I hate the "barbs are worthless" debate. Can someone please help?

1235»

Comments

• Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    And you all know what you're talking about...?

Depending on the party setup.

Clerics *can* DD

this is what i think
    In order of situation

1. BB
    2. IH/group heal
    3. buff/debuff
    4. RB
    5. DD

the only way you can actually go full DD for most part
    1.) when tank actually is claw barb with blood paint from a sin.

but with actually 2 melee DD in your party, if there is no veno to de-armor the boss.. debuffing the boss is more important.

2.) if the barb is a full r9 tanking barb, no sin and everyone else is a magic dd then you probably need to set up bb/IH him and throw in a dd when you can (not that you can dd in bb)

so you want to DD often?

Find a boss that cancel bb yet doesnt do AoE dmg to everyone, doesnt debuff anyone and in a party where the barb can tank very well, no sin and no melee dd unless you have a veno.

See how not feasible is that?
    even if you can do such a party, the barb will probably be charmed, potting away to avoid charm tick.

Do you know what happen when cleric is not needed to Heal much?
    Look at nirvana run and get an idea.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I take my job as cleric very seriously. BB cannot be set up on many of the bosses between the two 99 dungeons. I always have the squad menu open, but if I'm trying to save one person while some other idiot is down to the last 2k of their hp there isn't a whole lot I can do. I have all of the basics down very well. (In case your noob *** has forgotten, Chromatic takes a long time to channel even with -chan gear. Not very useful when the BM isn't the greatest tank either with 5-6k HP, if I'm lucky they have 7k+.)

I am glad I play on a different server. I don't have to deal with jacks like you guys. Honestly speaking, answer me this, how often does a cleric have a squad for the their kill quests? The general ones that used to get all of us original players leveled up. How often does a cleric really need a squad? Hm, okay, the odd boss here or there, FB dungeons, and TT. Great, now, for the majority of the game play, what skills will the cleric rely on? It's not the healing skills. Healing skills don't kill a mob or a boss, they just make the dying last longer.

There are things that are attractive about every class of the game. I never liked 99.9% of the cleric skills until I started using them. I did make my cleric only because Tempest was the next coolest skill to the dragon aoes of the Human classes. Because I recognized that I would have the need of a squad, I made sure my heals and buffs were up-to-date and even got that stupid skill BB. There is that wall again. Cleric's aren't meant to just buff and heal. We have that other skill tree too and we make a damn good DD when given the chance.

And I learned how to play cleric from the best clerics on my server.

man i must be a cleric, because for the past 2 years and 81 levels, I've rarely ever needed a squad to kill my quests for me. I've On the odd ocasion even been able to solo with a bit of pot spamming and crazy key bashing solo my own bosses, hell, i even half tanked my FB. I guess that makes me a cleric eh? because i dont need a squd for much, squads need me? Imm telling you, my barb res comesi nhandy, 100% exp loss and, your still dead afterwards.

But no, i love the clerics that heal me in squads, I do my best, save as many people as i can, keep agro.

ok so you say barb that only have 10k hp cant tank, well, im sorry, but, Im lvl 80, and im doing just fine with my 12k HP. hell if the squad wipes, and the cleric is a ninja, and has some res scrolls and a guardian scroll, i can hold my own against a boss. Trust me, I kept my self alive on a TT1-3 boss for about 5 mins, cleric just missed me. yeah, you can say "sudupinyoface your just a noob barb, you dont know any thing" but you'd be wrong, i know more about being a barb than you do, I can tank, i can DD, i can save people, i can hold the damage of multiple mobs at once.. can you? like to see you try and do the pull in FCC, delta, gama, whatever suits your fancy the way i barb can.

seriously, this is a barb forum, your loosing your argument, I'd like to see you tell Fuzzy that he cant tank because his a barb. that would be a sight to see.

so please, shut that little mouth of your before you hurt your self.
  • Scaatto - Archosaur
    Scaatto - Archosaur Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Barbs worthless? I wanna see a BM or a Sin pulling a cata like barbs. I wanna see them pulling mobs and taking all the damages. Barbs are not worthless. Maybe they are not needed for EVERYTHING, but they are still a needed class. In FBs, they can pull a lot of mobs at the same time (Also sins and bms, but they cant take damage like barbs). Delta, Barbs are a must. TW, you cant win without barbs. So?
    A barb that learns how to farm for his gears or skills can be much better than just a 5 APS Sin or BM that doesnt know anything about their class (Not saying that this class only uses APS, ofc not)
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's true, barbs suck.
    I wish I was a sin. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You seriously think that at end game, I or any other aps DD is going to "pace" our damage in Nirvana/TT/BH/FF/etc (and end up taking twice as long to kill the bosses) just so as to make you feel useful as a Barb ?

LOLWUT ?

