Rank 9 Psychic or Mystic?

Shojo_ai - Harshlands
Shojo_ai - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Question says it all. I have a r8 Psychic and Mystic and I am horribly conflicted.

One of these I want to go for r9 but I just can't decide! I greatly enjoy playing bolth classes yet only one I must chose.

So I'm going to ask PWI your opinions on the matter, this toon will be mostly for open pvp and some TW. Lets here some pros and cons fro, both sides and help put my torment to rest!

Thx in advanced guys! *And please no flames if possible.* b:chuckle
Post edited by Shojo_ai - Harshlands on

Comments

• ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    no R9 for EGs yet..

go Psy R9
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Shojo_ai - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    no R9 for EGs yet..

go Psy R9

I know they don't have it yet, but they will.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons to there specific pvp capabilities with r9?
    edited June 2011
    Psy with +10/12 weapon have amazing soulforce
    i heard somewhere that a piece of r9 gives some extra soulforce
    but R9 Psys are beast in 1 vs 1
  • Shojo_ai - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Psy with +10/12 weapon have amazing soulforce
    i heard somewhere that a piece of r9 gives some extra soulforce
    but R9 Psys are beast in 1 vs 1

Thx for your input!

So anyone else have a comments regarding these 2 classes with r9 and there pvp capabilities?
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    check pw.calc for stat builds then compare skills on ecatome then base combos and logic to find your answer. simple it tends to be faster then waiting forever to get replies

sorry if the post seems rude jus trying to be honest. mystics are not point an click nor are psys. So it isnt just a this this = that basis. The difference is do you intend to invest the same time effort and money into 1 or the other. If so pick a class you enjoy then it works well. Jus a tip. Though if you like mystics go veno for farm based aspects or cost basis.I t is far better for certain things. Others no so much. Jus sayin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Full rank 9 psy = killing while afk
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
    edited June 2011
    If your that stupid to get urself killed while killing them then ya. If you know what your doing you wont die. Its common sense basis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• Shojo_ai - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    If your that stupid to get urself killed while killing them then ya. If you know what your doing you wont die. Its common sense basis.

I'm hearing mixed signals here hehe. But thx again for the input.

It's a tough decision I really need to ponder it.
    edited June 2011
    Eh it is not that psy's are not powerful nor that mystics are not nor that psy's are weak or mystics are. It is how you play the char. If you intend to make a char just for pvp or just for pve or both or farming or what not. It depends on how you yourself like to and wish to play. That being the basis behind what I am talking about.
    A good player that puts the effort and time in to get the experience. Can do things that a straight cash shopper can't with far more ease as well within reason. Using common sense itself tends to be far a better aspect then not.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You will melt faces as a R9 psychic in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    R9 = auto pro at pvp where everyone with a CC want's to be as good as you.

this game should be changed to Credit card World.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Go with Psy. Mystics get alot of their functionality from their plants / summons. I don't think those get any benefit from the attack levels / defense levels of R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Psy

So much more pro @ r9 ijs
    edited June 2011

i shot an arrow.. a single arrow at a r9 psy with his SoV on..
    i did 5k to myself cause his soulforce was soo high..
    insta charm tick..
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    cant say without looking at what the mys rank 9 things are but as a psy the belt give +700 phy res. and all other res.as well.+10 vit +10 mag atk lvl +3 soulforce +2500. i am working on the armor and weapon now.b:shutup
  • gmsx
    gmsx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Go with Psy. Mystics get alot of their functionality from their plants / summons. I don't think those get any benefit from the attack levels / defense levels of R9.

Asterelle is right and wrong
    Go for psy ,thats the right
    i dont think summons benefit form attack lvls, thats the wrong
    im mystic i tested it
    dont get me wrong i like my mystic but we still try to learn and figure the class though
    you want to spend $ for a psy that you will be sure about everything or a class that we dont know that much and what the r9 will be
    good luck
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Summons attack lvls and defense lvls are based on the armor and weapon you use...So yeah...R9 make a great difference
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Summons attack lvls and defense lvls are based on the armor and weapon you use...So yeah...R9 make a great difference

They only get 50% of your attack level. So the average R9 summon will only receive around 45 attack levels compared to the 90+ the mystic gets.

Average R9 pet vs r9 wiz will get 2-shot (sometimes 3 shots) by a wizard, so yeah they don't scale well at all :/.

