Should I play a BM? :D

Options
Congenial - Heavens Tear
Congenial - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Blademaster
Hey everyone on the BM forums

So I have got a cleric, veno and this barb, and I was wondering what characterI should play next?

I'm currently swinging between BM and mystics sooooo I just wanna know your opinions on whether I should roll a BM and why.

Would love to hear your opinions! :D
Barbs played right are like celebrities, you are welcome in every party - Fistol (Raging Tide)
You're a fantastic barb, and I'd go anywhere with you - Merria (Heavens Tear)

I'm a chick barb, and I'm proud of it. b:pleased
Post edited by Congenial - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Don't play Earthguard. Roll BM or sin

Since BM, Sin, veno and cleric are the classes needed most in squads. Bm has better pvp if played correctly. And is easy to farm with bm.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    Zvyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Don't play Earthguard. Roll BM or sin

Since BM, Sin, veno and cleric are the classes needed most in squads. Bm has better pvp if played correctly. And is easy to farm with bm.

Agreed. Squads are always looking for those (as well as barbs as you know). I have a seeker and a mystic, the seeker is pretty cool. I have heard the mystic is a mana drainer as bad as or worse than clerics and wizards (don't know about psychics). BMs are a complicated and versatile class. I'm still trying to figure out all the skill trees.
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No. You should play an Assassin and faceroll this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well Zvyn, barbs are wanted in a lot of squads, but all those squads are kinda dumb and will not realize that barbs are pretty useless in PvE. Only in RB will barbs matter.

@lirazu i should have just said it like that
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • PreDevil - Sanctuary
    PreDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well personally i love blademaster, so versatile, at higher lvl parties like in NIV, bm's replace barbs most of the time because a lot of barbs can't keep agro from the blademasters, even at lvl 83, the barbs arround my lvl can't keep agro unless if they spam agro skills

well there is a seeker i have heard of that in TW just drops down and uses vortex and takes out a whole squad of cat barbs, with there strong verotex attack and def buff they are also pretty strong, but nothing can change my mind about keeping my BM as my main, i love bm and never going to change, but it is ahrd to know when to use what weapon and when, would be good to have a multipath teacher for the higher lvls (currently teaching my self how to use pole) b:chuckle
    PreDevil Endeavour lvl 101 Demon, Australian BladeMaster b:victory
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well personally i love blademaster, so versatile, at higher lvl parties like in NIV, bm's replace barbs most of the time because a lot of barbs can't keep agro from the blademasters, even at lvl 83, the barbs arround my lvl can't keep agro unless if they spam agro skills

Of course barbs must use argo skills b:bye.
    And you should try out and see how the classes are and decide for yourself.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    People usually prefer being melee or ranged. The fact that you have 2 ranged characters and a tank tips me off that you prefer being ranged but don't mind being melee if you don't get damaged. If this is the case, go bm. Sins are too squishy until their 60s, then are still squishy but less so until they have +6 or better endgame gear.

Both are awesome at endgame. Sins are alot more awesome, honestly, but their endgame comes down to spam spark and win, which for most people gets boring. Especially people used to thinking about chaining their skills.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well Zvyn, barbs are wanted in a lot of squads, but all those squads are kinda dumb and will not realize that barbs are pretty useless in PvE. Only in RB will barbs matter.

That depends on what the squad is doing, now doesn't it? RB requires a good barb for luring. Most FF squads want a barb for luring. TT squads require a barb for various bosses. I prefer having a good barb in the squad. This game has, unfortunately, ruined many of the classes in this game. Wizards are obsolete. Barbs are going the way of the dinosaurs.

They aren't useless in PvE. Idiots are useless... those plvl noobs who don't know jack about the class they play and cause squad wipes. Don't well Zvyn me. My avatar is deceiving. I have a 101, 98, 84, and 72 of various other classes that are above 60. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. b:shutup
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nope... roll a sin, BMs just got boned. Granted the sins did too... but we got boned sooooooo much harder
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nope... roll a sin, BMs just got boned. Granted the sins did too... but we got boned sooooooo much harder

yep, please disregard my above post. BMs used to be fun to play. Now they are a lower dmg, slightly higher phys deffed shadow of a sin.

*baby triple sparks, sets macro, walks away for a while to find a game that doesn't add glitches to their programming and call them fixes*
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    Cochiti - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yep, please disregard my above post. BMs used to be fun to play. Now they are a lower dmg, slightly higher phys deffed shadow of a sin.

Used to be? I still have a lot of fun with my BM. I even quit playing this sin because my BM looked more enticing, especially with Heaven's Flame. The wise, benevolent, and omniscient god of my BM universe spoke to me today. Why give up just because they tweak the character? Maybe this means I won't have to go so hardcore with my aps now...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Used to be? I still have a lot of fun with my BM. I even quit playing this sin because my BM looked more enticing, especially with Heaven's Flame. The wise, benevolent, and omniscient god of my BM universe spoke to me today. Why give up just because they tweak the character? Maybe this means I won't have to go so hardcore with my aps now...

Kind of was thinking the opposite. I used to be able t hit 4.0 with no tome by using a skill. Now the skill takes so long to cast its not worth it so I'll need the tome to be 4.0/5.0

For BMs that never CCd its no big deal, but I do consider those people bad BMS.
  • Congenial - Heavens Tear
    Congenial - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Now this is confusing. So Sin or BM? And what are the arguments for and against each?
    Barbs played right are like celebrities, you are welcome in every party - Fistol (Raging Tide)
    You're a fantastic barb, and I'd go anywhere with you - Merria (Heavens Tear)

I'm a chick barb, and I'm proud of it. b:pleased
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Now this is confusing. So Sin or BM? And what are the arguments for and against each?

If you want to actually try hard and win using skill and play the game then role a bm, I love bm. If you want to apply face to keyboard and win, pick a sin.
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

BMs are still wanted in virtually all PvE instances if that is your cup of tea (it's mine b:chuckle). I'm not sure what things are like on your server, I get asked to go to delta, nirvana, and other high lvl instances all the time. Your buffs, your stuns, and your amps make PWI life a little easier. The question you should be asking yourself is what you want to do with your BM later on.

The recent fix affected 1 v 1 PvP, and you can read about it in some of the threads in the BM forums such as this one: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1107311. I'm not going to try to attempt explaining it as I don't truly understand its impact.

My argument for sin (at least in PvE) is that they are great DD and have awesome soloing power, which can net you the coin you want in farming. All I can say about sins (since I never developed one) is despite the lack of true AoEs, sins are specialized at dealing heavy damage to single targets. I wanted to make one, but there's wayyyyy too many on my server b:surrender.

Find something that suits your playstyle b:victory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antraze - Raging Tide
    Antraze - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I like BM, I guess I am one of the few who do not spam spark and flurry away, fond of using skills, less repair bill in the long run xD, I say go with BladeMaster, so much fun and so many builds to chose from :P
    Antraze - Retired workhorse of a Blademaster.

Go check out my YouTube channel
    Youtube.com/Antraze

Gaming and in the future (I hope) MUSIC!
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Definitely go BM! It's all hogwash what the other guys says about the class being screwed up. Barbs are endangered and wizards are virtually extinct. :P Clerics have always been threatened... ha ha... yeah, bad joke. Play both C! Then just continue with whichever one you like best. I'm taking a break from my sin and don't really intend to get back to her anytime too soon.