Question about interval bonus stacks

k4w411
k4w411 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Hello all b:cute

I have a dilemma in trying to understand how exactly interval bonus stacking works. Whilst I do have some knowledge regarding the matter, a recent problem is what brought me here to the forums. Here's the problem:

I happen to have a rank 8 assassin with the following pieces of gear that have either direct interval adds or are bonus from sets:
*Rank 8 top yields -0.1 interval bonus
*TT99 Ashura's Bracers and Boots yield a total of -0.15 with bonus
*TT99 Lionheart's Necklace and Belt yield -0.05 with bonus
*Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade yields -.05 interval bonus

I just recently managed to finish farming the tt99 accessories posted above, which yielded me a total of -.35 interval bonus. My dilemma starts as follows: Before I had the tt99 accessories, my normal interval with daggers (unsparked) was 2.00 aps ;demon sparked it would go up to 2.86 aps. After I equipped the tt99 accessories, I was excited I would be a tad faster now but to my horror the aps did not increase(to an extent). With the tt99 accessories equipped, my aps (with daggers and unsparked) is 2.22 aps which is definately a tad bit higher than the previous 2.0 aps; however, when demon sparking it stays at 2.86 aps (same aps it was BEFORE the tt99 accessories were equipped).

My question is, am I perhaps overlooking something to which my aps rate does not increase when demon sparked, yet it does increase unsparked? Whilst wearing fists, the aps rate does increase (while demon sparked), yet with daggers it does not b:surrender

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. b:thanks
Post edited by k4w411 on

Comments

• Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think its just an odd bug... Sure you wernt under an atk rate debuff? Had chill of the deep on? Tried reloggging and fulll unequipping etc?
  • Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear
    Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    heh yeah i had the same problem. when I was 2-2.22 APS. I am thinking it is more the games mathematical error. I think it is such a small margin since the difference is 0.22 in the two different settings so with a calculator when i did the math I got 2.00/0.25 = 0.5 which would be about 2.5 APS. Whilst when you do the same with 2.22/0.25 you get 0.555% which results in 2.775 APS. I am assuming they just rounded it off so technically 2.00 should be slightly slower but they decided to just put it at a default value.

this is my guess of course I can be 100% wrong though.
    I do hope this helps a bit
  • PwntWtf - Heavens Tear
    PwntWtf - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its because interval is at a preset the amounts are like 2.22 2.86 3.33 4.0 ect get the cape ull be 3.33 i believe keep in mind sins are a tad harder to obtain 5. on because of the slower dagger rate but ya cape tome or int weapon and u should be increased
    knowledge comes because i am a 5.0 bm this acc isnt ma main :p
  • k4w411
    k4w411 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think its just an odd bug... Sure you wernt under an atk rate debuff? Had chill of the deep on? Tried reloggging and fulll unequipping etc?

No, I was not under an attack rate debuff nor did I have chill of deep on. I did try relogging and re-equipping gear to see if it would fix the problem, but to no avail b:surrender
    ya cape tome or int weapon and u should be increased knowledge comes because i am a 5.0 bm this acc isnt ma main :p

I did list that I happen to own Energetic Robe:Lunar Glade xP
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's because of scaling and rounding to a valid attack interval.
    First, if your attack interval is X then your demon sparked interval is 0.75 X.

Not all attack intervals are actually valid so for every 4 steps X is decreased 0.75*X can only decrease 3 steps.

This means 0.75*X has to skip a step every 4 steps X decreases. You found one of those cases.

If you were to plot your unsparked interval against your demon sparked interval it would look similar to the line below but with a slope of 0.75
    http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/antialiasing/drawn_jaggies_mag.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Not all attack intervals are actually valid so for every 4 steps X is decreased 0.75*X can only decrease 3 steps.

This means 0.75*X has to skip a step every 4 steps X decreases. You found one of those cases.

If you were to plot your unsparked interval against your demon sparked interval it would look similar to the line below but with a slope of 0.75

Ast beat me to it... and with a lengthy explanation, dammit I was asleep I wanted to answer the question! Had to explain it to a friend a few days ago b:surrender
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011

That would explain why Relentless Courage doesnt increase attack rate at all for some increases in Genie Dex.

Woo, thanks for indirectly explaining that b:thanks
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My sin, with Bracers of Blood Moon, Rank 6 chest, and Legendary daggers for level 76, has an APS of 1.54. With Hook and Thorn, I'm at 1.67. Using Rentless Courage or being in Red Bubble, both daggers put me up to 2.0.

If I had the Wraithgate cape, I would go to 2.22 in RB with Hooks, and still be 2.0 in RB with the 76 legendary daggers.

All it means for me is that when I'm in RB, I switch from Hook and Thorn to another set of TT80 daggers without -int, since the -int addon does nothing for me in that case, since the other TT80 daggers do more DPH, and at 2.0 vs 2.0, do more DPS. Once RB is down, I switch back to Hooks.

I keep the 76 legendary daggers for reducing my DPS, and they have Blood Defect, so I can survive if I accidentally pull aggro. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level