Auto-path and the consequences

sannui
sannui Posts: 0
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hello guys! In this thread will I tell you guys what I've think what should be changed in the Auto-path system and the consequences. First of all, the Auto-path is one of the best things in the game. But compared to the other games you've created... the Auto-path in Perfect World International is just going the straight way, the other games for example: Battle of the Immortals, Ether Saga, Forsaken World, Jade Dynasty and Heroes of Three Kingdoms... in those five games are the character going right, left and going on the road. On Perfect World International can you for example fall from a mountain, stuck somewhere and collide somewhere. So what I'm saying is that you guys should change the Auto-path system just the way it is in your other games. Anyways, it works well for the Winged Elves who can fly high in the sky without worry about collide somewhere or fall or stuck somewhere and so can the level 30's. But, many plays as Winged Elves just because of the Auto-path. But playing in the same race all the time sucks. So, I've hope you've guys can at least think about this thing. Thanks for reading.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver
    Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    consider yourself lucky - back in the good old days you never even had a quest log never mind clickable autorouting - find new quests would pop up a series of boxes with npc names - and you had to find them yourself!

the games you listed were all built WITH autopath from the beginning, i.e it was part of the original coding so they were designed to use a sort of way point system. PWI did not add it's current autopathing until the game had been running for a while (due to player requests who would believe it!)

as I recall the original development team had moved on by this point - and pwi are in the habit of taking the quick and dirty route to fixing / building things - so we ended up with this straight line approach. unikely at this late stage that pw will do anything to change this as flygear is available to all classes by about level 10/20 (boutique) - a couple of hours play time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You re asking PWI to fix something for the good of the players?? b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • sannui
    sannui Posts: 0
    edited June 2011
    I've already knew that there wasn't an auto-path from the beginning, and I've said that the auto-path system is one of the best thing sin the game. But, realize... that is a possible way for players to loose more experience.
  • Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver
    Bow_Wow_Wow - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    by the time you get to a level where xp loss matters (that in itself is relative with the ease of regaining xp these days) most people have learned not to autoroute on the ground. if they havent the xp loss teaches them a lesson.

imho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]