Pet/mount/AC pet summoning: Anyone noticed the change?

Options
Lesthar - Heavens Tear
Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Hello again people,

I just wanted to talk today about something that really was a fresh welcome and that I guess has not been discussed about so far.

You surely noticed that you can switch from one summon to another when you are a mystic, right? Well, venoes can do that now, as in there is no need to stow a pet to summon another. It's great to adjust strategies if the situation requires it.

But that is not all! It also works for mounts and all-class pets! So the wish to get off your mount to bash a monster that bullies you with your favorite pet is possible (of course if you are a mystic and veno)!

Man, I am glad this discreet change was made. It's a positive initiative that sadly was rather unexplained and I'd love to see more of these minor tweaks.

Oh and to possible trolls, let me sincerely tell you that I am not a yes-man towards management. I love keeping my freedom of thought and will rant from time to time. I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Thanks for reading this post, feel free to comment. b:thanks Time to go snooze again.

P.S.: As as always, don't aim for trollbait. There are better threads for that. b:scorn
Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
- When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
- Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
- New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
- When will we get new content? QQ
- Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
- I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
- *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
Post edited by Lesthar - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I had noticed. Its a nice addition but id rather they fixed many, many other things instead :)
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm still not able to use a summon from the back of a mount. (as a mystic). If I am mounted, trying to summon does nothing. Calling a pet is always possible and removes summons or stows the mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mhm I've noticed this on my veno, it's good! Saves time.b:cute
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOVE this addition :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is a good addition but something was also messed up when they made this change... Used to be able while holding someone, open up the pet menu and you could summon your mount/pet, but your no longer able to do this. So if you want to run around on your mount, you have to drop the person and then re-embrace.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm still not able to use a summon from the back of a mount. (as a mystic). If I am mounted, trying to summon does nothing. Calling a pet is always possible and removes summons or stows the mount.
    This is because the mystic summons arn't pets, they are technically skills. but they work for venos because all of them are pets. I love this change as well.
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I had noticed this the other day but never gave it a second thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    xP I noticed this months ago
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry Lesthar, but you're a bit late b:surrender It was posted on the veno forum when the expansion just came out ^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes, love the new fast-swapping ability, great for pulling. (takes some practice to time it right though). Unfortunately, when using this, the default skill for my pets seems to be random. Sometimes it seems to remember what it was on before, sometimes it's the first skill, (which used to be the norm), and sometimes it's any one of them. Can be dangerous in some situations.

I opened a ticket, but got the blah blah blah unintended feature blah blah nothing wrong blah blah maybe it will get fixed in a future patch response. which is kinda funny, they say nothing's broken and then say that it may be fixed in a future patch.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I noticed. And in my opinion it was the only good thing that came along with the Genesis expansion.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To Infernia: I hope they will fix/add more positive things in the future (I secretly keep my fingers crossed for that).

To Rubblemancer: Oh, my bad. I guess I swapped from battle pet and AC pet (in two different situations) for mount... Too bad the inverse does not work, then.

To Ilubby and lizrau: *nod nod*

To _Nuriko_: That's some interesting feedback you bring here.

To Gigglesnort: For once it's not a glitch/programming mistake... b:laugh

To Krisnda: Meh, mystic summons are so cool! I refuse to call them 'skills'.
    Oh here is a great quote from Storm Mistress that I kept in mind for a while: 'Do you know what happens to a toad when it is struck by lightning?' (if she does that on her spare time... scary)

To _Skai_: Indeed, but I wondered when I would write about it. I kept forgetting about it/thought no one would care. I presumed that with the number of threads full of discontentment, few people would actually notice and praise discreet changes in PWI.

To Waterfal: Oh, sorry then. I guess I was not around the forums back then... Was exploring the Earthguard zone with my new characters. Hence why I put 'I guess'.

To Allisandre: Then let's hope they really fix it. Strangely, that bug never happened to me (and I got about four skills for all of the pets I got).

To _Ink_: Nice (better than nothing, right?) but rather depressing news from you. I enjoy all that is given to me, as long as it does not mess with my way of gaming/gives me no more hope to play the game. b:surrender
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    This is because the mystic summons arn't pets, they are technically skills. but they work for venos because all of them are pets. I love this change as well.

If it's a skill, why is it mutually exclusive with pets?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    Eris - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I found out the hard way about this change. I was tanking a boss in TT and I was going to press 7 for mp food when I hit 8 which is my mount key. Next thing I know I see "summon pet" and my herc vanishes and I died. b:embarrass I had to change the pet keys that way I don't end up doing that again. no biggie. I just have to remember that my keys are different than from what they have been for years.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

Correction, summons are merely pets that are activated via skills. If a summon could be called with the Pet thingy, it would work as well.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To Eris: Ouch. I hope you managed to make profit of that change for something positive (easier battling, etc.)

