Motocycle credibility

Comments

• Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    this is worst thing ever happened in pw. this is stupid, idiotic and cheap. now I can clearly say to myself that this game is sh**. another common, cheap and broken mmo. (cant wait for Star Wars TOR) thanks god I didint spend real moneys here yet, now I know its not worth it.

btw harley is lame. make some Honda or Kawasaki. and why only bikes, do some cars as well and dont forget tuning parts for them. some roads between cities would be nice too.
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Is it also really ironic that about a month back The chinese goverment Banned Timetravling shows from TV and the net? b:chuckle
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    cewoo1 wrote: »
    It's not the sending a bike to the past that's implausible, it's the idea that a medieval blacksmith could mass produce parts that require machining. The technology to precisely machine metal parts just does not exist in a blacksmiths workshop

... And yet the heroes are able to manufacture items of extreme rarity just by gathering bits and pieces of the remains of evil monsters, put them into a cauldron and count to 10?

Not to mention that Wizards and Assassins can freaking teleport?

You can just claim that the Wizards did it anyway.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ... And yet the heroes are able to manufacture items of extreme rarity just by gathering bits and pieces of the remains of evil monsters, put them into a cauldron and count to 10?

Not counting the facts that a lion can morph into a white tiger, I'm using a kite to fly even though there's little wind, I'm riding a shiny 3-tailed fox, and that I'm standing next to a giant lighter.

No, I don't mind the bike o_o. I mind the sound of the bike though... but not the bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Not counting the facts that a lion can morph into a white tiger, I'm using a kite to fly even though there's little wind, I'm riding a shiny 3-tailed fox, and that I'm standing next to a giant lighter.

No, I don't mind the bike o_o. I mind the sound of the bike though... but not the bike.

Well I'm a mermaid who rides an elephant and whose best friend is a elf who turns into a lighter. Oh and my family includes an elf who somehow rides this catlike animal who burns in blue flames.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well hydogen powered vehicles are actually possible, since hydrogen is essentially just a small atom with stored energy in the form of an electron. Humans produce atp from using the energy stored in electrons...

there are hydrogen powered engines today but as far as I know they are too expensive and use up too many resources for too little gain to mass-produce... so I guess in a way, this bike is more advanced than the technology we have in 2011.

Especially since we haven't been able to produce bikes that can morph into a tiny key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well hydogen powered vehicles are actually possible, since hydrogen is essentially just a small atom with stored energy in the form of an electron. Humans produce atp from using the energy stored in electrons...

there are hydrogen powered engines today but as far as I know they are too expensive and use up too many resources for too little gain to mass-produce... so I guess in a way, this bike is more advanced than the technology we have in 2011.

Especially since we haven't been able to produce bikes that can morph into a tiny key.

Hydrogen atoms in water molecules are already completely oxidized (Oxidation Number +I). In order to get energy out of them, you first need to break the bond to get Elemental Hydrogen (Oxidation Number 0). That's a process that needs energy.. As much energy as you would get by burning the Hydrogen.

Also ATP "produces" energy by breaking one of the phosphate ester bonds, converting ATP to ADP in the process. Three phospathe esters in a row, as in ATP, are way more fragile than the bound between hydrogen and oxygen in a water molecule.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You already travel back in time in this game so why can't someone else? They already have steam punk fashion too, so the steam punk aesthetic isn't anything new to this game. What so hard to believe that time travel guy didn't work together with the wizard blacksmith to teach them how to mass produce them? It's not the like the mount bikes are as good as the time travelling bike, because they had to use cheaper parts, so they can't time travel and such. You guys are saying "well they wouldn't have had this metal or that schematic," but you're forgetting that they already have magical jade that can take the form of various complicated weaponry with just a few of the themed ingredients of that weapon. They already have a magical woman that can revert any wild animal or domesticated giant animal back into an egg using magic. While allowing it to maintain all the acceleration techniques it learned through training. Since this woman can do that to animal, why can't she have been involved in the process of reverting the bike back to it's base ingredients or into it's schematic form? She uses magic. Seriously, there only thing illogical is all the massive QQing over this. Seriously, if the idling sound is bothering you so much, MOVE or you know MUTE the sound. It's not like they put the darn thing directly in the cash shop so that everyone and their mom has it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Mythbusters attached a regular engine to a hydrogen tank at one point. It worked fine until the engine tried to explode. Afaik, that could have been caused by them basically forcefeeding the engine with hydrogen than setting up the tank properly.

Besides, that was mythbusters; it wouldn't be them unless something exploded.

As for breaking the water down, I'm inclined to think that was magic. Equipping items basically allows a person to pull energy out of nowhere. I don't see why a bike couldn't do that to create a metal/lightning spell to break the water down.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Mythbusters attached a regular engine to a hydrogen tank at one point. It worked fine until the engine tried to explode. Afaik, that could have been caused by them basically forcefeeding the engine with hydrogen than setting up the tank properly.

Besides, that was mythbusters; it wouldn't be them unless something exploded.

As for breaking the water down, I'm inclined to think that was magic. Equipping items basically allows a person to pull energy out of nowhere. I don't see why a bike couldn't do that to create a metal/lightning spell to break the water down.