If you want to be useful, adjust your build *cough*claw barb*cough* accordingly. But don't think that you can just bring your full Vit build to end game instances and then **** about how its everybody else's fault for making you useless because they won't control their aggro for you. b:angry

I dont think I mentioned anything about "pacing" ones damage and I sure dont need anyone to make me feel "useful" as a vit build barb, the numerous requests from friends and friends of friends to tank things for them where you "aps" people failed to stay alive does that for me. I as a "tanking" barb know that when an "aps" person steals aggro I will inevitably get aggro back when your laying on the floor with 0 HP's. Doesnt matter wat your aps is when your dead cause when your dead your 0 aps and 0 dmg . As far as changing my stats to use a weapon that my class wasnt designed to use I will NEVER do so it is ridiculous, why have all those skills if all im going to be able to do is spark and spank. Any uneducated idiot can simply spark an spank bosses.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Any uneducated idiot can simply spark an spank bosses.

Perhaps this is partially why Fuzzy sees so many sins running around these days? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I dont think I mentioned anything about "pacing" ones damage and I sure dont need anyone to make me feel "useful" as a vit build barb, the numerous requests from friends and friends of friends to tank things for them where you "aps" people failed to stay alive does that for me. I as a "tanking" barb know that when an "aps" person steals aggro I will inevitably get aggro back when your laying on the floor with 0 HP's. Doesnt matter wat your aps is when your dead cause when your dead your 0 aps and 0 dmg . As far as changing my stats to use a weapon that my class wasnt designed to use I will NEVER do so it is ridiculous, why have all those skills if all im going to be able to do is spark and spank. Any uneducated idiot can simply spark an spank bosses.

Right on
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Stoopid Hoomans an fish peepholes, tis my aggro dammit.b:angry
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    But no, i love the clerics that heal me in squads, I do my best, save as many people as i can, keep agro.

That's nice. That's your job.
    ok so you say barb that only have 10k hp cant tank, well, im sorry, but, Im lvl 80, and im doing just fine with my 12k HP.

And the fail barb I was with was L100+, that's a twenty level gap between you and him.
    yeah, you can say "sudupinyoface your just a noob barb, you dont know any thing" but you'd be wrong, i know more about being a barb than you do, I can tank, i can DD, i can save people, i can hold the damage of multiple mobs at once.. can you?

I'm not going to call you noob, just misinformed. I know more about being a barb than you think and it's not a job I want. I have enough problems as a cleric when people act stupid in a squad. For your information, yes, I can hold the damage of multiple mobs at once. Easier in some instances than others, but I can do it.
    seriously, this is a barb forum, your loosing your argument, I'd like to see you tell Fuzzy that he cant tank because his a barb. that would be a sight to see.

so please, shut that little mouth of your before you hurt your self.

It's losing not loosing. I give my opinions freely just like everyone else here. If you don't like it, suck it up. I tell tanks exactly what I think when we squad or after or whenever. I form my opinions of tanks based on how they perform, not based on their class. Why don't you think about that for a minute before saying anything else.
  • Congenial - Heavens Tear
    Congenial - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As a wizard, who is clearly not needed in any squad endgame, especially since seekers can fill in in FCC, RB, zhen, etc., Let me share my view.

Barbs are absolutely NOT worthless.

First, there is TW. Say what you want, noone can effectively replace a barb there.

Second, look at world chat. People are constantly begging (and spending in game coin to do it, mind you) to get a barb in their squad.

Third, their buffs. I have over 10k hp with barb buff. Barb in my squad? Yes please.

Fourth, they are one of the few classes that can actually hunt assassins. A sure win? No, sins are broken. But barbs and bms and in some cases psychics have a much better chance than the other classes against THE broken class in the game.

Fifth, pve. Sure, sins and aps classes can tank bosses, etc, but so can barbs, and much more smoothly. clerics don't like aggro pong, and other dds don't like aps classes stealing aggro they can't handle, then dying and causing problems. Superman assassins won't die or lose aggro, but there are ALOT of wanna be's out there that do. I usually prefer a barb because I would rather not find out what kind of aps player I happen to have been squaded up with.

Sixth, Barbs have the option of going aps too, which means if you get tired of pulling a cata or spamming fleshream, you can solo TT, get on nirvana squads easily, and make some serious in game coin.

That enough reasons? I have more, but I think you get the point. If you have fun playing a barb, do it, by all means.

Now, if you want to talk about "sage" barbs being worthless . . . .

kidding. just kidding

well, kinda

b:avoid

I just recently went through the entire thread once again and I'm basking in afterglow of reading BLOODMYSTIC's reply to this thread. It's probably one of the major reasons why I stuck through with creating a barb. (:

Yeaps, a barb is pretty threatened nowadays, of that there is no doubt. But as long as I play the class well and continue getting asked to tank TT, BHs, FFs, I don't see why I can't get this barb to endgame and have fun doing it as well.

There ARE people who want to play with a barb in the squad, and if fail APS mindset people refuse to accept that, then it's their problem. I'm glad most trollers on this thread are NOT from HT. b:victory
    Barbs played right are like celebrities, you are welcome in every party - Fistol (Raging Tide)
    You're a fantastic barb, and I'd go anywhere with you - Merria (Heavens Tear)

I'm a chick barb, and I'm proud of it. b:pleased