use much pots. We don't need charms. And if you are a real cheapskate you can get by with the armor that drops from mobs.

OK I'm ready to be flamed for giving away the best secret gold making scheme. b:surrender

Nice post!

• OggoKing - Sanctuary
    OggoKing - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Probably 5aps sin for farming lol farming with barb is no greatb:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Wow... That is one BEAST of a necro!
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Oh look, its NecroKing again... this is getting old.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Didn't leave me feeling exhausted. Fail necro.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I agree with necro guy, it's a great idea to make a 5 aps sin to farm level 20-30 mobs for drops. /what?
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't say veno. I say mystic.. :P

Anyhow, mystics can also make some good things in tt.
    I mean, i only needed to be lvl 67 to kill everything in tt1-1 solo mode.
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
This discussion has been closed.