Guessing...

Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Etherblade (West)
What's your guess about what will be happening in PWI in the near future?

Any ideas?

Anything you'd be interested in? Any expectations?

Dunno, I'm just bored so I wanted to start a topic about what people expect and might want regarding the future of PWI
Post edited by Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Not Expecting a lot from PWI TBH apart from one over powering cs sale after cs sale ..

But recently started playing another game based on the books by J.R.R Tolkien ( its gone F2P ) and graphic wise, content wise and F2P model wise ( Can earn CS currency by doing quests ) it blows PWI out the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Not Expecting a lot from PWI TBH apart from one over powering cs sale after cs sale ..

But recently started playing another game based on the books by J.R.R Tolkien ( its gone F2P ) and graphic wise, content wise and F2P model wise ( Can earn CS currency by doing quests ) it blows PWI out the water.

Well, I'm playing another game as well... but if there's something that I can't replace is PWI's community...

I was hoping for less CSing and more improvement on the game. This other game I'm playing right now gets patches quite often and not to offer a new sale (no CS there) but to fix bugs reported by players...

They even set a filter on spammers... meaning that if u go and send over 10 messages with the same content you're "banned" for an amount of time (and this was done due to people complains... which is what we're lacking here, we don't really have someone who listens to us and implements changes to satisfy the community, the ones who keep the game alive).

I'm really sad about the direction this game went to...
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    100% agree with you .. The management aspect of the game and their seeming total lack of care for their own game and it's players is PWI's biggest down fall.

I suppose though that is one of the problems with them not being the Dev's .. Their hands are tied on what they can and cannot do. Games always seem to work better when the community even if only through forums has direct communication with the Dev's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I just expect more of us pros to stop playing while more and more pwr lvld noobs take over.
    Right now ive been playing 2 other games not owned by pwi Vindictus and spiral knights Ones a bit redundent but gives a nice place to break **** and the other is a little cartoonish but has a nice set up.I think both are fairly new.As for the 'distant' future,this fall a certain game of the 2nd war of guilds comes out and I think a majority will stop this to play that.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I expect some sort of mass exodus from the game during the summer. Personally, PW isn't that fun when you achieved all your goals, and setting new ones just doesn't cut it, due to it not really being worth it.

Still expecting +13 refines to come though.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited May 2011
    Personally, PW isn't that fun when you achieved all your goals, and setting new ones just doesn't cut it, due to it not really being worth it.

Still expecting +13 refines to come though.....

Well, the moment I got everything to +12 I said "**** YEAH!" (not really :P) and 2 minutes later I realized I had no goal to achieve anymore... Now it's only TW and such...
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Getting my gear R9+12 too would be an awesome goal for you
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I remember when I squealed with happiness when I got my helm and weapon to +7 :/

I think I'd like ... rawr ... if I got +12 on anything lol
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I remember when I squealed with happiness when I got my helm and weapon to +7 :/

I think I'd like ... rawr ... if I got +12 on anything lol

i remember when this was seen as a major accomplishment.

tbh, like others i dont expect much from pwi these days. i believe the constant rotation of sales is an indication of them attempting to squeeze the last bit of coin out of their dying game. i, like gorgy, log for the community. its a bit different than anywhere else i've ever been. (in both good and bad ways). lately, i'm getting more enjoyment out of that Really Interesting Fun Thing i've been playing {pay to play yet cheaper for me than what i spend here}, but then i just like the amazing amounts of variety that it offers. probably will be joining many of you for that 2nd installment of warring guilds in the near future. When practically everyone i still log in to see switches games, me (and my lovely credit card statements) will be jumping ship also. b:sadb:bye
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    pm me the name of this game that blows pwi out of the water lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    PWI long played it's hand of being a cash shop development game, and barely anything of content. This is what unfortunately befalls the F2P MMO industry and the best time to play these games is early in their development when they actually care about content. After that, it's just about pure cash shop and the development of content and fixing bugs ceases unless it directly involves the cash shop. I don't anticipate anything at all will change -- the game's run it's course.

I'll probably be playing Skyrim which is a single player game, and not out for a while. Some have mentioned an MMO that's a Diablo/Hellgate ripoff, but I'm not sure if going through that same theme really interests me enough.
    edited May 2011
    I'vr tried lots of other games, yet found myself coming back to PWI, I've tried free and pay to play too b:sad

Stupid community making me come back! Let's all move to a game at the same time so we don't come back. b:victory
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Revenues drop, cash items get cheaper, gold soars, etc etc.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i expect new uber rank gear and +13 to 15 orb salesb:chuckle also during the summer i think svrs will be empty but who knows the only sure thing is there will be looots of saleb:victory
  • Divinie - Heavens Tear
    Divinie - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For me, I am a gamer at heart. I still have goals in PW to achieve which is one of the main reasons why I still play. WC does make me lol alot. However its not the only game I play either. DDO can be f2p or p2p, its your choice and iirc its by the same people that run LOTRO. From time to time I still log into Evercrack aka EverQuest.

