g15 sling

Options
RADD_RATT - Harshlands
RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Archer
so from what ive read in other threads i hear fail fail fail go r9 or quit. but heres the thing. ive got a 90 archer that was my main before TB came out and hes been kinda chillin since then. im planning on getting him to 100 soon so i was doin my research and looking for a good weapon. i dont have the money to go r9 so pleae dont mention it. maybe if the devs ever get thier heads out of their asses and bring medals back i might but untill then its not an option.

so i already have interval gear so god damnit im gunna use it. yeah sins will still thrash me i know i know, but i was lookin at the procs from nirvana weapons and im really liking this advanced seal thing. 2 things i dont know, 1 how often does it proc? and 2 does it even exist? ive never seen a screen shot of it on a weapon and ive been told some nirvana weapons have been recasted 90 or more times and never got the advance proc. i like the seal over the stun becasue theres no anti seal, and its 5 seconds over 3. i realize purge would be better but everyones already got that. (i hate following crowds) and besides once something is purged its purge and the proc wont do you any good on the same person. with interval and advanced seal im thinging it could do some real damage in TW.

if it procs enough it might be useful on cata barbs to keep them from potting and turtleing and what not while magic clases rip them up and it would probly do pretty good against those crazy DDs attacking your cata barbs (untill the find out why they are being sealed so often and squash you lol) but anyway....is this just a fail idea i should not persue? or am i on to somthing?
Post edited by RADD_RATT - Harshlands on

Comments

• lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Y would u go from archer to sin back to archer? **** and keep playing your sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    because i can play both O.o

the sin is a great farmer and pretty damn good at PvP out in the world but in TW its kinda tricky. if you unstealth behind enemy lines you have about 2 seconds to kill your target and restealth. all the decent DDs are tab targeting and since your job is usually to take out clerics they are usually in the back of the group. and when you unstelth everyone tab targeting goes straight to you....and even with good gear.....sins be squishy. and in you do get the kill and restealth youve got about 6 years before your stealth cools down to do it agan >.> i love my sin but they arent the best TW classes. i think an archer would be more useful in tea dubs
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think it's a waste of a physical DD to be shooting continuously at a cat barb. Just hp debuff the barb and move on. Seal might be nice, but so is Purge...if you Purge a typical robe/LA using a decently refined weapon you're likely going to 1 shot that player.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i guess it all depends on the proc rates. wish i knew what they were >.> i think it would be kinda funny to see someone sealed for 5 seconds just to get resealed within 3-4 seconds after it wears off. how the hell do you fight that? im thinking since im not going to be R9 i can still go purge...or seal... purge is more of an offensive stradegy but seal is a defensive one. my gear might suck but if you cant attack me what difference does it make?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In TW? Most decent ranged DDs will retreat out of range (like...Holy Path away) if sealed, just so they can come back with you selected. If they get Purged it's more complicated for them, lol.

If you want defensive Seal...well...you know the class for that.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol but i can just reseal them. and like i already said >.> ive got a 90 archer and i might as weel use my sins gear on him. im not farmin psychick gear
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's TW...masses of people are moving around on your screen at one time...are you going to wait for this one guy to come back into range?

Archers should move around constantly, only stopping to attack. The faster you can kill someone, the less time you get to spend standing around, and the safer it is for you.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    youre really not helping me. im not going to assume everyone has holypath ready just incase they get sealed. im not going to assume that everyone i attack will instantly target me when theres 50+ people on the screen
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Advanced seal wont help you much in TW. If you cant seal them 100% of the time its practically useless to you as an archer.

Magic classes only need 1 or 2 hits to hurt you badly. Most classes except Seekers and Mystics have a stun they can use on you at will. Most people who are sealed will run away. In most end-game TW guilds, your opponites most likely wont survive more than 5 seconds without an immune pot. If they do then they're likely one of the rare super-tanky full JoSD, +10 Rank 9 characters who will likely 1-3 shot you.

In which case such characters need to be debuffed - not sealed.

youre really not helping me. im not going to assume everyone has holypath ready just incase they get sealed. im not going to assume that everyone i attack will instantly target me when theres 50+ people on the screen

I dont think you get it. They dont have to holy path away to run away. They just have to run far enough behind 2 or 3 other DD's who will pummel you.

Furthermore heres the cold reality of your situation:

If your a factor enough that leaving you alive will likely get 2-3 others killed you will be targeted instantly. Otherwise your a non-factor to your enemies and they could care less with your damage.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Advanced seal wont help you much in TW. If you cant seal them 100% of the time its practically useless to you as an archer.

what you said makes a lot of sence and your probly right. but what i quoted is what im really curious about. if the proc is somthing crazy like 30-40% then hitting 1.5 times a second will result in more time being sealed then not. does anyone know the proc%?
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok ok for the most part yopu guys are right. i just really want to know what the % is. is there any way to get this info or do i have to find some one with the weapon and have them hit me 1000 times and write down every proc? i still want to try what hasnt been done
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Normal seal is around 5% while Soul Concealment is supposedly around 10%. I never seen it specified or published from official sources anywhere though, so can probably give or take a few when it comes to the advance seal. Its not much more than 10% tho.

I'm sure it would be nice to open Barrage on a huge cluster of people in TW and sealing a few of them. But in the end if you had Soul Shatter or Spirit Blackhole instead, you would have purged them - and they would most likely die shortly after. No one lives long in a TW ones the buffs are gone specially not if someone is zhenning on you.

Seal only makes people kite out of range and wait for it to wear of, it doesn't really kill anyone.

I guess if you have Soul Concealment and open Barrage around the Chrystal you can make a bit of difference, than you will close down other archers Barrage and stop BMs from using Roar of the Pride. Most people that AOE will use free movement skill/pots inside enemy base, but they can still be sealed since its a negative status effect.

But for single targets in TW a 5-10% seal is kinda useless.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I thought people use immunes instead so they don't get their precious 2 spark zhen stopped by a kick to the face x.x
  • angellicdeity
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I thought people use immunes instead so they don't get their precious 2 spark zhen stopped by a kick to the face x.x

BM's often immune before running head into a group of enemies in TW. Movement immunity + invincibility allows them to run right into the cata's and heavy DD's and stun.

Some really annoying veno's who have sage purge will often movement immunity + invincibility to allow them to run into a nice clump drop sage purge and drop a few aoes or attacks while giving them time to run back.

Some wizards will movement immune + invincible to let them drop a nice BID's right on top of the cata-squads or a good clump of DD's.

If your guild has flawless teamwork as a high profile target you can run into a group of enemies and immune to throw them off guard for a few seconds while your guild can drop a few AOE's when they get stuck in their attack animations due to your invincibility.

Basically immunes are used whenever you need to do near suicidal stuff in TW.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hmmmmmm would i rather be sealed for 5 seconds or lose half my p def, 30% of my max hp, and 30% of my mres. hmmmm this is tough.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Unless you got tons of $ to spare:

I assume you play both chars equally. I'd go for a bow in that case & prefly nirv 2nd cast, since it can be account stashed & used by your sin/archer. If you got the $ go for r9, but medals too expensive now though.

I used to have lunar sling with the seal effect a while ago. Honestly in pve it was annoying as hell; in pk - I barely remember it activating, never tried it in tw though.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    QQ only 10% ok you guys win. but dont be hating, an acher shooting 1.5aps with a weapon that hits about the same at +10 as the R8 with advanced seal....i had to at least get a second oppinion
  • Masuna - Harshlands
    Masuna - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yo radd, you've pretty much got answers from all the lords of pwi archery here, all thats missing is asterelle. from years of exp, to countless hours of testing these ppl know what their talking about. the answers you want will come from noobs, you really have 2 options

1-stun and seal procs are kinda nifty for open world pvp, if you want to be different, go for it

2-in TW the best thing an archer can do is purge, even if your against an OP ****, a purge allows your squad or others to be more effective at killing

so be different, or be more effective and deadly for your faction.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Here are some things to think about:

Foundation of World has a 6% channelling add (which is probable) and a 10% channelling (which is improbable). In my opinion, an "advanced proc" is not likely to be better than the base version by greater than 10/6. If nothing else, channelling has diminishing returns.

Another thing to think about is that the advanced procs are unlikely. Consider, for example: http://superhebbe.com/claws/.

And, finally, the kind of opponent seal slingshots are best against are likely to be different than those which purge bows are best against. Any proc is mostly going to be a luck thing except when you can afford to stand there and hammer your opponent for a long time. But seal is good for preventing skills (including force stealth) where purge is good for soloing opponents which are best handled by a squad. A squad armed with seal weapons might very well be more dangerous than a squad armed with purge bows, because their combined damage output could be high enough that they do not need to wait for purge to land their kills, and because of how seal shuts a person down.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sling would be more viable if it had a debuff.

I think Bow debuff gives the edge over Sling. Its almost the same interval.

I had go rank9 > nv bow > sling nv > Rank8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • angellicdeity
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Here are some things to think about:

Foundation of World has a 6% channelling add (which is probable) and a 10% channelling (which is improbable). In my opinion, an "advanced proc" is not likely to be better than the base version by greater than 10/6. If nothing else, channelling has diminishing returns.

Another thing to think about is that the advanced procs are unlikely. Consider, for example: http://superhebbe.com/claws/.

And, finally, the kind of opponent seal slingshots are best against are likely to be different than those which purge bows are best against. Any proc is mostly going to be a luck thing except when you can afford to stand there and hammer your opponent for a long time. But seal is good for preventing skills (including force stealth) where purge is good for soloing opponents which are best handled by a squad. A squad armed with seal weapons might very well be more dangerous than a squad armed with purge bows, because their combined damage output could be high enough that they do not need to wait for purge to land their kills, and because of how seal shuts a person down.

Seal shuts nobody down.

You can run away and wait to become unsealed.

At end-game gear you just need to land a stun to deal massive damage.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Seal shuts nobody down.

You can run away and wait to become unsealed.

At end-game gear you just need to land a stun to deal massive damage.

And yet, in TW (for example) time can matter? And if you can get people to run away from the cata squad, that can be very nice.
  • OneBeer - Sanctuary
    OneBeer - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hey man i have a G15 sling :) it rocks hardcore man. I must say G16 bow is better ofc but thats if you want to spend 900m on the wep and 300m on ring then refine and gem it for 1.7-2bn total.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/verticoli/2011-05-1413-30-42.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/verticoli/2011-05-1123-45-10-1.jpg

heres a pic of my fists and sling. My archer is hardcore and pwns in pvp.
    Attck rate 1.11 normal / 1.54 QS / 1.54 sparked
    Im still recasting sling but its great to get if you want to spend 2bn on a +12 R9 bow + ring
    Verticoli - 100 Barb
    LiteGreen - 101 Sin
    WeedBuds - 101 BM --http://pwcalc.com/279f335fb56444aa--
    BlackMint - 103 Barb --http://pwcalc.com/3016ecc16db4d1a6--
    OneBeer - 101 Archer --http://pwcalc.com/8f000960019b1696--
    (the gear I'm working towards now for archer only)
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hey man i have a G15 sling :) it rocks hardcore man. I must say G16 bow is better ofc but thats if you want to spend 900m on the wep and 300m on ring then refine and gem it for 1.7-2bn total.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/verticoli/2011-05-1413-30-42.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/verticoli/2011-05-1123-45-10-1.jpg

heres a pic of my fists and sling. My archer is hardcore and pwns in pvp.
    Attck rate 1.11 normal / 1.54 QS / 1.54 sparked
    Im still recasting sling but its great to get if you want to spend 2bn on a +12 R9 bow + ring

YES! just the man ive been looking for. kk so ive got some questions. i dont know how many tmes youve recasted that thing but how often do you get the advance stun/seal and if you have had it how often would you say it procs? im hearing around 10% from most people but if its anything higher then 25 an interval sling would be awesome.

just when i was about to give up hope and go for the bow. which i still might do mainly for the reason my sin could also use it. but this sling thing has me very curious as not many archers have the guts to spend the cash on what you have to try it out.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And yet, in TW (for example) time can matter? And if you can get people to run away from the cata squad, that can be very nice.

Yes time does matter, but think about it for a bit more. If someone gets purged, and doesn't die in the next a couple of seconds, what will they do? They are not going to carry on their usual business. I know when I get purged, I gtfo of front line and run back to at least self buff. So if the purge doesn't kill someone already, it will have the same effect, time wise, as a seal.

YES! just the man ive been looking for. kk so ive got some questions. i dont know how many tmes youve recasted that thing but how often do you get the advance stun/seal and if you have had it how often would you say it procs? im hearing around 10% from most people but if its anything higher then 25 an interval sling would be awesome.

just when i was about to give up hope and go for the bow. which i still might do mainly for the reason my sin could also use it. but this sling thing has me very curious as not many archers have the guts to spend the cash on what you have to try it out.
    Now you are just getting desperate. It's not going to be a 25% proc rate. Most main stats on weapon, with the exception of zerk, have about he same proc rate. 5% is the number that's been passed around.

Unless you get really lucky, going for an adv stat on a weapon is going to be expensive. It took me 33 rerolls to just get one adv zerk on axes. It would have cost me about the same if not less to get R9 axes.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes time does matter, but think about it for a bit more. If someone gets purged, and doesn't die in the next a couple of seconds, what will they do? They are not going to carry on their usual business. I know when I get purged, I gtfo of front line and run back to at least self buff. So if the purge doesn't kill someone already, it will have the same effect, time wise, as a seal.

That would be true, I imagine, if their actions in those few seconds would have been irrelevant.

And, I imagine that this would be the case if you are purging an irrelevant character.

(That said, I am still not really arguing for the slingshot, I am not satisfied by the character of our arguments against it, but that's not the same thing.)
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My archer is hardcore and pwns in pvp.

lolwut?

any r8 +10 can 1 shot you with those defenses...

but nvm, r8 +10 is hard to see nowadays...

oh wait...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lolwut?

any r8 +10 can 1 shot you with those defenses...

but nvm, r8 +10 is hard to see nowadays...

oh wait...

Dunno about you, but except for an R8 wiz dropping an ulti on you, I don't see many R8 +10s hitting 11ks.
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Eh, just go ahead and get nirv sling with adv seal/20 att levels+2x0.05 int bonus, don't go for less though.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dunno about you, but except for an R8 wiz dropping an ulti on you, I don't see many R8 +10s hitting 11ks.

I think you are right.
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2jc7w4o.jpg

But I'm R8 +6 hittin 10.9k on a r8 archer with similar or better defenses than him...