edited June 2011 in Assassin
See
Post edited by nomnomnomyum on

Comments

• nomnomnomyum
    nomnomnomyum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    See

ok i remember my body being longer but i was saying i want to be a sage but idk if ill be able to get good gear.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The only thing that costs anything on a Sage are a few skills.

Mostly, that'd be the 300 Advanced Mystical Pages you'll want to get Bloodpaint and Dagger Devotion and Rising Dragon Strike from the book clip at Mysterious Librarian.

Also, some of the things that make Sage appealing, such as Sage Subsea Strike, Sage Wolf Emblem, Sage Tidal Protection, Sage Focused Mind and Sage Power Dash come from gambling skill books, which is pretty much bound to get costly.

Then again, comparing any of those to the cost of getting 4-5 aps is just plain ridiculous, considering that either way you're looking to spend several hundreds of millions. And the refines for the defenses and life required to be able to tank stuff is also going to cost.

Basically, people just like the simplicity of going Demon: You don't need to worry about Demon skills as long as you get the APS gear.

As a Sage Sin with Bloodpaint, Dagger Devotion, Focused Mind, Shadow Escape and Rising Dragon Strike, I can say that I've only spent maybe 30m more on those than I would've if I had gone Demon. On the other hand, that 30m or so wouldn't really change much for me at the moment.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i completely agrre with everything the seconde guy said
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Pretty much what Olbaze said, but I think it's a little more complexe to say depending on what ppl want.

If you compare a sort of "ultimate endgame" sin in demon and sage version, those will be pretty much same cost to reach.

However, many seem to have the idea in mind that to be able to do just anything, you have to be at least at 3.33 aps. Like with many things nowadays, all considerations are limited to the simple aps factor. That ofc is more expensive to obtain with sage. Then they add : you need skills to make up for the aps loss. I kinda agree bloodpaint is a must for sage, but a good demon sin would get a skill like ribstrike. Demon does have good skills, and they are just as usefull for them as sage skills for a sage sin.

Imo, these arguments like "sage is much more expensive" or the "sage is only good if you got more the x aps" are the result of the popularity of demon sins when they just came out. Most of the ppl ingame or on forum feel the need to make 1 culti godlike, and the other trash. Now they see sage works just fine, and to justify their initial statements they come up with those excuses. Exactly like that person in bh who once told me my damage sucked, and now converted sage under 1 of those excuses lol. (The exact same thing happened to the "fists" topic or the "arcane wizzard" topic)

The only thing that makes sage a bit harder to play, and maybe a little more expensive, is the fact that every time you pm "sin" you'll get "aps?" in return. It's annoying, but once ppl start to know you it's not much of an issue.
  • YOURLIEZ - Archosaur
    YOURLIEZ - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Pretty much what Olbaze said, but I think it's a little more complexe to say depending on what ppl want.

If you compare a sort of "ultimate endgame" sin in demon and sage version, those will be pretty much same cost to reach.

However, many seem to have the idea in mind that to be able to do just anything, you have to be at least at 3.33 aps. Like with many things nowadays, all considerations are limited to the simple aps factor. That ofc is more expensive to obtain with sage. Then they add : you need skills to make up for the aps loss. I kinda agree bloodpaint is a must for sage, but a good demon sin would get a skill like ribstrike. Demon does have good skills, and they are just as usefull for them as sage skills for a sage sin.

Imo, these arguments like "sage is much more expensive" or the "sage is only good if you got more the x aps" are the result of the popularity of demon sins when they just came out. Most of the ppl ingame or on forum feel the need to make 1 culti godlike, and the other trash. Now they see sage works just fine, and to justify their initial statements they come up with those excuses. Exactly like that person in bh who once told me my damage sucked, and now converted sage under 1 of those excuses lol. (The exact same thing happened to the "fists" topic or the "arcane wizzard" topic)

The only thing that makes sage a bit harder to play, and maybe a little more expensive, is the fact that every time you pm "sin" you'll get "aps?" in return. It's annoying, but once ppl start to know you it's not much of an issue.

