Always wondered

Options
FloraFang - Harshlands
FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Venomancer
hello there ^^ I was just wonder ing how strong are venos in the world of pvp? I know for sure I don't have enough kills to boast and I want moreb:angry. So I was wondering what are some of your pk strategies? Knowing full well that ppl ridicule venos for not having enough attack power to be called a true magic class. And honestly I would agree our ulties kind of suck save for Parasitic Nova because of it's seal and freeze which last 8seconds! but the damage isn't up there with say a mystic thicket or cleric tempest.
Oh that's right I have another question xD what are some ways you maximize your damage? (and i mean like your armor what type do you go for? weapon adds? etc...,) And one last question do you really have to go r9 or can you opt for Nirvana and still be on par with a r9(due to how ugly I think patakas are) without lowing my damage?b:surrenderb:bye
The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
Post edited by FloraFang - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Get a QQBird....Send QQBird and kite...

/thread b:avoidb:laugh

(side note: you do not have to get R9 -.-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    Zvyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Patakas were always my favorite. I carry one or two for the stance, not because they are a good weapon. They look more intimidating than a wand or sword anyway.

PvP is more skill than how good your pets and gears are. Of course, having good gears and a decent pet always work in your favor.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    They look more intimidating than a wand or sword anyway.

whatever she said.

i think veno are great with full rank 9 and a nix. cant go wrong with those.b:laugh
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Get a QQBird....Send QQBird and kite...
    Well, these times r over, aren't they? In endgame pvp a nix isn't rly a great help anymore. The most useful thing about nix then is the additional stun that pounce gives u. Nix itself dies in 1-2 hits.

About the dmg: yes, our magic dmg is the lowest compared to the other magic classes. But here the pataka helps for example, it's not a bad weapon. If u take the average dmg of a pataka and a magic sword (just by comparing the weapon's magic attack), then the sword has higher dmg. But a sword's max dmg is pretty close to its average dmg. U won't get high dmg spikes. A pataka's max dmg is pretty decent, its peak dmg rly makes a difference in pvp. The pataka's dmg spikes come into play here, especially together with crits. And together with attack lvl.

About R9: u only need it if u r facing someone with R9. Even then it depends on ur enemy. There r R9 that u can still beat with HH99 gear and the R8 weapon for example. But most of the time u'll need R9 in those cases. And u rly need R9 for the attack lvl bonus if u r fighting ppl with high defense lvl.
    Btw: a pure magic veno with full R9 (weapon +12) outdamages a pure mage with full NV (weapon +12). Due to the attack lvl. Best way to test it is in PvE: the NV mage can't hold aggro against the R9 veno. So if u can get R9, then ofc it's better than NV.

Venos in PvP in general: we still do pretty well. Sins r annoying of course but there r ways to counter them. Imo R9 Psys r our hardest enemies in PvP. But i guess every other class has the same problem. R9 Psys r pretty OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    Zvyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow, this a forum and you can't use real English? Personally, I like using the Glaives. They have decent high damage and if you refine it just gets better. Most magic players end up getting a glaive or pataka weapon at "end game". Very few people maintain a wand or sword weapon at the end.

Like I said before, gears and pets are only part of the equation. Your skill at your class is generally what makes you good at PvP. Everything else just helps.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I use magic swords for the reason I will not buy anything I cannot put in the account stash. R9 is nice and all but it is too expensive and until they do some cheap sale like they did the R8 and introduce R10 then I officially do not care about the Pataka as a weapon... actually I'd prefer it if they did a Warsoul Weapon sale to invalidate the R9 weapons b:laugh
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, these times r over, aren't they? In endgame pvp a nix isn't rly a great help anymore.

Not much help in PvE either unless you desire to be lazy.
    About the dmg: yes, our magic dmg is the lowest compared to the other magic classes. But here the pataka helps for example, it's not a bad weapon.

It's not fair to compare mag dmg when we ch/cast faster than wizzies on most comparable skills w/o being as chi hungry, AND we reap more from eruption (900% vs 700%). We can also put Howl on a pet for more mdmg.
    If u take the average dmg of a pataka and a magic sword (just by comparing the weapon's magic attack), then the sword has higher dmg. But a sword's max dmg is pretty close to its average dmg. U won't get high dmg spikes. A pataka's max dmg is pretty decent, its peak dmg rly makes a difference in pvp. The pataka's dmg spikes come into play here, especially together with crits. And together with attack lvl.

You wanna go down as relying on luck?
    Now you're talking luck, not skill. Veno doesn't really need that ****.
    So if u can get R9, then ofc it's better than NV.

It really depends on the equip and purpose.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Heavenberry - Dreamweaver
    Heavenberry - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I always thought we venos are more of a support in TW situations, kamikaze purge, amp. \(>ω<)
    Allthough 2-3+ venos's nixes are quite strong on "bleed assist"imo.

In duels we should be ok against intervals though, just wait for that spark and
    bramble hood> fox form> purge> amp> nix bleed> should be over.
    Achievment unlocked: Lagg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I know why you cry, but it is something I can never do.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I always thought we venos are more of a support in TW situations, kamikaze purge, amp. \(>ω<)
    Allthough 2-3+ venos's nixes are quite strong on "bleed assist"imo.

In duels we should be ok against intervals though, just wait for that spark and
    bramble hood> fox form> purge> amp> nix bleed> should be over.

It's going to depend on your strengths and weaknesses, and what's needed. I keep my distance and kill before they know what's hitting them. If I go in kamikaze I could die before doing anything.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The many views of ppl O_o. Yesterday i asked a friend of mine ( mystic lvl76) if she could drop by so i could run some test ofc she doesn't like to pvp so we dueled ( which imho isn't the same thing) and I was only able to beat her once out of 8 duels D8 I was going nutz like how the hell??? ANd yes i did purge her when it started but that knockback skill they have does a lot of damage. But that's just against a mystic they have that stupid buff that increases pdef,wa(water)def and wo(wood)defso i was only doing 800- dmg to her before i purged.
    But like i said that's a mystic i most likely just used the wrong skills and my only current pet is a Magmite( i refuse to use a glacial walker as the magmite has always been my first).
    I want to hear what are some of the ways you face off against other classes(i.e. what do you do if you take the offence or how do you take the deffence)? and using what weapon?
    Cleric-
    Another Veno(specify armor) -
    Blademaster-
    Assassin-
    Psychic-
    Seeker-
    Barbarian-
    b:shutupetc..
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute