Request for New Veno Pet

Fluxal - Dreamweaver
Fluxal - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Cmon please? b:thanks

There hasnt been a new pet added since the Tideborn Update.
Not even 1 new pet with the Earthguard patch *sighs*.

There are TONS more monsters and tamable pets on the China servers already, so its not like anyone would have to re-invent the wheel here, just let us have a few new toys to play with to bring something new and welcome to a somewhat stale race. Plus just think of all the new arguments, errr I mean forum discussions, about whose pet specs are better, hehe.

Personally, I would LOOOOVE to have a tamable spider added. There are at least 3 tamable spiders in the main version of PW. Would be just too cool to have a big ol spider following you around b:pleased

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1620

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1673

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1076

I know a lot of people have also mentioned wanting the "tamable" version of the Spotted Felis too, for its incredible speed....and the tamable version does already exist too:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/7327

What do you think? Are there any other veno's that would appreciate just a few new pets added to the mix to spice things up a bit?

I know a lot of ppl will say things like, "fix barbs agro 1st, limit APS, etc..." & I know a lot of things need to be fixed too, but hopefully PW can do more than 1 thing at a time. If possible, please try to limit the discussion to veno pet related buzz. It would be interesting to see what some other high level more experienced venos would like to see added (if anything).
And I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger...the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.
Post edited by Fluxal - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AddyIyn - Lost City
    AddyIyn - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    from my 90 veno, most people by that lvl usually have a herc or nix. Although new pets would be nice,they wouldn't be much good, cuz then tehy would undermine the 'legendary pet' and no one would get themb:surrender
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Don't need new pet, just need interval skill books for them. b:chuckle
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011

b:pleased
    And I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger...the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I want the Spotted Felis! <3

Nobody cares about speed though... ranged pullers are best. I just want it because it is cute. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mentra - Archosaur
    Mentra - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    DEVS plz give us venos a legendary water pet? pretty plz. you'll make more $$$ dollars.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I would give my right arm for an all class kowlin, even though that isnt exactly what this thread is about b:avoid
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I want the Spotted Felis! <3

Nobody cares about speed though... ranged pullers are best. I just want it because it is cute. :D

i care about speed! that's why i need to go level my tabby up in room 4. i'd love the felis, too, though.

and i want the legendaries undermined, it'd make me feel less fail for being unable to afford them before i'll be too high level to ever need them. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Need new Battle Pet!! Commooonn do one thing atleast for this forgotten class b:surrender
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If they do come up with a legendary water pet it should cost about half the amount of a herc/nix since it is hardly used.

Unless of course they come up with at water instance for bh, fb, etc...

Also no leave the herc/nix as is and if not make it more powerful b:pleased b:victory.

Those who spent the money deserve having a pet more powerful than all others. b:pleased

I am lvl 54 and really dont care about taming other pets since i got all i need... the most powerful land(herc), water (well not yet but good enough for my lvl(turtle)), air(nix), & ranged pet(ape marksman) b:victory
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Some more pets would be awesome... And while we're dreaming make it something cute too... HT's official cute pet using veno needs more variation... And maybe a cute one that is strong too? Or how about a cute water pet? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    Gorwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2011

dont forget bloodpaint skill book.. OP veno, amp dmg while your 5aps pet heals itself b:laugh
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I want some new pets (like spotted felis) Where it's an adventure to go capture them. Like if we had to fly down to the desert to capture it while avoiding the lvl 100+ mobs. That's fun! They need mobs like that.

For the people who don't buy them in shops anyway. I'm not really fond of the legendary pets. Maybe if the phoenix looked more like a phoenix than a transparent rubber toy. b:sad
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ... I'm not really fond of the legendary pets. Maybe if the phoenix looked more like a phoenix than a transparent rubber toy. b:sad

True i dont like the way the nix looks either.b:sad

Maybe a skill book that will change the baby pets to adults making them even more powerful, change their appearance, and add an additional slot for a skill b:victory
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They should make a new cash shop pet with this characteristics:

1. All terrain, like mystic's pets.
    2. Better stats than phoenix, because it is really needed
    3. 6 pet skill slots, why not.

To be honest just with the 1st feature on a phoenix I would be really happy, even if the bird is still a one shot to everything.
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I llike this suggestion b:victoryb:laugh
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    dont forget bloodpaint skill book.. OP veno, amp dmg while your 5aps pet heals itself b:laugh

You sir just gave me nightmares b:shocked
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I honestly have to laugh at people who think that ranged pullers are that much better.
    A good veno can use any pet for a good pull and ranged pullers are useful but don't have the same reliability in certain aspects with lures.

I have my kowlin for when I want it(lv100), I have my Marksman(lv100),I have my catopod(lv90), My frog(lv95), scorp(lv100), hurc(lv100) and nix(lv100) my turtle(lv55).
    I have every pet for different uses. It isn't that a pet itself that is bad or "fail" it would be the veno behind it. Each pet is different and is used differently.

To many idiot venomancers that don't know how to truely play. If you use the pet for the wrong aspect then it is ment for. That is on you.

I see it day in and out on many servers. After awhile it becomes a laugh to see something that older generation venos do with general ease and the newer ones look like a joke at. There are reasons that people do things even if they may be stupid to do. They still do them whether it's wise or not to. A venomancer is not just the veno or just the pet. Yet many do not know how to properly play them. It is why it reflects on the class as a whole.
    You can do the same things as a veno in TT if you know how to. Better and more effectively then 5aps people. Even other instances being if you know how to. It depends on how you play and what you know and what you do and when.

That is why I generally see things as a laugh. When people say venomancers are "weak" or "not worth it". I can chuckle. A veno is not a "simple" class as just point and click to send your pet in. That is what idiots do. The same applies to any class. Its ment to be played as the class is. That is it plain an simple. Each class is not just white or black.
    Use your common sense and play the class build it with common sense and play it with common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    DEVS plz give us venos a legendary water pet? pretty plz. you'll make more $$$ dollars.

Thats a really good idea b:pleased
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I still want to tame most of the monsters in the EG area. b:surrender

Anyways, would be nice if pet levelling would be faster since mystics don't even have to level their pets anymore. b:chuckle I know. I'm lazy to level up my pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Something I forgot to mention is that any addition of "normal" pets to the game wouldnt actually be new pets, just new to us. They already exist in the Chinese version, so I would guess things are already balanced out and would not undermine the legendary pets in any way...well, one would think.