... Seeker Demon Bookclip glitch.

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
talked to the Mystical Librarian got 2 demon Seeker Bookclips i opeed them on my seeker and got these.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/DemonSeekerMessUp.png

now if you look at the picture i got a

○Soul Shatter outta one of them
and
●Yataghan Vortex outta the 2nd demon Seeker book clip. b:angry

Yataghan was what i was trying for now... how in the hell did i get a sage book outta my demon book clips?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Did you try suing the Mystical Librarian???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You tried learning it?

There was an issue with one of the Assassin skills I got a long time back (Sage RibStrike) it was labelled Demon, but I could go to the Sage Trainer and learn it. (Learn the Sage one :p)
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    You tried learning it?

There was an issue with one of the Assassin skills I got a long time back (Sage RibStrike) it was labelled Demon, but I could go to the Sage Trainer and learn it. (Learn the Sage one :p)

91 seeker b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    91 seeker b:chuckle

If its going to be learnable it will still showup in your respective trainers skill list, wether you have the culti, level, spirit or cash or not. Having the book alone will make it show.

Go see, if it doesnt show, you got a sage book, ticket time.

If it shows, its a scary but harmless text anomaly and you can chill out and level in peace, knowing you have your epyk skyll waitin on yo.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You tried learning it?

Interesting...I know that something similar happened to a friend of ours, but all his barb books came out sage from the demon bookclips (he spent the whole like 5k tokens on the whole set). It's a 99 skill so even if he can still learn it at the demon trainer, it won't be for a while, lol.

What Esco forgot to mention is that even the PW database shows the sage vortex coming out of the (random) demon bookclips.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/30958
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    this happened to my friend, he got 3 sage vortexes, just send a ticket and the gms will help u out. he got his demon thanks to the gms
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    If its going to be learnable it will still showup in your respective trainers skill list, wether you have the culti, level, spirit or cash or not. Having the book alone will make it show.

Go see, if it doesnt show, you got a sage book, ticket time.

If it shows, its a scary but harmless text anomaly and you can chill out and level in peace, knowing you have your epyk skyll waitin on yo.

well thanks to this suggestion i checked the demon npc and found out i cant even learn my regular skills from him. yes i have enough coin and spirit literally none of my skills showed up so i went the heaven and checked the sage npc and nope still cant learn it from him either. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    well thanks to this suggestion i checked the demon npc and found out i cant even learn my regular skills from him. yes i have enough coin and spirit literally none of my skills showed up so i went the heaven and checked the sage npc and nope still cant learn it from him either. b:cry

b:puzzled are you trolling me or is there really such an epic fail glitch?

If its the latter O_______________________________O''
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    b:puzzled are you trolling me or is there really such an epic fail glitch?

If its the latter O_______________________________O''

-.-; no im not trolling you. i happened to grab the 2 89 books i had outta my bank and it let me learn them but i cant level normal skills in hell i guess. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Game: Perfect World International
    Server:
    Character:
    Submission Type: Customer Support and GM Help
    Category: Gameplay
    Operating System:
    Internet Service Provider:
    Connection Type:
    Computer Manufacturer:
    Summary:
    Details:
    Where did you experience this issue? (If available in game, please note the coordinate numbers.): When i opened a Demon Seeker Bookclip from the Mystical Librarian.
    Which character(s), NPC(s), item(s), skill(s), or quest(s) were involved?: Iakothm my character i used i opened up 2 Demon Seeker Bookclip i got a Demon Soul Shatter and a Sage Yataghan Vortex. this happened around 2:30 PDT.
    What exactly happened? Please be as detailed as possible.: Iakothm my character i used i opened up 2 Demon Seeker Bookclip i got a Demon Soul Shatter and a Sage Yataghan Vortex this happened around 2:30 PDT.
    What do you believe should have happened?: I should have gotten Demon Yataghan Vortex instead of the Sage Version since i was Opening a Demon Book Clip. I would like the Sage Book i Have in my inventory to be Exchanged for the Demon Version since after all i was trying to get that Demon Yataghan Vortex and instead got Sage Yataghan Vortex outta the bookclip.
    Attachment:
    Demon Seeker Mess Up.JPG

Solution
    Solved:
    (5/27/2011 3:26 PM PDT)
    It appears that the item you wish to exchange does have a random chance of coming from the Demon Seeker book. We will be unable to exchange the item by player request. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

P.S. Each month we will randomly pick 10 users that have provided feedback and reward them each with 750 ZEN. Please offer me feedback via our rating survey so I know how well I'm assisting our community! Thank you!
    gotta love how i get screwed yet again. b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    -.-; no im not trolling you. i happened to grab the 2 89 books i had outta my bank and it let me learn them but i cant level normal skills in hell i guess. b:shocked

Thats a bit broken. Eh, theyl fix it in a year or two. I mean, by the time you hit 100 theyl have had like 6 months right?

Wait....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It appears that the item you wish to exchange does have a random chance of coming from the Demon Seeker book. We will be unable to exchange the item by player request. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Paraphrased:
    I'm sorry, we don't really care. Please spend more money to rectify this situation. Thank you (not really). PWI Staff.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    ^ this is exactly how i feel right now. they basically took a 10 foot pole and stuffed the whole thing up my *** with no lube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    this happened to my friend, he got 3 sage vortexes, just send a ticket and the gms will help u out. he got his demon thanks to the gms

can you ask your friend to pm me a copy of the ticket he submitted you can remove all the names and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Interesting...I know that something similar happened to a friend of ours, but all his barb books came out sage from the demon bookclips (he spent the whole like 5k tokens on the whole set). It's a 99 skill so even if he can still learn it at the demon trainer, it won't be for a while, lol.

What Esco forgot to mention is that even the PW database shows the sage vortex coming out of the (random) demon bookclips.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/30958

Know what's even more interesting?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/30979

Can't even get Demon from the individual books. Apparently you need the bookclip.

So you can get Sage from both randoms, but Demons get shafted. But that's okay because it's the way it's supposed to be apparently. =X
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Know what's even more interesting?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/30979

Can't even get Demon from the individual books. Apparently you need the bookclip.

So you can get Sage from both randoms, but Demons get shafted. But that's okay because it's the way it's supposed to be apparently. =X

Oh, I swear to all the higher deities you can possibly think of...if something like this happens when it's time for my mystic to go sage...

I'm the calmer half of Escorian, sure; until I'm provoked.

BTW, thanks guys. Because of your BS excuse, I got awoken out of my deep sleep because of him fuming at this ****.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Geez I wanna vomit on poor coding....
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    can a mod pass this on to frankie please? i would like to get this fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    pffft obviously getting a sage book from a demon clipbook is.... perfectly legit... what bug? ... what sage gives the sage book too? ... you should be thanking them for giving you 2x drops on sage vortex... that is all. b:laugh
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    can you ask your friend to pm me a copy of the ticket he submitted you can remove all the names and stuff.

ya ill make an attempt he wont have a computer till wed so might be a bit =/

i hate how the staff are all flip floppy on this stuff.
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

P.S. Each month we will randomly pick 10 users that have provided feedback and reward them each with 750 ZEN. Please offer me feedback via our rating survey so I know how well I'm assisting our community! Thank you!

That's funny.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Escorian, I'm closing this post due to the fact that it's actually against forum rules:

8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

But I am forwarding the issue to our QA team and Customer Service team and I'll find out what's going on.
This discussion has been closed.