Does our Population Matter?

Archimboldi - Archosaur
Archimboldi - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Etherblade (West)
First I’d like to state some facts about Archosaur. It was launched in March 2010 with a post by Frankie. As time has progressed, so have the amount of upper level characters (upper lvl being 75-105). Nakhtuul’s statement in March of 2010 suggests that people initially took into account with the building of a new server what goods and opportunities could be wrought (American colonial/French-canadian voyageur motifs) that a new blank slate could offer from the ashes of other servers, so to speak. Thus factions like Narla were formed on the basis of friends who knew each other from other servers. I myself joined from a forum that I read online unrelated to playing the game previously. I started in Archosaur June 2010 and the server has grown. I don’t think to the same rate that other servers ultimately are, but definitely some interesting cross over.

Where do we decide to continue? As gamers we have the choice to impact the means developers choose to, (Yes ultimately have profit) but provide a meaningful medium to play out the human experience on.

Given the fact that many players who are considered upper level have the ability and resources to level and more options are available for unique character decisions (I.E farming TT Choosing sage, demon, skills, PVP considerations, etc).

The growth in population of upper levels perpetuates cash shopping. I would like to suggest that the amount of players that are attributed to cash shopping does not necessarily petition Archosaur’s affective profit and evolution.

Those of you who believe that the cash flow in western servers are based on only those who cash shop should consider that what is more prominent is the ability your character has and the motivation you have to exceed to upper level status.

For some this is strangely more to others, by basis of peer review, the sense that you must prove something to someone, or other motivational factors.

Essentially the question is, Archosaur, do we have any motivation? Gamers typically have a social stigmatism with their lifestyle. I myself have other responsibilities which cause me to look realistically at my circumstances, what time I have to work, what time I have with friends, and the time I have online. I should acknowledge also the propensity toward this online anonymity which suggests that friendship even can become deeper and closer online than in real life circumstance.

By and large the question is offered because invariably the server has progressed at a relatively easy going rate. The population matters, but what matters moreso are individual gamers who make choices day and day out. It’s important to consider how developers might consider a population such as Archosaur in the west coast and what motivation there is to level and play the game.

--Reiter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CHALAAA HEAD CHALAAA
Post edited by Archimboldi - Archosaur on

Comments

• Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    they don't care

"but if we can consider the considerations and rah ruh rah ruh rah bluh blah blah bluh blah"

they

do

not

care
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Kewl.

Story.

Breh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Archimboldi - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    **** proski
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why does this sound sooo much like when a guy with a small D*ck asks "Does Size Matter"... Hmmm....b:laugh
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why does this sound sooo much like when a guy with a small D*ck asks "Does Size Matter"... Hmmm....b:laugh

+1 b:laugh
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lol o.o.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited May 2011

b:sad well..... does it? :'(
  • Zaibeast - Archosaur
    Zaibeast - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:sad well..... does it? :'(

Well looking at SlutMuffin's point of view, he doesn't care b:laugh

He'll go for anything that moves b:shocked
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited May 2011

b:chuckle speak from personal experience, zai?
    edited May 2011

...Sounds like a VERY personal Revelation.
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    ...Sounds like a VERY personal Revelation.

Ohhh I see what you did there, you're trying to make it seem like I have a small d*ck or something.. Got ya ;). Soo which one of these websites do you get you're oh so original comebacks from? Or should I just wiki it like you didb:chuckle
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ohhh I see what you did there, you're trying to make it seem like I have a small d*ck or something.. Got ya ;). Soo which one of these websites do you get you're oh so original comebacks from? Or should I just wiki it like you didb:chuckle

I think I am going to stealthslap a hoe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    I think I am going to stealthslap a hoe.

Well when I get back into the game you are welcome to try, haven't played this game/this server for a year+ lol
    edited May 2011
    Well Regardless, all you readers out there, everybody, everywhere, hang on, hang on, hang on!!!
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Moves? All he needs is a pulse, ijs.

About the thread? I got bored, I couldnt read the OP more than first few paragraphs so kitty is unaware what it was about.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Moves? All he needs is a pulse...

b:chuckle oh WnB, always the optomist...
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
    edited May 2011

all i have to say to you is.......
    2011-05-1219-49-30.jpgb:chuckle
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Look at you two lovebirds going at it. Also... in the middle of Arch of all places, you horny nerds ?

Lol, somebody's going to have to wipe their whiskers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Zarbone - Archosaur
    Zarbone - Archosaur Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why am i not present in that orgy Slutmuff b:cryb:cry
  • ShadyJmmk - Archosaur
    ShadyJmmk - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i think i went blind reading that..jsb:shutup
  • Corvin_ - Archosaur
    Corvin_ - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011

lol ... definitely Stud's signature ... glad to see some ppl never change ...
    Corvin_ = Anthemyra / PlumeLady
    this char is a male seeker not cleric as the avatar looks ... pwi loves to bug me b:angry ... or they have something against playing the opposite gender?!? b:shutup
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Stud so this is where you run off to when you're done reading stuff on faction forums. I'm deeply disappointed in you! Make me my sammich how I like it you nab b:angry

As for the question posed not necessarily the long winding dissertation, I say population doesn't really matter only in as far as you will have a very hard time moving around unnoticed if you make yourself too notorious. And when I mean moving around I mean joining factions-there aren't many options on TW factions (but isn't it like this on all the servers PvE wise?)
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the only way to play this game is by being notorious. if you aren't you aren't playing the game, the game be playin you

wise words from a bro
    edited June 2011
    Stud so this is where you run off to when you're done reading stuff on faction forums. I'm deeply disappointed in you! Make me my sammich how I like it you nab b:angry

As for the question posed not necessarily the long winding dissertation, I say population doesn't really matter only in as far as you will have a very hard time moving around unnoticed if you make yourself too notorious. And when I mean moving around I mean joining factions-there aren't many options on TW factions (but isn't it like this on all the servers PvE wise?)

How is it that you like it again? Oh yeah, my balls marinated in herbs and cheeses right?b:chuckle

And+1 Proski
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the only way to play this game is by being notorious.

http://www.sonicomusica.com/new-wave/duran-duran/cancion/notorious/

No no notorious, notorious
    no no notorious
    forums, you can read about it
    burn you all save just some rank 9s
    I do just fine without it
    still rocking TT Ninety-nine
    <---This sin comes hardly disguised
    safety zone, you want me out
    don't cry about it
    Spare your seedy judgements
    they're just not part of our lives

CHORUS:

You spend the money
    you control the one hits
    I'll leave you lonely
    And monkey with your business
    you've spent the profits
    don't justify your reasons
    I've heard you promise but
    I don't believe it
    that's why I done it again
    No no notrious

Factions makin' secrets
    alone a few boys making noise
    Fools run rings to break up
    something they'll never destroy
    A grand N-faction slam! (bam!!!)
    and who really gives a damn
    for a flaky bandit
    Don't ask me to bleed about it
    Know you need this BLOOD to feel live

REPEAT CHORUS
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited June 2011
    i think i love u blood b:dirty
  • zyean
    zyean Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    tl;dr

Why do we bother to play the game still?
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i am just bored and reading some threads...but wow this one is so lengthy and without much contentb:cry, an point though. I say there is no need for motivation for playing a game that does not really require skill. If you are talking of RTS such as sc2, then there is motivation.

PWI is more about enjoying in my humble opinion. Look at the chinese PWI or MMORPG, from what I heard it is like a glorified chat room
  • Cesaea - Archosaur
    Cesaea - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    28qu8nq.jpg
    b:avoid