Just an idea

Niryn - Lost City
Niryn - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
Well i dunno about others but i wouldnt mind seeing something like unbinding charms, Either could be bought from the store or bought with Dq points, I know for myself would be cool and know many others who would be intrested in getting rid of the bank full of bound gear.

Yes its awsome we can bind out gear to us i mean for the amount i know i have spent to get mounts i have learned the hard way bind the ones i dont wanna lose but after long time and since soo many different things get added into game some tend to find themselfs with too much gear thats bound to them.

Just be nice to unbind things not used anymore and either let others use them or sell stuff.

Just my idea i was thinking about ty
Post edited by Niryn - Lost City on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    no....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niryn - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    hmmm no well why not why shouldnt people be able to unbind there gear when they cant use it anymore?

Im sure many would accully be happy to unbind gear or mounts and stuff they dont need in which takes up space and in which many of us know people who could use the items bound people.

So exp lets say my bound Roc in game I now have the pretty horse and dont need the roc but would love to let 1 of my friends use it since i probally will never use it nor will i make another untamed char.

And only things like fashion, mounts or gear that has been bound with a binding stone would be the things you can use the unbinding stone with anything else bound to a char wouldnt be affected by it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sure. But it should cost at least $20 and be non-tradeable.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Use GA's/Dolls and problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Niryn - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Non-tradeable would be good but 20$ would be too much 10$ would be much better :)

dolls only good if nothing bound and ya dont wanna drop doesnt help people that have had bound things sitting in banks for few years just waiting for the day to maybe unbind it to get sell or give it away.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Non-tradeable would be good but 20$ would be too much 10$ would be much better :)

If anything, they should be more to prohibit their widespread use. The whole point of binding an item is that it is not reversible and that you do not bind something unless you are positive that you want it bound. Permanent actions should remain permanent. Easy mode gaming is what is ruining/has ruined the game.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Think of it from PWE's point of view. If you bind a piece of gear and then later decide to upgrade it, you won't be getting money back from that bound piece. What do you do? Farm it. Or if you're expecting the people playing your game to be impatient, they'll spend even more money on what they want. People tend to want want want so they'll do whatever it takes to get what they want NAO!.
  • Niryn - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    The whole point of binding an item is that it is not reversible and that you do not bind something unless you are positive that you want it bound.

After a few years the gear lots bind is worthless to players who used it look at the gear and items now sorry but alot bind things cause at time we thought we would want it for ever or so until they decided to start bringing out even cooler things.

I for 1 would love to unbind stuff i loved but grew bored of or out grew cause is crappy for my lv and just give to other players who cant affored to spend money on the game due to familys and school.
  • AddyIyn - Lost City
    AddyIyn - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well i dunno about others but i wouldnt mind seeing something like unbinding charms, Either could be bought from the store or bought with Dq points, I know for myself would be cool and know many others who would be intrested in getting rid of the bank full of bound gear.

Yes its awsome we can bind out gear to us i mean for the amount i know i have spent to get mounts i have learned the hard way bind the ones i dont wanna lose but after long time and since soo many different things get added into game some tend to find themselfs with too much gear thats bound to them.

Just be nice to unbind things not used anymore and either let others use them or sell stuff.

Yes. Although some things would have to be limited ex. the HH gold gears and stuff. But i think if you bought a binding charm for another object, it would make sense to buy something to get rid of it imob:cute
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2011

1. Whats the point of binding something if you can unbind it later? Don't bind it in the first place

2. You know you can destroy bound stuff right?

3. SL, Dolls, Don't go red

ijs
  • Tankarei - Dreamweaver
    Tankarei - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The only solution is: Make a time machine, back in time and... Simply dont bind your *****.

Bound **** tends to be useless on trading/decomposing purpose, they can only be equiped, stored on bank and sold on npc, and nothing more. I like this process permanent, makes me feel safe when a friend comes to me and says:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Think about it in a hacker situation.

Hacker -> spends person's money to buy unbinding charms -> unbinds all bound gear -> steals it all.

It's just not safe.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Niryn - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Think about it in a hacker situation.

Hacker -> spends person's money to buy unbinding charms -> unbinds all bound gear -> steals it all.

Sorry but dont be stupid and give your password out to anyone...man if your dumb enough to give your password out then really you deserve to lose your stuff.. Too many give there passwords out to friends and stuff then whine about it when they get ****..

Dont be dumb I have been playing games for 10+years now and only been **** 1 time cause i gave my password to a friend in guildwars lost everything learned my lesson well too and have never made the mistake again.

Some people will like my idea and some will complain cause thats what people do, so if you dont like my idea dont read ir or post to it. I still would love to see unbinding stones sometime. I dont wanna destroy things i worked hard to make then bound to me be awsome to give to my friends who would use it.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sorry but dont be stupid and give your password out to anyone...man if your dumb enough to give your password out then really you deserve to lose your stuff.. Too many give there passwords out to friends and stuff then whine about it when they get ****..

Dont be dumb I have been playing games for 10+years now and only been **** 1 time cause i gave my password to a friend in guildwars lost everything learned my lesson well too and have never made the mistake again.

Some people will like my idea and some will complain cause thats what people do, so if you dont like my idea dont read ir or post to it. I still would love to see unbinding stones sometime. I dont wanna destroy things i worked hard to make then bound to me be awsome to give to my friends who would use it.

lol...
    hackers dont NEED to be given the account information
    they can install hidden programs on ur comp through a "safe" download that will record ur info and send it to them

but to pertain to the topic:
    No just no, would be too easy for scumbags to **** and steal ppl's gear or hell even "accidentally" NPC someone's R9 gear cause theyre butthurt
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hmmm no well why not why shouldnt people be able to unbind there gear when they cant use it anymore?

Oh look, it's THIS thread again.

If the devs wanted us to be able to unbind gear, that ability would already be in the game. But it's not. Deal with it.