So between skills and decent gear how much will i have to spend?
    Duke: Let it be know that YOURLIEZ has rerolled to TF2
    Rest of the sever:.....Wait, what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Also depends on sharding wise. Some demons shard with +10vit to make up for the lack while Sage shards with DoT to make up for the damage output. Which, Vit stones (least on my server) have now gone up to like 30m each whereas DoT is around 10-12 I want to say. So if you buy three that's 90, vs 36m. Clearly there you save more than the skills cost you for sage vs demon. But again, it depends if you even plan to shard with those. I also see a lot of demons who just shard with DoT and pop more pots. *shrugs* depends on what you want endgame and plan to get.

And money wise.
    -I'm pretty sure IF YOU BUY (not farm) each TT99 piece of armour is around 20-25m (you need 3: LA pants, boots and wrists) but note you have to have the TT90 pieces to make the TT99 (green TT90 not gold)
    -You need HA neck and belt for aps I haven't attempted to make mine yet, but I think I saw them on my server for around 20 as well.
    -You have to get the rank 8 (at 100) piece of gear which costs 72g
    -WTLG for int runs around 50m+ now on my server (you CAN get WraighgateTrophy Mode cape which runs 8m however, because of it's level, you can't shard it with end game shards like vit stones or dot i believe which is why end game people use WTLG rather than TM cape)
    -I'm using Hook and Thorn to 100 then going to use Nirvana Dagger when I can, however, I cannot give you a price for that because I havn't truly looked into it.
    -Need Nirvana pants (gives you int, is created from your TT99pants) which if I recall right costs around 200m to do if you don't farm it at all (?)

Lvl 100 Gear:
    20x3: 60 for TTLA
    20x2: 40 for TTHA
    Rep: 72
    WTLG: 50
    Hook and Thorn: 10
    This alone is: 232 and minimum if you got everything for those prices above.
    Then add Nirvana being 200. So 432 and this doesn't include Nirvanaing your Daggers for Barrier Thorn Nirvana.

This is what both sin and demon use above if they are an int build. Most sage sins I see still go -int for being allowed in Nirvana squads.

And this also doesn't include refining prices or sharding prices, just the prices to obtain if you farm nothing and buy it all. It is possible to farm your materials for the TT gear and the raps/cry for your nirvana gear. You can farm for rep (doing FB and the quests, but, that will take you a very long time, just a heads up)

This doesn't include ring, genie, flyer, tome, etc. But do note this is all based off prices on my server that I have found when searching. Your server may be cheaper or more expensive. If anyone knows the exact prices or if prices have been altered (it's been a week since I went shopping, but prices change all the time) feel free to correct me. These were just the prices I found when I was searching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The only thing that costs anything on a Sage are a few skills.

Mostly, that'd be the 300 Advanced Mystical Pages you'll want to get Bloodpaint and Dagger Devotion and Rising Dragon Strike from the book clip at Mysterious Librarian.

Also, some of the things that make Sage appealing, such as Sage Subsea Strike, Sage Wolf Emblem, Sage Tidal Protection, Sage Focused Mind and Sage Power Dash come from gambling skill books, which is pretty much bound to get costly.

Then again, comparing any of those to the cost of getting 4-5 aps is just plain ridiculous, considering that either way you're looking to spend several hundreds of millions. And the refines for the defenses and life required to be able to tank stuff is also going to cost.

Basically, people just like the simplicity of going Demon: You don't need to worry about Demon skills as long as you get the APS gear.

As a Sage Sin with Bloodpaint, Dagger Devotion, Focused Mind, Shadow Escape and Rising Dragon Strike, I can say that I've only spent maybe 30m more on those than I would've if I had gone Demon. On the other hand, that 30m or so wouldn't really change much for me at the moment.

You must remember the fact that demons of any class can also switch around some items like a cube neck/warsong belt and still be at 5.0. That gives some lead way for better survivability that sages can't do.

EDIT: and before anyone tries to bring up sage bloodpaint... I have an alt that I can get it at any time and it's not unreasonable for the majority of people to get one, so I don't factor that as an advantage to anyone.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute