Hi! - I'm new here.

Options
kenoke93
kenoke93 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
I'm downloading the game right now, and while I wait why not ask some questions?

-Whats the level cap
-How long does it take to level to the cap from 1?
-How addicting is this game?
-How many people play?
-Is there a newbie guild I could join in on?
-What server should I join if I am located in West Coast of tha USA?

Danke!
Post edited by kenoke93 on

Comments

• StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1. Whats the level cap
    2. How long does it take to level to the cap from 1?
    3. How addicting is this game?
    4. How many people play?
    5. Is there a newbie guild I could join in on?
    6. What server should I join if I am located in West Coast of tha USA?

1. 105
    2. Depends on what you do. If you quest a veeeeeeeery long time. If you hyper and oracle than you can make it within a month.
    3. After a while it gets boring (for me at least xD)
    4. Phew.. A lot, PWI itself says 15million last time i checked xD But i don't know if that's true.
    5. You might wanna check the World Chat (yellow chat) when you have created a character. Most of the time people are advertising there.
    6. Since you're new i'd recommend a PvE server on the west coast. Unless you're really into PvP. Sanctuary is a western PvE server and i believe Archosaur is too (correct me if i'm wrong).
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • itzmurda
    itzmurda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Anywhere from a few weeks to a couple months, depending if you are a cash shopper or not.
    *On a scale from 1-10. 10 being the highest 7.5
    *Depends on which server you decide to play in
    *If you are into PVP try Lost City. If your more of a PVE player try Santuary or Heavens Tear. Archosaur is not a very populated server but if that's what your going for then go ahead.

b:surrender
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kenoke93 wrote: »
    I'm downloading the game right now, and while I wait why not ask some questions?

-Whats the level cap 105. But this has been answered. I heard things about it being raised to 115 but maybe that was my imagination. >_>
    -How long does it take to level to the cap from 1? Probably a few months if you put in a lot of effort, if you're not a cash shopper. Hopefully you're not. Since you're new to the game, I'd suggest staying as close to "traditional style" leveling as much as possible until at least 85 on your main.
    -How addicting is this game? The game itself? Not really, I guess. You kind of have to set personal goals and make friends for it to be addicting.
    -How many people play? Plenty, depending on the server. I'm in Raging Tide, obviously, and there are plenty of people running around.
    -Is there a newbie guild I could join in on? Tons of them. My guild is actually accepting members of all levels for the time being. We're all pretty loyal and friendly. We have our own site and voice chat every day using Team Speak 3. If you end up in Raging Tide, give me a whisper if you need help. If you think you'd fit in with us, you'd be welcome to join.
    -What server should I join if I am located in West Coast of tha USA? I've never paid much attention to the server coasts, really. I'm in the midwest, I just joined Raging Tide because I liked the name. b:chuckle

Danke!

Hope this helped. b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kenoke93 wrote: »

-Whats the level cap
    -How long does it take to level to the cap from 1?
    -How addicting is this game?
    -How many people play?
    -Is there a newbie guild I could join in on?
    -What server should I join if I am located in West Coast of tha USA?

Danke!

1. 105

2. It depends a lot on you, but even with FC I've heard reaching the cap gets harder after 101. You can get to 100 with a week or so if you cash shop, but then people won't like you if you don't know what your doing. To be honest, I would mix the styles up. I would do the initial quests until you finish your FB19. Then I would use oracles until lvl 40 when you do your FB39. The reason being that at level 40 you can get Bounty Hunter Quests. You learn a LOT about squad dynamics doing them. I would do those at the very least until level 75. If you haven't learned to play by then, then hypering isn't going to change how slow you are at learning your class.

3. It can be a lot of fun if you ignore the people who complain about all the bugs, find a fun faction and don't take it too hard that other people might have better gear than you do.

4. IDK, PWI claims at least 15 million. I'm guessing it's more around half that though, since a lot of people are just alts. That being said, 7.5 million people isn't a bad number at all.

5. There are always newbie guilds you can join.

6. One of the west coast servers that isn't Archosaur. Do you want to focus on fighting other players or do you prefer to be able to play at your own place without worrying about getting killed by other players unless you are ready to engage in PVP. I prefer the latter but a lot of people prefer the former too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is it me, or do two people in this thread seem to be under the impression you can level 1 to 105 in a few weeks to a month?

O_O
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is it me, or do two people in this thread seem to be under the impression you can level 1 to 105 in a few weeks to a month?

O_O

It's just you. You aren't just paranoid and they are all out to get you. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The first 105 didn't turn 105 until after 2 and a half years after open beta
    According to the PW rankings there's only 8 105s
    ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The first 105 didn't turn 105 until after 2 and a half years after open beta
    According to the PW rankings there's only 8 105s
    ijs.

The first 105 was an assassin, a class that came out way after open beta. So it's not quite that bad. Also there are plenty of players that could have been 105 ages ago but choose not to because there is some stuff that is only usable for people below 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The first 105 was an assassin, a class that came out way after open beta. So it's not quite that bad. Also there are plenty of players that could have been 105 ages ago but choose not to because there is some stuff that is only usable for people below 105.

I guess that's true
    But still, I think less than a month is somewhat unrealistic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I guess that's true
    But still, I think less than a month is somewhat unrealistic

Oh yes, definitely completely unrealistic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: