New multi-client policy issue?

Options
2»

Comments

• Knightmare_S - Dreamweaver
    Knightmare_S - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    tried to multi-client but won't work? is it because of the new update?
  • IDynasty - Dreamweaver
    IDynasty - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Seems so. Mine doesn't start another client either.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    bahahahaha...

Looks like Frankie will be changing a rule soon. >_>

It's easy to simply go into your game directory and open the 'element.exe' file and launch a second copy of the game without modifying or changing any files, however.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Works fine if you manually start the exe from the PWI folder.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Correct.
  • Knightmare_S - Dreamweaver
    Knightmare_S - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ah i see thank you
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cat is out of the bag again...

I lol'ed so hard at this silliness of the ongoing comedy of PWI.

I don't play anymore (for now). I just log in to make sure the account is still active.
    I do spent cash tho.. Just not on this CS.

The other game allows me to have more then 2 accounts to be active.. Way better deal.

Ooh btw..
    Even if the element thing had not worked...
    Being the one managing the families PC's (all 8 of them) I would still be able to run 2 accounts on any of those.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that would be the patcher correct. If so why does the patcher close the window when 1 is already up then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • _Hvergelmir_ - Lost City
    _Hvergelmir_ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Doesn't work for me b:cry
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Don't open the patcher in the folder. Open the elementclient.exe
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that being my point as to why I said my last post hehe. I can't run my game and catshop atm Q_Q so I jus have my catshop up XD
    I know epic failness lmaob:laugh

Tried that as well doesnt work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GG pw... ya broke this AFTER saying it was ok.. ya broke the game music AGAIN.... ya broke keepign DUKE'S MOUTH SHUT...... ANYTHING else u wanna break? christ can your devs get anything right?
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Isn't this honestly interesting though. If ya think about it since people QQ about chit all the time. People buying that many packs in general. Spending that much and openin that many. If ya want to know why things ingame are cheaper and wanna QQ about gold prices do it in world chat, it tends have a better effect.b:chuckle
    the reason gold goes up and things are all over. Is because people open that many dam packs. Spending that much on them. I honestly think they should do that once in a bit. Unmuting duke like he is is because he isn't broken that is how he originally was. People like you complain ur heads off to dam much. the orange spam will kill itself off in time. It has before and will again when it bugs people enough. Either that or idiots like you bug the poor mods and gm's with something that they can't fix or prevent. Then they go and beg the dev's for a fix again. To shut people like you up. k thx b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yep, it looks like the patch took away the ability to run a second client by running the launcher again.

As others have stated, the work-around for this is to go into your Perfect World International folder -> Element folder -> Elementclient.exe

Double click this icon to run your second client for now.

Meanwhile, I'll see if this was an intended change-

Thanks for reporting.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Finally, that annoying "shift-click" on taskbar items thing in windows 7 has a use!

Shame I open a new ****ing client everytime I talk in vent and try to switch b:cry
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yep, it looks like the patch took away the ability to run a second client by running the launcher again.

As others have stated, the work-around for this is to go into your Perfect World International folder -> Element folder -> Elementclient.exe

Thanks for reporting.

Ouch...

A GM NOT in the known?
    Then again I should not be surprised. The patch-notes are full of useful information every time.

Oke I will stop now... (Needs tissue's again and no not because I am crying)
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If anyone is interested... if you have windows 7, you can still open it the "easy" way. All I have to do is pin the program to the taskbar in windows 7, "exit" out of a already running client of the game, then click on the icon on the taskbar, then bingo 2 clients running on 1 computer, however, I still have two computers that can run this, so if it reverts to the old way where we are only allowed 1 client per computer, I will manage. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They broke the game again.... if it hasnt' been said already, you can open a 2nd game by going into the installation folder for the game itself. go to the ELEMENT folder (not patcher or launcher), and launch the game with element.exe.

I'd suggest sending element.exe to the desktop as a shortcut to make that easier lol

You still need to run it via the launcher after updates of course (unless u manually patch... idk why anyone bothers doing that though.)
    If anyone is interested... if you have windows 7, you can still open it the "easy" way. All I have to do is pin the program to the taskbar in windows 7, "exit" out of a already running client of the game, then click on the icon on the taskbar, then bingo 2 clients running on 1 computer, however, I still have two computers that can run this, so if it reverts to the old way where we are only allowed 1 client per computer, I will manage. =x

Uhh u can do that in XP too.... it's caled putting a shortcut (of element.exe) on the taskbar...... what do you think pinning is? lmao
    edited June 2011
    Options
    since i had tried that an it has not for some reason worked yet for me Ima jus boredly watch anime atm. Also franky mind if I send you a pm based off a concern I have ingame about a bug that I have tested and proven to be ingame? that not many know of for PQ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They broke the game again.... if it hasnt' been said already, you can open a 2nd game by going into the installation folder for the game itself. go to the ELEMENT folder (not patcher or launcher), and launch the game with element.exe.

I'd suggest sending element.exe to the desktop as a shortcut to make that easier lol

You still need to run it via the launcher after updates of course (unless u manually patch... idk why anyone bothers doing that though.)

Uhh u can do that in XP too.... it's caled putting a shortcut (of element.exe) on the taskbar...... what do you think pinning is? lmao

I knew you could 'pin' the file to other taskbars, and not just in windows 7, and what you described doesn't QUITE sound like the same thing that you can do in windows 7... from windows xp, but in essence it is the same thing, it's just nicer, and neater in windows 7 imo at least. =x

EDIT: I was merely pointing out that you can do it without going into the extra files, to open up a second client... as long as you have windows 7, or another operating system that is capable of 'pinning' a program to the task bar.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Prance - Harshlands
    Prance - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Thanks for reporting.

Well yeah going to elementclient doesnt work for me it just freezes after i try to log in a character
  • floower
    floower Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Per Kioma's post here:
    Some people can't figure it out I think because we post like we're talking to someone who already knows all the odds and ends here. Thanks for your post though because it gave me an idea.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.