79 Skills Info Please

rgog
rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Venomancer
OK, I am 84 now and just heard yesterday for the first time something about aqcuiring some 79 skills. Please give me as many details about these as possible.
Post edited by rgog on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Myriad Rainbow (Fox Form)
    (Aoe skill)
    All targets in range of 15 meters have a chance to be affected by various status ailments.
    Bleed: 4,500 physical damage over time.
    Poison: 4,500 Wood damage over time.
    Armor break: Physical defense reduced by 100%.
    Mind break: Magic defense reduced by 100%.
    Lasts 9 seconds.

Myriad Rainbow (Human Form)
    Launch a shimmering chromatic scarab at an enemy.
    Your target has a chance to be affected by various status ailments.
    Bleed: 4500 physical damage over time.
    Poison: 4500 Wood damage over time.
    Armor break: Physical defense reduced by 100%.
    Mind break: Magic defense reduced by 100%.
    Lasts 9 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • rgog
    edited May 2011
    What is the chance this will hit? And is that it, just one skill? Do you just buy it once and it does something different in either form or do you need to buy this twice.

How do you get it/them?
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Those are 2 of the 3 79 skills. The other is Feral Concentration, which gives you immunity for 10 seconds at the cost of a spark and stunning yourself.

The myriads are two separate skills. To make each skill, you need 20 apocalypse pages (tokens, eden, brim, some TTs) and 10 medium ink (merchant in OHT and Raging Tides). Take the mats to the forges in either OHT or 1k to make the skill book and take the skillbook to any venomancer trainer to learn the skill.

There isn't a chance to hit listed, and the chance to hit is calculated separately for each effect, so nothing proc'ing is very rare. From my experience, I find that the proc rate on the Armor Break and Mind Break are somewhere around 50%, but that's just off my observation. YMMV.
  • rgog
    edited May 2011
    Can these just be purchased? Are any of the items cash shoppable? How do you find out exactly what mats are needed?

Feral sounds pretty cool, pet still attacks during the 10 seconds though right?
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    Can these just be purchased? Are any of the items cash shoppable? How do you find out exactly what mats are needed?

Feral sounds pretty cool, pet still attacks during the 10 seconds though right?

Mau just told you what it takes to make them. I am sure you could find someone selling them, but it's kinda rare because they are pretty expensive. You can slowly earn the pages as drops from the 89s or TT (1-3 and 2-2 I believe) or buy them from players selling the pages or the tokens (I don't know which is cheaper). Pages generally sell for about 50k or higher.

You can't find the books in the cash and I don't think you can find the items either. Yes, your pet is still attacking in that 10seconds. If you carry apothecary (Soulclense Orb) you can purify the stun or use a pot like Vacuity to prevent the stun. If you go Demon and get Summer Sprint you should be able to use Feral and not get stunned. The stun is generally the biggest draw back to Feral, which tends to be a last ditch effort to stay alive.
    edited May 2011
    Mau just told you what it takes to make them. I am sure you could find someone selling them, but it's kinda rare because they are pretty expensive. You can slowly earn the pages as drops from the 89s or TT (1-3 and 2-2 I believe) or buy them from players selling the pages or the tokens (I don't know which is cheaper). Pages generally sell for about 50k or higher.

You can't find the books in the cash and I don't think you can find the items either. Yes, your pet is still attacking in that 10seconds. If you carry apothecary (Soulclense Orb) you can purify the stun or use a pot like Vacuity to prevent the stun. If you go Demon and get Summer Sprint you should be able to use Feral and not get stunned. The stun is generally the biggest draw back to Feral, which tends to be a last ditch effort to stay alive.

You can't purify your own stuns with apoth, since you can't use apoth when you're stunned. Genie skills can be used to manage the stun as well. The rest of what Wushi said is true.

People sell the pages more often than they sell the books. Usually when I see books for sale, the price is about 1.5 times what it costs to make them, plus your choice is limited to what others have made.

The ink will run you just over 1 mil. The pages about another mil if you buy them from players for about 50k. The pages can also be made from tokens: 18 tokens = 5 pages = 72 tokens total; that comes to 3.6 tokens per page. Exact prices vary from server to server.

If you want to farm your pages, I'd recommend Eden (unwined). It's easily manageable for venos level 79+ (possibly before then, I didn't attempt until 79). Brim is similar, but some of the mobs leech back hp and at that level, it draws out the fight too long for my taste. Potentially, you can tank some of the bosses at that level as well. 'Though you might need another veno/mystic to come help heal.

The drop rate for pages in TT is abysmally low. If anything, I see them as a bonus here and there when farming TT for actual TT mats.
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You can't purify your own stuns with apoth, since you can't use apoth when you're stunned. Genie skills can be used to manage the stun as well. The rest of what Wushi said is true. It used to work for me. I would use up my extra soulcleanse orbs from TW the few times I did use it.

I haven't used the skill in a long time, so I wouldn't know if the apoths would work or not. They used to.
  • rgog
    edited June 2011
    If you want to farm your pages, I'd recommend Eden (unwined). It's easily manageable for venos level 79+ (possibly before then, I didn't attempt until 79).

Can I solo in Eden? I am level 85 and don't think I have ever been there. I find all dungeon mobs to have silly high hit points, so it takes too long to kill them.
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'd recommend not trying to solo eden mobs as it can end up ugly (unless you have a herc then it will just be less ugly). I can also confirm that Demon Summer Sprint + Feral Concentration will not stun you. Apoths though do not work while you are stunned.

I don't know which server you play on, so I don't know how much the summer sprint will cost there, my 99 veno has gotten it from the clip which costed about ~50m (note a lot of them were fox skills which I will either learn or sell to get the rest of my normal form ones).

Feral will cost 1m+, so will the 2 myriad's. Because the first part (the ink) costs 1.05m total to get all 10. The pages can cost a lot aswell, so I suggest you save up your coin if you want to get those skills.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
    edited June 2011
    Eden is the easiest place to farm pages. A walker should be fine around level 85; hercs around 80. Take it slow and pull the mobs one at a time.

There are two things that make Eden easier than Brim: no aoe mobs; no leeching mobs. The phys ranged mobs in Eden are probably the most challenging, but they're deep in the cave and if you don't want to fight them, you can just reset.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    question: the database also shows apocalypse pages as farmable from some sort of treasure chest in OHT. is that bogus, or is there some other reason nobody seems to mention that chest as a serious page source?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    question: the database also shows apocalypse pages as farmable from some sort of treasure chest in OHT. is that bogus, or is there some other reason nobody seems to mention that chest as a serious page source?

The chest is real, I've found it myself. The problem is that its not there very often.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited June 2011
    It's there. But there's only the one that I've seen, and I'm pretty sure the respawn rate isn't that great.
  • hefervalentina
    hefervalentina Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I am a Venomancer and i gave fox form,i put it in bar and it's grey?!i did all quests but i don't know what is wrnog with it!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    First of all, don't necro and don't hijack threads. Threads that have been inactive for over 1 month are considered dead and should remain buried.

Sounds like you're using something other than a magic weapon. Like all venomancer skills, fox form can only be used when wielding a magic weapon (wand, magic sword, pataka or glaive) or unarmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga