4 hits Sutra combo

Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Wizard
I read here yesterday that it s possible to make a 4 hits combo using essential sutra... i tried to do it the whole day but the best i was able to do was a 3 hit sutra combo SS - DP - SR plus a GS but not in sutra... is there anyway to do it in order to cast the spells faster on Sutra? or which spells should i cast? Thks in advance for your help.
Regards.
Alex.
Post edited by Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• skysing
    skysing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:surprised omg really...
  • _Fuzz_ - Lost City
    _Fuzz_ - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    you have to look at the skill's cast times. sutra only lasts 6 sec from the cast, minus 1-2 sec for user delay or lag so roughly you have 4 sec worth of cast times w/ no channeling times.

you can try to spam 4-5 skills that have 1 sec or lower cast time. try:
    Pyrogram > divine pyrogram > gush > pitfall or will of the phoenix or crown of flame
    0.8 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    you have to look at the skill's cast times. sutra only lasts 6 sec from the cast, minus 1-2 sec for user delay or lag so roughly you have 4 sec worth of cast times w/ no channeling times.

you can try to spam 4-5 skills that have 1 sec or lower cast time. try:
    Pyrogram > divine pyrogram > gush > pitfall or will of the phoenix or crown of flame
    0.8 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0

THks Fuzz i will try that one, the only problem is that it will make less damage than the 3 skills sutra plush gush i posted above... i`m trying to do more hits in order to make more damage too...
    I will try the Pyro>DP>Gush>WoP + another Gush out of Sutra (since it takes only 1 sec to cast) and see for how much it hits...
    If anyone has a good combo that makes a lot of damage pls feel free to post it here. THks.
  • Claciusvile - Archosaur
    Claciusvile - Archosaur Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Another 4 hit sutra combo would be..

divine pyro > pyro > gush > either sandstorm or glacial snare.

Works for me most times o.o
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For PvP one of the most devasting combos is DPyro -> Pyro -> Will of The Phoenix (Or Crown of Flames if the target is at range) -> DPyro in combination with the genie skill spark.. It hurts, believe me. b:pleased
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Really? I always just cast Sandstorm -> Divine Pyro -> Stone Rain -> Glacial Snare, and always get off the four without a problem. I don't have Sutra hotkeyed, but I do have the 4 nukes on hotkeys, so I just click it on the sidebar and blast away.

Also, Pitfall > Crown of Flame; it does more damage at lv 10 than Crown of Flame does, and has a microscopic chance to freeze the target XP
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Really? I always just cast Sandstorm -> Divine Pyro -> Stone Rain -> Glacial Snare, and always get off the four without a problem. I don't have Sutra hotkeyed, but I do have the 4 nukes on hotkeys, so I just click it on the sidebar and blast away.

Also, Pitfall > Crown of Flame; it does more damage at lv 10 than Crown of Flame does, and has a microscopic chance to freeze the target XP

Why do you think I use CoF? Because it is a fire skil and genie spark reduces fire resistance. If I just wanted a spell with quick cast time, I would have taken gush...l

Edit: Wrong char, I am Arenaceous...
  • DaichiOni - Dreamweaver
    DaichiOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    DP > pyro > CoF > DP > BT/SS/GS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    DP>SS>DP>GS. make sure you have your combo macroed or else you prolly wont time it right.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    DP>SS>DP>GS. make sure you have your combo macroed or else you prolly wont time it right.

So I hit the Suttra key and them the macro key?

Today i was able to made: DP>GS-Pyro>DP and out of the sutra an extra GS since it cast really fast.

Thks for all your answers.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My favorite is sutra -> chi pot -> bids -> hailstorm -> town portal
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    your last hit should be an ulti... since the last hit's cast time is a non factor.

if you have 399 chi, use DP-> Pyro->Gush -> Ulti or something similar
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    your last hit should be an ulti... since the last hit's cast time is a non factor.

if you have 399 chi, use DP-> Pyro->Gush -> Ulti or something similar

Usually, if I sutra I am aiming for a kill. And if a sutra combo with genie spark lands without my opponent domaining or TE or anything, that person should be dead. So why waste another 2 sparks? Seems like overkill.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Usually, if I sutra I am aiming for a kill. And if a sutra combo with genie spark lands without my opponent domaining or TE or anything, that person should be dead. So why waste another 2 sparks? Seems like overkill.

pretty much this.. sutra ulti is an effective strategy in some circumstances, but in most cases it is a waste to use 4 sparks on a single target at the same time. I like to draw out a defense skill (such as domain) in my sutra combos.. and undine -> sutra -> genie spark + d.pyro (same time) -> pyro -> wotp -> d.pyro -> pyro almost always gets the job done. Often times I'd have to add in a fortify or something to complete the combo, but without a defensive skill.. unless someone WAY outgears me.. they're going to drop. It really makes no sense to waste another 2 sparks if it'll be ineffective due to a defensive skill or not needed because you can get the job done with smaller skills. Just my 2 cents
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    pretty much this.. sutra ulti is an effective strategy in some circumstances, but in most cases it is a waste to use 4 sparks on a single target at the same time. I like to draw out a defense skill (such as domain) in my sutra combos.. and undine -> sutra -> genie spark + d.pyro (same time) -> pyro -> wotp -> d.pyro -> pyro almost always gets the job done. Often times I'd have to add in a fortify or something to complete the combo, but without a defensive skill.. unless someone WAY outgears me.. they're going to drop. It really makes no sense to waste another 2 sparks if it'll be ineffective due to a defensive skill or not needed because you can get the job done with smaller skills. Just my 2 cents

its not like you can only target 1 person, when the first person dies -> tab and go on
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    its not like you can only target 1 person, when the first person dies -> tab and go on

you don't use sutra for multiple targets lol
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    you don't use sutra for multiple targets lol

psh yeah you do. when you go in the enemy's base and see a lot of ppl grouped together.

1) run in range.
    2) use sutra.
    3) pyro
    4) tab
    5) gush
    6) tab
    7) dpyro
    8) tab
    9) pyro
    10) repeatedly spam crown of flames when sutra runs out
    11) when you start getting targeted, feign death.
    12) rinse/repeat
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So I hit the Suttra key and them the macro key?

Today i was able to made: DP>GS-Pyro>DP and out of the sutra an extra GS since it cast really fast.

Thks for all your answers.

yes, i keep my sutra key right next to my macro.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    I never use macros in pvp.. skills are too situational and macros have a noticeable delay between skills >.>
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I never use macros in pvp.. skills are too situational and macros have a noticeable delay between skills >.>

I noticed that too. Furthermore if I get too reliant on macros in pvp, then I always fall into the trap of hitting a macro that requires sparkes, when I don't have the sparks. Wasted time.

Question: does Faith break negative status affects too, or just block? I assume it's just a block from the description, but sometimes the descriptions are inaccurate.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    I noticed that too. Furthermore if I get too reliant on macros in pvp, then I always fall into the trap of hitting a macro that requires sparkes, when I don't have the sparks. Wasted time.

Question: does Faith break negative status affects too, or just block? I assume it's just a block from the description, but sometimes the descriptions are inaccurate.

i would not waste 160 energy on just an immune. It does purify all debuffs and makes you immune to all debuffs for 5 seconds after the purify. That is why it's so valuable against sins.

• MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011

+ it's the only purify you get from soulburn (other than dying). unless you're a seeker.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    + it's the only purify you get from soulburn (other than dying). unless you're a seeker.

I did not even know that. :O Nice... Seekers have their 79 skill to purify?

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    I did not even know that. :O Nice... Seekers have their 79 skill to purify?

quid pro quo transfers it. I was actually thinking of leveling a sin to like 8x and taking off all its gear and leave it in stealth while white name.. leveling up a seeker and provoking a white name veno/psy or something to dot me (or soulburn) and transfer it to my sin in stealth. If it kills the sin, it registers as the original person to use the debuff as killing, so it would make the veno/psy go red name.. and then I'd proceed to farm them for gear :D If only I could lvl a sin/seeker D:
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    quid pro quo transfers it. I was actually thinking of leveling a sin to like 8x and taking off all its gear and leave it in stealth while white name.. leveling up a seeker and provoking a white name veno/psy or something to dot me (or soulburn) and transfer it to my sin in stealth. If it kills the sin, it registers as the original person to use the debuff as killing, so it would make the veno/psy go red name.. and then I'd proceed to farm them for gear :D If only I could lvl a sin/seeker D:

except only noobs would agree to that. have fun farming npc gear. b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    except only noobs would agree to that. have fun farming npc gear. b:chuckle

If the only criteria for my idea to work is that my targets are noobs, I think I need to get on this idea..

Besides, if I just harass some psy/veno on a red name seeker, most white names wouldn't think twice about fighting back.. but the second that bleed/soulburn/dot w/e goes off, I can throw it on the sin for a surprise red name. Iunno, was just an idea :D
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    If the only criteria for my idea to work is that my targets are noobs, I think I need to get on this idea..

Besides, if I just harass some psy/veno on a red name seeker, most white names wouldn't think twice about fighting back.. but the second that bleed/soulburn/dot w/e goes off, I can throw it on the sin for a surprise red name. Iunno, was just an idea :D

maybe a nix veno. although most people are idiotic enough to bleed/soulburn an HA user so. . .
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    maybe a nix veno. although most people are idiotic enough to bleed/soulburn an HA user so. . .

so. . . it would probably work?
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    so. . . it would probably work?

i use it to kill people in my pt while they're still in my pt.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    i use it to kill people in my pt while they're still in my pt.

ahhaha
This discussion has been closed.