Cassie: "Searle, We're going to go now. We love you."

ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Tideswell (East)
So yea, PWEntertainment ( which is not entertainment for a long time now ) shown us that PWI is now only a money making product instead of a game which has community of which they must take care of. Another rank sale is on the way AGAIN with the mission to make players reach end-game faster and gear up without any efforts at all. And then what ?

TT farming for gear - dead.
Lunar farming for gear - dead.
RBs ? I don't even know all the different kinds since almost no one is running them - dead.
TWing ? Have fun with people 1 or 2 shotting you - no skills required.
PKing ? Roll a R9 sin and pwn everyone - you`re epic ... in a virtual reality ( lol. ).

I`m kinda happy and kinda sad that I didn't find PWI earlier so I can see the old-school gaming when partying with people actually mattered. Happy cuz if I knew how it was, I would be sad now. Sad because I was forced to play with the arrogance of most of the people.

Games are made for fun and they will always remain this way. PWI is more than pissing off with all the ****ty sales. It will be fun to see when people get their rank 9 and realize they can just stuck it up their *** because it's not useful anywhere.

Game is dead, money making is not.

This is my last goodbye thread. One big thank you to all the people I met here and all the great friendships we made. I`m happy that if not anything else, PWI at least met me with so many great people. We will for sure keep in touch over MSN and Skype. I`ll never forget how many people reached out and helped me when I needed help, but now I`m back to playing Freelancer again, a game where skills are all you need and players have no idea what cash shop is (;

Good luck with your future endeavours everyone, all the love and respect in the world,
GrimReaperHC / ColdAsLife signing out
ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You haven't even reached 100 yet, you nab!

You can't quit 'til you win. >:I
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    You haven't even reached 100 yet, you nab!

You can't quit 'til you win. >:I

I won long ago kitteh. Look what awesome people I met, you are one of them yourself. Will miss you pal
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You quitter
  • FuriaeViolet - Sanctuary
    FuriaeViolet - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Bad Grimmy b:sad

You need to add me on skype. <//3

Gonna miss you bunches, especially your fail attempts to nom my veno's tail. <3

-Bear hugs.;; <3 you Grimmy.. b:cryb:surrender
    SinfulGuise ~ Factionless ~ 100 Demon Rare & Legendary Venomancer ~ Retired
    MidnaPride ~ Syndicat3 Leader ~ 39 Future Sage Archer
    BabySinr ~ SaintSins Leader ~ 56 Future Sage Mystic
    FioreTheDoll ~ Factionless ~ 60 Future Sage Assassin
    KareTenshi ~ Factionless ~ 52 Future Sage Psychic
    FaytheVida ~ Factionless ~ 30 Future Sage Seeker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    :( silly cold. come back monkey.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    b:sad W-wh-w...

b:cry WHO'S GOING TO NOM MY FEATHERS NOW b:cry

I'll miss you Grimmy b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Aww. ;/

Sad to hear your quitting, but 100% understandable, sadly there really isn't much left to do after completing any... err rather all goals. D: For some it is still fun, but mainly due to the fact that they can't... or refuse to cash shop for their end game gear, to stand a chance to beat others in pvp. Especially when it is as you said, a one shot-two shot everybody's dead pk fest. =x

As for fewer people helping others, and the days that people loved helping each other seems to be dwindling down to where you'd be lucky to find all the help you need for even a fb19 tabbed with one world chat. Granted a most level 6x classes can completely mop the floor with every mob in those instances, few people seem to be willing to go out of their way to help.

As I am sure you know no game can leave a game completely as it is, they obviously need to make a change, or people who have reached the 'point of been there done that' with every instance in game twice over, will quit really fast.

The boutique has by far been one of my least favorite aspects of the game, I do understand it keeps the game free to play, but as you said it's become nothing more then a greedy money making scheme of a way to make millions regardless of how many people say '**** it' and leave the game for good. It really is annoying that it is pay to win, it makes me miss games like the one that got me hooked to online games. It also turns me away from future games that may have a 'cash shop/boutique" where all you need is a credit card to be 10x stronger then most of your opponents, not to mention the fact that having "elite" gear seems to bring you into an instant state of legendary status among your gaming peers.

All that said, despite the controversy surrounding your modship on your other character, i am sorry we never got to really hang out, and we may struggle to do so, especially with you quitting, and me hanging on by a thread. =X

There really isn't much further for anyone to go after completing goal after goal... especially if you don't care for the pvp aspect of the game.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sorry to hear you're quitting hun even though we're on diff servers. I do understand however... pwe has put a lot of **** on the playerbase.
    Hope your faction will make it without you, but I'm sure they will :)

I still have ya on skype.. so we'll talk there I gues ^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Once again I could quote your whole opening post... just to quote it for truth.

I guess it was the right decision to move on since I personally share your opinion. This game is just playable and at least a bit enjoyable if you have friends playing with you but in the end you cannot be satisfied for a longer period of time.

I'll see you around for sure. ^^

And have fun playing Freelancer again. ;D
  • Kswizzled - Dreamweaver
    Kswizzled - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hey Grimmy

It's awesome that you PM'd me that one time and we started hanging out (: You convinced me that going sage wasn't a bad idea when you pwned that boss alone, and we ended up helping a bunch of nabcookies pwn it too (:. Thanks for everything, I'm sad that we didn't get to chill out as much as we could have.

Expect A LOT of MSN spam, IJS.

