....b:surrender
    You could just say no instead of getting mad
    I really don't know the answer to this
    Maybe you don't know the answer either.
    I understand your need to +1.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    105 sucks due to not being able to use def charms.

To be honest, it's not really worth it to level past 101 unless you're a sin that wants to be able to see other sins/not be seen by other sins...or if you want to use sin pots on 101+ sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    105 sucks due to not being able to use def charms.

To be honest, it's not really worth it to level past 101 unless you're a sin that wants to be able to see other sins/not be seen by other sins...or if you want to use sin pots on 101+ sins.

I saw a screenshot of a level 105 (I think Rinc - Lost City) saying that defense charms are still useable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ....b:surrender
    You could just say no instead of getting mad
    I really don't know the answer to this
    Maybe you don't know the answer either.
    I understand your need to +1.

Worth it or not is a personal preference. It's worth to some and not to others.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Is it worth buying vanilla ice cream, Okeano ? I really don't know the answer to this. Maybe you don't know the answer either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Is it worth buying vanilla ice cream, Okeano ? I really don't know the answer to this. Maybe you don't know the answer either.

b:cry
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No! don't do it! b:shocked
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    with each lvl u get 5 stat points and one def and attack lvl i think, so it has its pros for sure, weather or not u wanna do it causally or hard core is the big difference, but nvr stop lvling
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    with each lvl u get 5 stat points and one def and attack lvl i think, so it has its pros for sure, weather or not u wanna do it causally or hard core is the big difference, but nvr stop lvling

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2011

You don't get any attack/def lvls for leveling.

As for stat points, from level 101-105 you'll get 25 stat points.Not sure they make a difference.But if you want to level past 101, go ahead! :P
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sry for some reason i remember a big discussion that after 101+ gets a def or attack lvl of some kind
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011

This ^

It's like to have a lvl 4or 5 tome for cheap All you need is to use time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sry for some reason i remember a big discussion that after 101+ gets a def or attack lvl of some kind

You do gain levels over your opponents which is sorta like gaining an attacks or defense levels for every level you are above them.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You do gain levels over your opponents which is sorta like gaining an attacks or defense levels for every level you are above them.

^This

For every level you have above your opponent, it gives you what I guess you could call "theoretical defense and attack levels". It doesn't actually show on your character info, because it's situational depending on who you're attacking/who's attacking you. But it's there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's not worth leveling past 90 if you don't want carpal tunnel, pale skin, or the shame of knowing how much of a joke you are for ignoring the real world.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I stopped at 101 and am working on alts... but stat points don't really matter to me. Plus I don't hyper so that would be an awfully long time of grinding and eating BH orbs and what have you just for 25 points.

I do know a couple people who, at 100 or 101 (can't recall) were a few stat points short of using an item. So I could see levelling for that reason at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ^This

For every level you have above your opponent, it gives you what I guess you could call "theoretical defense and attack levels". It doesn't actually show on your character info, because it's situational depending on who you're attacking/who's attacking you. But it's there.

Each level you gain gets you a slight edge on your opponent's defenses (how much depends on how strong their defenses are) and a slight boost to your base attack (one point of base damage).

You also get some health (and some attribute points which you could hypothetically use to increase your vitality).

But you do not get anything analogous to defense levels.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Each level you gain gets you a slight edge on your opponent's defenses (how much depends on how strong their defenses are) and a slight boost to your base attack (one point of base damage).

You also get some health (and some attribute points which you could hypothetically use to increase your vitality).

But you do not get anything analogous to defense levels.

The "def level" is referring to what your hover over says. "damage from level 10x enemy attacks will be reduced by xx%" well if you're 105 and someone attacks you that's 100 there is a slight dmg reduction beyond your xx%.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    IDK but that is one of my goals someday...probably when I'm just about ready to quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its worth it if you play assassin. Than you need max level to be able to gank in peace. At level 101/102 assassins can still be seen by loads of people when they stealth.

Sins can also solo Frost more effectively than other classes, so getting 105 is a bit faster.

For other classes i would not bother pushing levels past 103 really. Getting 103 is relatively easy compared to 104 and 105 to. After 103 the exp from Frost mobs gets even more nerfed.

Of course you should always keep on leveling, but i personally dont think the 10 stat points between 103 and 105 is worth the time invested.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    welp, face it, after 101 the game is basically over anyway unless ya pk or some sucha thing like that...

unless ya like doing mindless bh's or ff runs....i dont powerlvl or use hypers so the only time i go into ff is to help people with quests because ff is frigging boring

but like the other people said, if ya like bragging rights and to say "LOOK AT ME MA!!!! I'M A BIG BOY NOW!!!" then go ahead and go for it...your choice really b:cool
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This is an equipment based game, you can be 105 but if you still using 3 star equipent you gona be failing big time.

Concern yourself more with getting better equip and less about achieving the next level.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My boyfriend hit 100 yesterday, and as he is not concerned with Rank 9, he will not worry about leveling more. If he ends up leveling while enjoying the game, then icing on the cake. I feel the same way, I will level till 100 so I can access 3-3. I so badly want to do a full run and face Illusion Lord, I actually find time-consuming TT squad runs to be fun. But, once I hit 100, the higher levels really have no purpose for me, as I also am not worried about rank 9, nor am I worried about the extra stat points. Still, if I level, oh well, good for me.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My boyfriend hit 100 yesterday, and as he is not concerned with Rank 9, he will not worry about leveling more. If he ends up leveling while enjoying the game, then icing on the cake. I feel the same way, I will level till 100 so I can access 3-3. I so badly want to do a full run and face Illusion Lord, I actually find time-consuming TT squad runs to be fun. But, once I hit 100, the higher levels really have no purpose for me, as I also am not worried about rank 9, nor am I worried about the extra stat points. Still, if I level, oh well, good for me.

lolwut? You can be level 1 and go into 3-3 you just need to have 4 people in squad of any level to open it.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21