I've seen the trailers for that Really Interesting Fun Thing and it looks fantastic. Im not entirely sure if my game card could handle the graphics in it heh. I am waiting for one game in particular to release, still unsure the exact timetable for it to come out since the eta keeps changing =( Star Wars: The Old Republic is what im waiting for most of all.
  • _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear
    _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I just expect more of us pros to stop playing while more and more pwr lvld noobs take over.
    Right now ive been playing 2 other games not owned by pwi Vindictus and spiral knights Ones a bit redundent but gives a nice place to break **** and the other is a little cartoonish but has a nice set up.I think both are fairly new.As for the 'distant' future,this fall a certain game of the 2nd war of guilds comes out and I think a majority will stop this to play that.

Shout YAY for EGO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alt character.
    Originally posted by Hojuken
    b. dislike /= hate. but glad to see you step into the fuss to make random comments about people you don't know/never met. i do believe you're from enrage? figures.
    I'm Enrage now? Since when?
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    it's hard to guess pwi's stance on the r9 issue from the steps they've taken

on 1 hand, i think they actually realised r9 fully killed the game (although some may argue that the game was long dead before then, r9 was when pwi actually turned into a fully pay to win game) and hence they removed the medals

however it's too late, way too many ppl have r9 now and the fact that r9 is not easily obtainable anymore (1 medal into the economy per week will mean a long wait for anyone else wanting r9) means that those without r9 are more likely to quit the game as they cannot compete with those with r9

conclusion: to me, it makes no sense to remove r9 medals since it just makes more people quit... maybe they're thinking of bringing them back in cashshop sometime in the near future as people will think it's "rare" and all rush to spend money to get medals- and then they increase the level cap or release r10 after that

slightly off-topic, and maybe i'm a little bit bored, but oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited May 2011
    Hai Divi b:cute I'm on Antonia Bayle server b:shy
  • Divinie - Heavens Tear
    Divinie - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Trigger!! =D Im on Luclin-Stromm and Bertox. Im glad Im not the only one that still plays that game. b:pleased

OMG how in the hell could i have forgotten about *** >< Cant wait for that to come out as well!
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    to be honest, this game has one of the best communites ive played in any game before. being here since the beginning, the people were fun, you usually squaded with random people who are helpful and you learned alot. and guilds were actually closer and TW just made things more fun.

the game was really at its peak when you had to farm, work for good things.

once they came out with genies, Cash shop sales, gears in CS, gold rising and not doing anything to stop is once the game just down under. then new people started coming in, charging their cards, get new gear and not even know how to play their class and be total losers about it.

then friends started leaving, game just got more boring.

but ill admit PW gameplay was addictive. but once you realized its all about money and your wasting your time trying to have the moments you had in the beginning you eventually will leave and should.

im hoping the game that comes out that most people from here willbe there, to at least make it fun. PWI is really just a cash making company now, they made a great product and ill admit they did a good job making alot from it. but lets hope the next big thing was like the beginning, hard earned items, no CS sales, better community . that was makes a game "home"

/rant
  • IWyz - Heavens Tear
    IWyz - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What is this new game?
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't expect PW's community to keep being so "high". They probably will loose quite a few people to some recent games that have either come out, or are coming out soon.

-The one Con was speaking of
    -A new P2P game that is similar to the biggest MMO. Start's with a R, ends with a T. (take a guess :P)
    -Guilds and Wars combined = ? Combine the words together, you just got the new game coming out in the near future, which is sure to lure players away.
    edited May 2011
    I tried rift and was not impressed with it. Definite let down from the commercials. I agree that we have a great community here but its gotten smaller and smaller as time passed on. I remember when we zhened we would talk to each other for hours just to lvl once or twice.Doing a tt took effort and soloing anything of importance was impossible.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The community and friends here is what has kept me playing this game. I've tried numerous other games, but none seem to compare to the social environment I find in PWI.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    PWi is just another social networking chat room with "added features"..............aka the actual game....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • strikercub
    strikercub Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    so.....being a new player im having lots of trouble finding friends at lower lvl and quest buddies so....should i quit now since the direction a lot of you taking is to jump ship at some point?
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    strikercub wrote: »
    so.....being a new player im having lots of trouble finding friends at lower lvl and quest buddies so....should i quit now since the direction a lot of you taking is to jump ship at some point?

The game is fine unless you have an urge to compete, then it's down to who's willing to devote the most money.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    the whole friend thing is harder now cause too many noobs are pwrlvling and aren't doing anything to learn their toon.Thats how i met most of the ppl on my fl.I needed a squad to kill khewi(or how ever its spelt) so i got with some other ppl that needed,made friends and we did things together in the future. When we zhened it gave time to get to know ppl cause mostly,u sat there and talked. all thats gone now.people dont need help anymore(unless ur like me and continue to be a noob even after ur pro)
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Ytrid - Heavens Tear
    Ytrid - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Evercrack *shakes* i need a fix :O i love that game wish some of the people from PWI would go play over there i'd never leave I;m on the AB server with trigger and on i dunno the new name since merge but old mistmoore server.. I thought about trying the DC Universe game go pretend to be a super hero anyone heard anything about it?
    edited May 2011
    Nope but sounds interesting :O

Rift is good so far. IMO much better than PWI