Good luck with everything hon, I'll miss you like crazy :(

-Kim
    youtube.com/doublelingo
    youtube.com/kswizzled

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

h o p e l e s s l y h o p e f u l
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Grim! goodness no!

I know that PWi aims to make money out of it.. but me being from a background where I didnt really have much money meant that I didnt get the privelages, such as charms, from the cash shop that often.
    Since I began the game in very late 2009(and later around the end of 2010, quit for a relationship that ended a while ago), I quested for my experience points, and farmed for my gear.
    I didn't really intend for myself to speedlevel.. since I wasnt used to MMOing (more of a 3d virtual reality person), then I got hooked, met friends(miss you guys!), and learnt to enjoy myself while killing stuff, even while I trained to FC and TW with Dynasty and Tempest. I wanted to farm for my TT90 gear- only getting the boots for now.

I don't really understand why most people now want to get to 100 as soon as they can.. its such a shame because they lose sight of the story lines in some quests (like the tragic story of Goshiki the tideborn, and the history in twilight temple).

-sigh- Oh well grim, I was really lookign forward to seeing you again when I came back. Have fun doign what you do, and I wish you all the best! -mew-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Adios compadre. MSN me whenever :3
    Give my archer your gear >:o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    NOOOOOOO GRIMMY DON'T LEAVE ME BABY!!!! QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ AsOne will SO not be the same ):<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    grim bro i still remeber the first day we met you randomly pm'ing me and slamming down archer questions left and right XD honestly it will be a shame to see someone such as yourself to be leaving but i dont blame you. honestly if i like this new game that im goin to start soon i maybe following you on the departure boat. but anyways take care bro and drop by forums from time to time to say hi.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    Toxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Awww Grim I <3 you, don't blame you one bit for quitting. Glad I have your msn so I can still get some gropings in on you b:kiss Have fun on your new game. <3
  • alk0h0lik
    alk0h0lik Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    PWI really has gotten pathetic. now you dont even have to farm for rank 9... just get mummy n daddys credit card and bam, rank 9 in no time. now those of us that dont cash shop have zero chance of beating all the DBs that do. Anyways, take care Grim.
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Are you sure b:question
    and what kind of titloe is that o.o
    -googles-
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    b:surrender It was fun meeting you when I came to visit.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Awwwwh. Bye Grim. D:

Welp, you're going to leave before summer even starts. b:cry

Oh well, I might not even come back in the summer but I'm not sure yet so good luck in real life~ <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    b:kiss

Just don't forget what PWE is all about in reality and don't let anyone put you down.

b:heart
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Don t go men.. you re a great leader and a great person, what will happen to AsOne now? b:sad
  • Quetzala - Dreamweaver
    Quetzala - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Very sad to see you go Grim! You're a good guy and hands down a credit to the PWI community. Your respectful but easygoing style will be missed.

Try out Crossfire for Freelancer if you're going there. Good luck and stay strong mate.b:thanks
    edited June 2011
    Try out Crossfire for Freelancer if you're going there. Good luck and stay strong mate.b:thanks

That's the mod I`m playing for a few years now ... b:shocked
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LonelySpaced - Dreamweaver
    LonelySpaced - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nooo Grimy don't leave meee, b:cry b:cry b:cry

First Alias now Grim, there is no one left to Lick T-T

Good luck and have fun with whatever you get up to.
    b:surrender Sorry if this offends you.
    b:chuckle I am just bored and Trolling the forms
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    didnt see you much lately :/
    was wondering why

this explains it, ofc, find anyone to disagree with what you wrote, but i guess we will still play - till there is nobody left worth playing with since everyone quit

meanwhile i keep playing as long as i see my silly goals possible without charging 12903712893718927317238127398 $

take care grimmy, eo and me will miss you
    i like potato
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Game's fun if you don't bother with the sales. Play your game, and have fun with friends. I'm rocking TT90/99 with a Fate denial +3, I have never said to myself, "God this game would be SO MUCH more fun if I had full r9". I don't pk though, so I guess if I did i'd hate rank sales, and the thought of CSing would probably cross my mind. But I do TW, and I do get 1 shot. But I really have to argue the whole TW is just 1 shot dead game over facerolled haha noob argument.

I didn't like you, you annoyed me, like an obnoxious little kid that wouldn't go away. You becoming forum mod made me stop coming on the forums, you were a power tripping little dweeb, and honestly, I wont miss you. But quitting because other people are so insecure and hopeless they'd rather spend $1000 on free game than go outside and get some friends... well... it doesn't look good.

Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Awwww Grim... this is a sad, sad day b:cry

Though, I myself have been on somewhat of a break from PWI, so I can really understand your feelings right now. I have spent most of my time away trying to find something else to do, play, read, watch... but it's not PWI itself that pulls me back, it's the community, the friends, the people like you that make it a not-so-bad place to be.

You will be missed by many <3

Good luck and keep in touch, eh?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you will be back
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Psh people who make quitting threads never come back <.<
  • Arog - Dreamweaver
    Arog - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hmhm, looks like you gave up earlier than I expected.

Who would have thought that someone who used to be so tied to PWI and his aims really manages to leave before level 100, before seeing certain things with his own eyes.

Wise choice.

Saying farewell would not be appropriate from my side since, first I am not part of this game anymore for some time already and second, I gave up contact to you a while ago.

Nevertheless, good luck chasing dreams at other places. Maybe you find your "Regenesis" elsewhere and it holds more value than the virtual dream you chased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]