New achievements: maybe a hint on something?

Myralis - Sanctuary
Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
So I noticed today that we are indeed getting achievements for leveling an earthguard now.
But I also found something strange. One of them says:
"Level one of every class to 30 on one server."

We got 10 classes... and 8 character slots. So, impossible achievement or maybe a planned expansion in slots?

Probably more like impossible since I guess most people did like me and roll their earthguard on a second account ._.'
[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
Post edited by Myralis - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I hope they will extent the character slots :)
    I won't get that achievement anyhow though xD Since I'm lvling diff chars on diff accounts :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    and i see they totally screwed up what achievements each account has and hasn't attained. again.

lol, it gave me the "level a mystic to 10" award. my mystic's not on this account. i don't think i've even bothered taking him to level 10...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wouldn't you get the achievement if you leveled 8 classes to 30, then deleted two of them, and used the freed slots to level the remaining two classes to 30? If so, its not impossible.
    It very well could be a hint at an increase in character slots though.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Or it could be a classic PWI blooper.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If they manage to make so you can link your main account with an alt one for CORE connect (after proving it is yours, obviously), I guess it could work.

But of course, I guess it will not happen.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Maybe does it count if you level up to 30, delete the chara, made a new one and level up to 30 until complete the 10 different classes you can level up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Oh that lvl 105 wizzy one is so epic :D

EVERYONE WILL BURN!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

:3
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • Yasrae - Sanctuary
    Yasrae - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I think what they mean by that is they want you to lvl 1 class to 30 then delete it and so on...you don't keep the toon if your just working on the achievement.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Hm the deleting thing might work..... but... would anoyne seriously do this...? o.o;

Not sure, I'd guess on either more slots or a linking of core profiles like Lesthar said.
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    >.> the achievements work cross servers so you can level up a mystic and seeker on another server and level up all the other 8 on another one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hmm, likely a mistake; let me look into it-
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    >.> the achievements work cross servers so you can level up a mystic and seeker on another server and level up all the other 8 on another one.

that particular achievement says it has to be the same server.

D: Ninjaed by Frankie :) Thanks frankie for listening to our concerns, you rock. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The new achievements are probably something detailing whomever can spend $2k in under 5 minutes
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The new achievements are probably something detailing whomever can spend $2k in under 5 minutes

no, that would sort under the "economic" category, which... seems to be empty, for me. as in, i have zero out of zero possible in that one. i could swear that didn't use to be the case.

same with "social". and i'm sure "quests" used to have more than two entries. oh well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All right, turns out that the text is incorrect-- characters will actually be recognized across all servers, not a single server.

We'll fix the text as soon as possible.

Thanks for bringing this up :)
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All right, turns out that the text is incorrect-- characters will actually be recognized across all servers, not a single server.

We'll fix the text as soon as possible.

Thanks for bringing this up :)

Perfect World Entertainment : Dissapointing you at every opportunity.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Incoming sudden bipolar change. b:surrender
    Perfect World Entertainment : Dissapointing you at every opportunity.

In defense of frankie and PWE, this is not their fault. Remember that CORE is a PWE exclusive extra. Do not expect the developers to add more character slots just for our asthetic achievements. If we ever get 10 character slots, I can assure you it won't be because of us.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Incoming sudden bipolar change. b:surrender

In defense of frankie and PWE, this is not their fault. Remember that CORE is a PWE exclusive extra. Do not expect the developers to add more character slots just for our asthetic achievements. If we ever get 10 character slots, I can assure you it won't be because of us.

Amazingly I typed that just because ive had it "in waiting" for about a month and needed to let go b:chuckle

I seriously dont want or need 10 slots on one account. If you need that many... Theres just something wrong. I know you can share gears and similar (bound and via account stash), but theres a limit on the classes as to what gears you will ever share.... Simply putting Heavy and Light classes on one account and Arcanes on the other would let you share pretty much all gear to the right classes with ease. No more slots needed. (Il admit LA / AA might want to share amulets.... But if youve all 10 classes at 100 you should be able to buy 2 sets of Protection belts with all your nirvana keys used merely to open for 5 or less man squads :p)
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Poo I like my Sanc ._.
    Guess I'll stick around with my earthguard on my server and say bite me achievement XD

But yay for finding a text error.
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    CuteVenoXD - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hmm i guess it would be better if you put some more character slots on an account, since some people don't feel like switching server, and btw it isnt forbidden to have 2 accounts, right? (not that that would give the achievement that way) but i just wanna make sure i couldnt find it anywhere so i guess its just allowed?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    In the "Multi-Clienting Rule Changes" thread, frankie states that all players may only have a maximum of 2 accounts, unless they already had more before the rule change. However those exceptions are stuck at the current number of accounts that they have.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I actually submitted a ticket about the alt achievement. They basically said it was made before the earthguard expansion and just hasn't been removed/altered yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    CuteVenoXD - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Oki b:bye