Ultimate Subs in AH

Options
Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
I know there's going to be a simple answer to this... but I've looked EVERYWHERE in Auction House and can't find what filter would show me what Ultimate Substances are for sale...

help b:surrender
Post edited by Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Materials>Elite>Twilight>Low
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ty :)

I had looked in there... but it's obvious that the sale of subs is pretty rare... cause I've never seen them for sale there!! lol oh well
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ty :)

I had looked in there... but it's obvious that the sale of subs is pretty rare... cause I've never seen them for sale there!! lol oh well

People mostly sell them in catshops rather than auction, there's usually a pile of them round the wine-seller guy in, you guessed it, West Arch.

If you're dead set on using the auction house, then I find that the mats are more often on sale than the subs - and you can always combine anywhere you might need the subs.

And my few remaining sources of sub 80k substances have dried up - I paid 93k last night!

And since I'm not doing it anywhere - I found one nice unmined rubstone spot. You just have to keep the quillhog king dead to get it :)
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you're dead set on using the auction house, then I find that the mats are more often on sale than the subs - and you can always combine anywhere you might need the subs.
    In AH since we got HB quest those mats in are for wines too and are around 50k for 5 pieces it means 200k for each substance >.<
    And my few remaining sources of sub 80k substances have dried up - I paid 93k last night!
    At Sanctuary u can find the substances around 60k-75k at AH and catshops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • ShaynaTOR - Sanctuary
    ShaynaTOR - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have been seeing sub prices as low as 38k
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    35 - 38k usually and easier is just to type in AH search window Ultimate Substance.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Necroing like its 2009. b:cool
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    At first I was like, "wait what?" when I saw the price... then I looked at the date and it suddenly made sense.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Heh, yes. Fun to see a necro where the price of somehting has actually gone down :)
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just buy tokens and exchange in the event boutique agent you get 2 subs for 7 tokens.
  • truekossy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just buy tokens and exchange in the event boutique agent you get 2 subs for 7 tokens.

This was a necro. Your advice falls upon deaf ears as the info in the first few posts is no longer relevant.
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:surrender

It's been said before, necro's = a reason for a higher post count. Kudos to digging up such an old one though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    +1 pc
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • truekossy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Odds of this getting depth'd and everyone here losing their +1s? b:laugh
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wait, subs ever sold for 80k and up?! why, was it very much harder to farm the things back in the dark ages before grade-2 armor was released, or something...?

(i've farmed all my subs so far, i thought i was just being a cheapskate not wanting to pay the current prices for them. huh. two years ago, i guess i would've been rich off of farming...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • truekossy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wait, subs ever sold for 80k and up?! why, was it very much harder to farm the things back in the dark ages before grade-2 armor was released, or something...?

Nah. just that the "uber" TT and mold gears also needed sub mats. So between that and the fact that the only way to get subs was via farming them, the price wound up being pretty steep for them at first.

Though it did eventually drop to around 60kish for a while before tokens.