Well, I see MP as some kind of energy you need to cast spells. :P Otherwise it would violate the second law of thermodynamics... And that would be stupid, even for magic, lol. And I am pretty sure mythbusters did not use water but hydrogen. Which would explain the explosion... And yes, mythbusters needs explosions <3
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I may actually consider trading FirePaws for this just for the lulz b:chuckle (Yes, I named my blazing tempest FirePaws)

Thats ok my Blazing Tempest is named Cuddles.....b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well I'm a mermaid who rides an elephant and whose best friend is a elf who turns into a lighter. Oh and my family includes an elf who somehow rides this catlike animal who burns in blue flames.

I guess you wanted to type 'merman'. b:laugh
    I demand a segway!

Dedicated to you, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RadnGqPjdBY
    (Just a song about a chimp on a segway. It is real, btw)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hydrogen atoms in water molecules are already completely oxidized (Oxidation Number +I). In order to get energy out of them, you first need to break the bond to get Elemental Hydrogen (Oxidation Number 0). That's a process that needs energy.. As much energy as you would get by burning the Hydrogen.

Also ATP "produces" energy by breaking one of the phosphate ester bonds, converting ATP to ADP in the process. Three phospathe esters in a row, as in ATP, are way more fragile than the bound between hydrogen and oxygen in a water molecule.

Yes, breaking bonds generally take energy & formation of bonds generally = output of energy.
    .-.
    But fusion of Hydrogen to Helium works nicely, has an abundant source of fuel, is portable, & can be easily concealed.
    But tis currently beyond human ability. (Even though it be rather simple.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So the two-stroke gasoline engine (and associated metalurgy) predates gunpowder?

PWI is not real life, its a game.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • cewoo1
    cewoo1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011

According to the story given for how motorbikes are reproduced, it's the blacksmiths of PWI who examined the original and made the reproductions. Go to one of the in-game blacksmiths and see what it looks like. Listen to the sound effects associated with that NPC. They are hammering away on an anvil, not in a modern factory machining parts.

Now go to one of the pots you talked about. Examine its interface. The items a pot can make are specific and limited. Go to all of the pots in PWI if you are so inclined and you will see there is no pot in PWI that can make a motorbike or even a motorbike key.
    Not to mention that Wizards and Assassins can freaking teleport?

Teleportation is not metallurgy. Teleportation is not metal machining. Teleportation is not the manufacture of mechanical devices.
    You can just claim that the Wizards did it anyway.

There's no imagination or creativity in saying that everything which fails a suspension of disbelief is fixed by calling it magic.
  • silverphoenix02
    silverphoenix02 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I opened this thread and I was like, "srsly?"b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    stuff

Your sig arouses me. b:chuckle

b:avoid
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    "Marty ! Go back to the future ! And remember to take your f*cking bike with you !"

http://popchassid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/e0070106470f297428d79vz4.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • cewoo1
    edited May 2011
    I opened this thread and I was like, "srsly?"b:surrender

Your comment is not on topic.
    Your sig arouses me. b:chuckle

b:avoid

"Marty ! Go back to the future ! And remember to take your f*cking bike with you !"

http://popchassid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/e0070106470f297428d79vz4.jpg

According to the story given at the realease of these bikes, the reproductions do not have time travel capability built into them. Only the original does.
    edited May 2011

Your powers of observation are absolutely astonishing, nub.

/facepalm

b:bye
  • cewoo1
    edited May 2011
    Your powers of observation are absolutely astonishing, nub.

/facepalm

b:bye

This thread is about motorcycle credibility, not about what you think of another user.
    edited May 2011

This thread is about motorcycle credibility, not about what you think of another user.

And if you hadn't noticed, your comment is not on topic either. Good job keeping the conversation off topic when you could have just ignored it. Brilliant.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm waiting for nuke. It wouldn't be too hard to get it trough that time travel temporal displacement thingy b:chuckle

It would be fun, just drop it and PWI dies. b:dirty
  • cewoo1
    edited May 2011
    And if you hadn't noticed, your comment is not on topic either. Good job keeping the conversation off topic when you could have just ignored it. Brilliant.

Reminding a user who is making personal comments about other users what the topic of the thread is about is not on topic?

Your powers of reasoning are absolutely astounding!

Edit: I also noticed you did not deny your comment was off topic. If you know your comment is off topic, why post it?
    edited May 2011
    Reminding a user who is making personal comments about other users what the topic of the thread is about is not on topic?

Your powers of reasoning are absolutely astounding!

Edit: I also noticed you did not deny your comment was off topic. If you know your comment is off topic, why post it?

Well well, if it isn't the ancient mother of all trolls. What's "on topic" is a failure of a thread that has been exploited for the 127th time. Might as well make yourself useful and bash it, like a proper man would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I still want a damn segway!
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • cewoo1
    edited May 2011
    Well well, if it isn't the ancient mother of all trolls. What's "on topic" is a failure of a thread that has been exploited for the 127th time. Might as well make yourself useful and bash it, like a proper man would.

So, your purpose in posting that comment is to call me a troll and to bash this thread?

Mod! The goons are deliberately hijacking this thread for the purpose of derailing it.
    edited May 2011
    So, your purpose in posting that comment is to call me a troll and to bash this thread?

Mod! The goons are deliberately hijacking this thread for the purpose of derailing it.

Touche, mon ami.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited May 2011

*makes offtopic post* b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
    edited May 2011

lmao@communist poster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]