However R9 on the actual mystic itself is still pretty badass imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Should get rank 9 on the character you like to TW/pvp with. Psychic does more damage of course and has aoe's and stuff. But rank 9 on mystic isn't bad either, but a mystic play's another role than psychic.

As for mystic summons. Atk levels effect all pets. However, for example 30 atk level only makes your pet do about 15% more damage instead of 30%. Same counts for thicket.

If you want to test it, make sure you resummon your pet everytime you take of your wep or jones blessing or equip it again. Seems like the attack level is passed through to the pet when it's summoned only.

Only absorb soul doesnt seem to be effected by atk lvls at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • SonH - Dreamweaver
    SonH - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I suggest you go Rank 9 Psy, if you're good at your Psy of course. Rank 9 Psy are amazing in mass PvP or 1v1, so if you can afford to, go full rank 9 and it will be worth it.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    R9 Psy, no question about it;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you are really torn on this, just get the items and wait. TBH i don't think many people know what r9 mystic will be like. You can get a general sense from how other classes level up, but it could be an incredibly dramatic change. Psy has a great mix of offense and defense that I don't think any other class has which is why it is considered so beast at r9+12. 150 def level with an offensive capability as well is kinda insane. Seeker will have ~100 atk and 100 def with r9 so maybe they will compare in that regard. We really don't know what mystic will be like with that tho. It is just something that we will have to wait and see. I mean, that one spell that ignores attack level, buffs, etc might be cranked up to 11 when you get r9.

Unless you are completely sure which one, I would just wait and see. It can't be too long (maybe a couple of months at most) until mystic gets r9.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    If you are really torn on this, just get the items and wait. TBH i don't think many people know what r9 mystic will be like. You can get a general sense from how other classes level up, but it could be an incredibly dramatic change. Psy has a great mix of offense and defense that I don't think any other class has which is why it is considered so beast at r9+12. 150 def level with an offensive capability as well is kinda insane. Seeker will have ~100 atk and 100 def with r9 so maybe they will compare in that regard. We really don't know what mystic will be like with that tho. It is just something that we will have to wait and see. I mean, that one spell that ignores attack level, buffs, etc might be cranked up to 11 when you get r9.

Unless you are completely sure which one, I would just wait and see. It can't be too long (maybe a couple of months at most) until mystic gets r9.

You mean absorb soul? It's useless after R9, since we get 93 attk lvls from it and absorb doesn't use any of it. It's nice pre-R9 though for bypassing full JOSD sharded archers/casters. R8 +12 and R9 +12 will do similar damage w/ absorb soul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ahh, thats kinda lame. So its useless if your attack level is greater than your opponent's defense level? Such that it would be neutrally scaled vs the rest of your spells being negatively scaled. Even then, if those skills do more damage or have good debuffs, you would use those instead anyway?

I haven't learned too much about mystic yet and am sorry if these questions sound simple or are common knowledge.
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    sorry if the post seems rude jus trying to be honest. mystics are not point an click nor are psys. So it isnt just a this this = that basis. The difference is do you intend to invest the same time effort and money into 1 or the other. If so pick a class you enjoy then it works well. Jus a tip. Though if you like mystics go veno for farm based aspects or cost basis.I t is far better for certain things. Others no so much. Jus say

Mystics are DD and support class not venos even they got "pets" (i say those pets skills cause they arent pets >< )
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    sorry if the post seems rude jus trying to be honest. mystics are not point an click nor are psys. So it isnt just a this this = that basis.

Except for one thing of course. No other class's skills themselves get stronger with improvement in gears, on top of damage improvement from weapon, like Psy does.
  • Randamu - Harshlands
    Randamu - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There aren't any R9 mystics yet and even the mystic on itself is still kind of a new class. Therefore, the answers here are very predictable when you ask ppl to chose between a non-existent build vs a well-known and liked build >.>
  • frince
    frince Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    b:chuckle
    Question says it all. I have a r8 Psychic and Mystic and I am horribly conflicted.

One of these I want to go for r9 but I just can't decide! I greatly enjoy playing bolth classes yet only one I must chose.

So I'm going to ask PWI your opinions on the matter, this toon will be mostly for open pvp and some TW. Lets here some pros and cons fro, both sides and help put my torment to rest!

Thx in advanced guys! *And please no flames if possible.* b:chuckle

I would suggest to r9 a Psychic... since Psychic at r9 is pretty scary to kill when it comes to TW/PK because of the soulfource, but then again Mystic is fun too the only difference is Mystic doesnt have reflect skill just like the Psychics does. b:laughb:chuckle