To Yukkuri: How in the world did you manage to do that?!
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The only thing I've noticed, is the small print on the Platinum Charms in the CS giving away one free Hyper Stone per purchase.

Was probably mentioned on the news page somewhere, but honestly, I stopped giving a **** about that months ago.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The only thing I've noticed, is the small print on the Platinum Charms in the CS giving away one free Hyper Stone per purchase.

Was probably mentioned on the news page somewhere, but honestly, I stopped giving a **** about that months ago.

Umm, wrong topic?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If it's a skill, why is it mutually exclusive with pets?

because the pet bag is a different thing from the skill list. no other real reason i can think of.

oh, one other: you can get things back out of the pet bag, not so the skill list. or maybe that's just how the two are different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To Yukkuri: How in the world did you manage to do that?!

Two words: Private Server.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • luxferro
    luxferro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    +1 for that!
    I like the change.
    Thanks PW!
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure how new it is but I just noticed that I had clicked someones pet in town, then without paying attention I tried to heal mine and the spell animation went over the other persons pet. It was already at full health so I'm not sure if it actually healed it or not. Just something else pet related that I wanted to through out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You could always heal other peoples pets lol.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • latissimus
    latissimus Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Something else I've noticed with this change. I used to be able to mount mid air. Can't do that any more. Now I have to wait until I've landed before calling the mount will work.

I suppose you could say that it is no longer possible to hit the ground running.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To luxferro: Hey managers, one more happy customer for you! Ain't that cool? (sarcasm off)
    To Yukkuri: Oh, I see now. Well, if you went to PWI haxor edition, of course that kinda mess is possible... I never went to that place and I guess I don't need to. Thanks for the reply.
    To Gigglesnort: You indeed healed someone else's pet, as _Nuriko_ said. Works for mystics and venoes alike.
    To latissimus: Sounds like a funny glitch. Too bad I never could try that. b:laugh

As for the debate on if summons are considered pets, I believe yes, after all. They just come in books instead of eggs (thus are not tamed as is)... and I really would not want to waste pet bags for obligatory summons. On top of that, venoes can indeed make their own selection of pets (and have to, unlike Pokemon b:chuckle). I could write a full article on basic differences between Mystics and Venomancers, but I wonder if that would interest anyone.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I could write a full article on basic differences between Mystics and Venomancers, but I wonder if that would interest anyone.

I would be interested, but it would probably belong in the veno or mystic forum, depending on your bias.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I could write a full article on basic differences between Mystics and Venomancers, but I wonder if that would interest anyone.

If more people read the forums, I'd say it might be useful in getting people to stop thinking I can heal other people. I'm not sure how anyone who is over level ten can get Mystics and Venomancers confused.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If more people read the forums, I'd say it might be useful in getting people to stop thinking I can heal other people. I'm not sure how anyone who is over level ten can get Mystics and Venomancers confused.

i've been asked to res buff people while playing my veno. i admit my eldergoth's pretty ugly, but i hadn't thought he was chihyu ugly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Even if Devil is ugly, Storm Mistress and especially Sally b:dirty surely compensate b:victory

And you must forgive them... most players only see sins in FCC while they level up
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To Rubblemancer: Indeed, but I wonder who actually reads the Veno and/or the Mystic sections. Besides, if I write an article, I'd like most of people to see and comment on it... This is why I don't create threads often. Heck, I have even thought of creating a thread with small references to pop culture in PWI character customization once, many months ago, but I don't think I will for now.

To _Ink_ and LenieClarke: Give them some bramble buff and be on your way. A spark if they are nice and in your party. And if not, tell them 'Look well at my ears and tail and my pets, guess what class is that?' And then if they still ask for cleric buffs, just say 'nvm' and leave them to their idiocy.

To Daedallus: well, I always found the Chiyu funny, as he runs like an ape and asks 'When will we return to battle?' when just finishing a fight or busy. I sincerely like Storm Mistress and Salvation (the latter's true name's Azure, btw), even if they are not so proficient in battle. I basically have affection for all of my pets and summons.
    Guess what I stated above about the two female summons is because I am a guy too, but I don't want my mystic to die, so I gotta rely on scantily clad purple demon ape dude in battle, even if he's neither really a tanker, nor a DDer. b:lipcurl